Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

E-Cig for my dad.

Hey guys

I'm a total newbie to E-cigs in fact i don't even smoke. I'm actually here for my father. I want to buy my dad a E-Cig kit to try and get him to quit smoking. I want to surprise him with it, as if i were to tell him now, he would probably tell me not to buy one. He is a heavy smoker. Smokes around a pack a day of Winfield.

I've did a little bit of research. although i can't find many E-Cigs that look like actual cigarettes? I know my dad won't put anything in his mouth that doesn't look like a real cigarette. I also noticed a lot of the E-juices come in fruit flavours and such, but i'm pretty sure he won't be into that. He would want it to taste as much possible as a real cigarette.

Any suggestions would be greatful. thanks!

As an ex smoker when I switched to e-cigs I tried a ciggie type model, the 510. It was great at first but I wasn't getting the satisfaction of something called 'throat hit', which most smokers miss when switching to e-cigs. I was still craving tobacco cigs most of the time.

Within weeks I bought an Ego kit, which has a bigger battery and more power, with some LR cartomisers, and now I have the throat hit, and I am using low nic, about 11mg. I have been baccy cigs free for 6 weeks, and feel heaps better.

Many others will come on and help you that are far more experienced than me, but I wish I had gone straight to an Ego and saved some money.

My 2 cents, hope your Dad likes vaping!

AVF Regular
    I did exactly what your talking about Rank1, I got my Dad a 510 and a heap of different juices @24mg.
    He didnt like the idea but I just said "what have you got to loose" and he hasnt had a smoke since.
    He never smoked menthol but thats the juice he vapes now.
    10 months and going strong.
    JuiceWhore Sig

Sik
    yup 510's are a good start
    Current Vape: Variable Wattage mod, EPM Boge tanks, Something Fruity

Just to throw a small spanner in .. I would recomend 510T over the standard 510.
    Still the same size but better performance and easy to see when a top up needed, pretty fool proof system, very rare leaks apparentely but I have not had an issue with any 510T at all so its not the norm.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

gaz
    the other side of the equation is juice, make sure he has a good selection to start with, a good tasting juice in a well performing device will give him a hassle free start. A wide selection of tobaccos would have to include JW Dels Ult Pipe, I was surprised (pleasently) how good it actually, and is one of only 2 tobacco juices I really like and have tried a few. Throw in some good fruity and desert flavours as well, you can never be quite sure what someone will like. The best device in the world with a juice your father dislikes will turn him off quicker then the opposite.

GaZ

+1 for the 510T if you're looking for a ciggie look-a-like.

Go with the XL tanks though...then standard ones just don't last long enough

Awesome stuff I got my old man onto these things also. He sticks with the ciggie look-a-like 510 too. You can get a great starter kit from Juicewhore.com
    You'll need to get you nicotine from outside aus however, so I'd stick with Healthcabin.net or heaven-gifts.com (get some spare cartomizers while you're at it. Go with the Boge LR orange)
    Keep in mind when ordering nicotine that it doesn't dispense nicotine into your system the same way, so whilst he may smoke an 8 or 12mg ciggy, he'll need a stronger nicotine juice. This seems to be a common mistake on first purchases. I'd go with a 24mg e-juice in a tobacco flavour. a good 50ml bottle should do him.
    Hope this helps mate.

I really like the Joye 306 as a cig replica. Bit thinner than the great 501. With a portable charge case as the battery is only tiny. I made the mistake of getting lr atomizer for it which will apparently kill the battery dead but at 10 bucks a pop I'm not too bothered and with 18 mg Winston it packs a punch in the throat hit department for now! I have to add a bit of no nic flavor ultimate pipe it hits my throat too hard otherwise. But the 501 is compatible with it so try both types if you have a spare 30 bucks. Health cabin have been good for my nicotine orders. Good luck hope your dad likes whatever you get.

It's worth pointing out I'm only a light smoker. A 306 would be no good for someone who smokes all day, even with a charger the carts only last about 5 cigarettes then you have to top them up far to diddly for most.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast