Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Purchacing my first settup HELP

Purchacing my first settup HELP

Hi guys im quite new to this vapour cigs
    im currently switching from cigarettes to help me quit
    im really considering purchasing my first settup for under $50
    i have no idea where to start so what would you guys recommend ?

im aiming for something that is low maintenance so i don't have to constantly keep replacing parts
    & outputs alot of real thick white smoke/vapour

AVF Regular
    Welcome DarkNation,

Checkout Noe's list here Noes List !

and this is recommended reading as well for the newbie: A Guide to Vaping - By AVF as too is this: Crash Course for New Vapers
    Noe, GirlyPantz, spud and 1 others like this.

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkNation View Post
    im aiming for something that is low maintenance so i don't have to constantly keep replacing parts
    & outputs alot of real thick white smoke/vapour
    Then I'd recommend cigarettes.

Nah, just kidding. Buy the following from any of the vendors on the Aussie Vendor page and you'll be off to a good start:

2 x Aspire clearomisers, Mini Vivi Nova style.
    2 x Replacement pack of Aspire coils
    2 x Ego C Twists OR Vision Spinner batteries
    2 x USB chargers, with a wall plug if you like

Then order a big selection of 10ml flavoured nicotine juices at 18mg from Health Cabin.

That will all cost you a bit over $100, but you'll be set for quite a while, till you figure it all out and decide if and how you want to upgrade your gear and juice.

And also check out the links Altered1 posted.

Good luck!
    GirlyPantz, margyb, spud and 4 others like this.

what would you guys say about this product? https://www.fasttech.com/products/1411/10004594/1383905

Super Moderator
    Hi and congrats on making the decision to switch. The only advice I have is try not to limit yourself to too tight a budget for your initial setup. You're really going to be pushing the envelope trying to get gear and nic juice for fifty bucks. Consider making slightly more of an investment (as listed in earlier post) and giving yourself a better chance of success. You'll end up getting back your initial investment plus loads more on the savings you'll make.
    spud and maggie like this.
    Ingrid

Quote Originally Posted by rockmoose View Post
    Is Ingrid the only one who thinks my penis looks slightly vaginal?

what would you guys say about this product? https://www.fasttech.com/products/1411/10004594/1383905
    The itaste is a good choice, but make sure you get a couple of extra ego bats as backups, nothing worse than not having a backup battery is something goes wrong. I'd recommend getting some evod clearos, or some aspire BDCs, as well. Fasttech are good for prices, but you wont get anything quickly, sometimes things can take over a month to get to Australia, so if you want your kit quickly, go with Aussie vendors. Have a look at the approved vendors on here for some ideas

Depending where you live, (it always helps to put your location under your avatar), there may be a B&M store near you where you can get some face to face help, or an AVF member close by that can help.

Have a look at the stickies at the top of the new vapers forum, they are great for those just starting their vaping journey.

Welcome
    maggie likes this.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

I started on something close to this and am in the process of upgrading after about 3 months. You will also have to get batteries and a charger. .. and some juices. Postage from a number of vendors sucks when you do that.

I ended up just getting the whole lot from juicewhore.com.au
    GirlyPantz and spud like this.

AVF Regular
    never had one. But i have that brand's "SVD" and i love it.

Also i've heard good things about the iTaste VW.

Whatever you do buy 2, you need one for when one is on charge. DON'T let things charge overnight. U wanna be around in case they are faulty and blow up.

you need 2 chargers cos if one breaks then you are Screwed and you don't wanna be in that position with your nicotine. you'll go back to shitty smokes.

we call fasttech "slow" tech...if you rely on their free postage it takes AGES. If you rely on their paid postage it will PROBABLY take ages...so be prepared for this. you don't get things you need from fasttech only things you want eventually.

people on here are always experimenting with clearomisers that work (clouds etc), and the only replaceable part in them is the coil when they get cruddy, most of which you can clean with a "dry burn" a few times to revitalise them

I don't need squat for ages, i just went shopping.
    $1800.61 Spent on Vaping so far, stocked up for 2 years @ 8ml/per day.

apreciate the info and help
    ok guys im having a hard time deciding between the iTaste VW v3 & a Kanger mini protank 2
    Last edited by DarkNation; 01-01-14 at 02:18 PM.

I got an Innokin SVD with an iClear 30 tank, some juice, batteries and a charger for about $120. It has served me well but now i am upgrading to a rebuildable.

I agree with the others on this forum... dont be too tight when buying your gear..
    Rossco likes this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast