Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Greetings From Tasmania.

Red face Greetings From Tasmania.

Hello all,
    Seasons Greetings from a cold and windy Tasmania,
    Sheesh, I am wondering when summer will finally get here.

I received my Vaping kit for Christmas and at first thought this to be total nonsense and a waste of money, however after three days I am hooked. The kit I received was a Canadian brand known as Smoke NV and the instructions told me that the cartridges were non refillable. I am not one to take no for an answer and doing some searching around on the net soon figured out a way to do it. Yes they are refillable and I am satisfied with the results.

I am somewhat peeved though that one cannot legally obtain juice with nicotine additive in Australia, this to me seems bureaucratic bull manure, for since getting used to vaping, my tobacco usage of shop bought cigs has almost vanished but I still would like a small nicotine fix now and then and hopefully eliminate its dependancy entirely. I have heard that there is current research going on in the university of Qld., and we may get approval. Over the holidays I have experimented with my own mixes however I could not find VG Glycerine in Woolies or IGA and have tried just to see if the refilling works Faulding Glycerine. Ok, I do agree it tastes like crap, but I am satisfied that yes I can refill the smoke nv cartriges. I have ordered three different flavours from N.Z. which strangely enough is legal to do and am awaiting its arrival. I have also done some surfing around to see how to extract nicotine from tobacco to make my own juice and have a small batch brewing like tea to see if that will work.

Indeed vaping is fun and I look forward with interest to read experiences of others.

A happy vaping new year to you all
    Jim.

Welcome to the hobby!

I'm sure if you read enough in these forums, your questions will all be answered. I'm afraid I don't know enough to help you.

Best Regards - The Gardener.
    Veni. Vidi. Vape. *

iTaste V3, Nemesis clone, Trident clone, Steam Turbine clone, Kraken clone, iClear16s; Dekang, Hangsen and Liqua e-juices... more to come... soon!.

* With apologies to Julius Caesar.

Thank you, I look forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Triwuffus View Post
    Hello all,

I received my Vaping kit for Christmas and at first thought this to be total nonsense and a waste of money, however after three days I am hooked. The kit I received was a Canadian brand known as Smoke NV and the instructions told me that the cartridges were non refillable. I am not one to take no for an answer and doing some searching around on the net soon figured out a way to do it. Yes they are refillable and I am satisfied with the results.

I am somewhat peeved though that one cannot legally obtain juice with nicotine additive in Australia, this to me seems bureaucratic bull manure, for since getting used to vaping, my tobacco usage of shop bought cigs has almost vanished but I still would like a small nicotine fix now and then and hopefully eliminate its dependancy entirely. I have heard that there is current research going on in the university of Qld., and we may get approval. Over the holidays I have experimented with my own mixes however I could not find VG Glycerine in Woolies or IGA and have tried just to see if the refilling works Faulding Glycerine. Ok, I do agree it tastes like crap, but I am satisfied that yes I can refill the smoke nv cartriges. I have ordered three different flavours from N.Z. which strangely enough is legal to do and am awaiting its arrival. I have also done some surfing around to see how to extract nicotine from tobacco to make my own juice and have a small batch brewing like tea to see if that will work.

Indeed vaping is fun and I look forward with interest to read experiences of others.

Jim.
    Hi Jim, Welcome. Most can't get off the stinkies without nicotine so don't beat yourself up over it. You can buy most vaping supplies locally including some very yummy flavours. Just look in the Aussie vendor section and review section of the forum. Most of them also sell unflavoured pg and vg. Yes, unfortunately it is true that you cannot buy nicotine locally but a good place to start is Health Cabin - also in the vendor section under international. They sell nicotine in vg or pg or a combination of both and you can also get unflavoured no nic in either pg or vg. If you get it shipped via DHL or EMS you will get it quite quickly (3-5 working days is usual for DHL)

Just remember when mixing local flavour juices (we call them doublers) with nicotine, the strength of both will halve. So typically you will mix say 10 ml of flavour doubler with 10 ml of 36mg/ml nicotine to get a nice 20 ml bottle of flavour mix containing 18mg/ml nicotine. You can change the ratios as you please.

If you are happy with your hardware, great. If you choose to look at something new, ask questions here because there are many people that have experienced the 2nd and 3rd gen stuff and feel even more satisfied with their vaping journey.

Best of luck to you.
    spud, vaping_gal and Mathy like this.

AVF Regular
    Oh goodie another Tasmanian
    WELCOME Triwuffus

spud and Pipesub like this.

Hello from across the pond!!!!!

AVF Regular
    Greetings from the North Island Triwuffus. Plenty of reading for you here. Nicotine is easy to buy, just order it from O/S.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triwuffus View Post
    Hello all,

Jim.
    Welcome to AVF.
    Not sure what you are using as the base material to extract nic from or what method your are using but chances are you will get very low yield nicotine strength & depending on what you are trying to extract it from, the juice may be just as bad for you as cancer sticks.
    It's far better to order from O/S, from trusted vendors that sell unflavored nic &/or pre-mixed juice.
    Take a look in my list for recommended newbie items & the other link for a guide to juice consumption needs:
    Noes List !
    Noe's Newbie guide to nicotine juice consumption & strength.
    Donna likes this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Thank you all for your kind welcomes and replies.
    To answer how I brewed up my nico juice was simple. I had 5g of Rollie Tobacco left over when I took the pledge on Christmas day. Ok, like tea leaves, I decided to brew this lot up and let it simmer on the stove for 10 min. I used enough boiling water to just cover the tobacco and let stand and simmer for 10 mins. I then strained the juice through Muslin, and when cooled mixed it in equal proportion to VG Glycerine which I finally found at a health shop. The end result when my Smoke NV cartridge was recharged with about .75mls of this mixture was quite satisfying. Calculating the cost if I would use a 50g pouch of tobacco and brew this juice the saving would be astronomical compared to what I was spending on those horrid fags. Indeed I have ordered three bottles of proper Tobacco Juice from N.Z. and am waiting for it to arrive so I can compare their mix and mine.

Have a wonderfull New Year you all!

From Jim & Sarah
    Both of whom are delighted that the cigarette deamon has all but been
    Donna and Altered1 like this.

AVF Regular
    Welcome and good luck with your venture.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast