Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By spud
  • 2 Post By Olfella
  • 1 Post By Altered1

Thread: Future hardware choice? I want to make coils, Does it have to be sub-ohm?

AVF Regular

Future hardware choice? I want to make coils, Does it have to be sub-ohm?

Hi everyone!,
    Im still fairly new to vaping but ive been looking into it for allot longer than ive had it

Ive got a SVD with a protank2 and iclear30s. What is a good atomizer to go for for my first rebuildable? What would be your next piece of kit? Mods slightly interest me and i would purchase a clone to see what the fuss is about But im more inclined at this point towards a electronic board that can do sub-ohm's, Which then lead me to dna-20 board but then it doesnt run low voltage control? Then i got lost.

Any help? Recommendations?

If you want to start using rebuildables, I would go for a simple genesis atty, like an RSST, Aga T2, or I-atty clone, or dripper, (if drippings your thing). The kayfun lite clone, taifun, etc, are all good ones to start with if you like this style of atty.

I would also avoid sub ohm setups, until you are confident with making coils, and know a lot more about electrical safety, both for you and your equipment. I would recommend starting off by building 1.6 to 2.4 ohm coils, and mastering building wick and coils before worrying about getting into sub ohm stuff. You may find you are quite happy not going down the sub ohm path.

Others that have more experience with RBAs will no doubt chime in with good advice You can also find out how to build quite a few different wick and coil combinations by having a look on youtube, and reading some of the excellent threads on this forum.
    Olfella likes this.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

Please do not take this the wrong way,but walk before you run..ie do not try sub ohm coils before you know what you are doing...and really they are not necessary for a bloody good vape..I would suggest an RSST or IATTY or even a Kayfun style of atomiser to learn on...keep your coils in the 1.2 to 1.6 ohm range and you should be ok...But please check out a heap of you tube vids on building coils and safety etc etc...
    As far as I know most board type mods will not go sub...

spud beat me to it )
    Driesy77 and spud like this.
    I VAPE = I LIVE

Started Vaping at 16:00 hrs on 11th April 2013...
    Saved poop loads of $ not buying stinkies since then.
    Spending poop loads of $ on shinies and juice etc since then
    But now I am happy...

AVF Regular
    RSST atomiser is easy to rebuild, has a full tank, so the bottom of the tank is insulated to avoid a short using ss rope or mesh. But works well with cotton wick as well. The positive post is spring loaded so you dont have to be an expert with the screwdriver. You also don't need to sub ohm it to get satifactory levels of vapour. will work fine on the SVD - I'd aim for a 1.2 to 1.4ohm coil and see how you go. if you want to sub ohm, perhaps look at a mech mod.

edit - well thats three people saying the same thing.....
    spud likes this.

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

For some dripping, Igo l and Igo w and good starting points. They will go well on the svd at 1.4+ ohms.

Tank wise...Personally I find genesis rebuildables finicky but love kayfuns. Dead easy, fully sealed and awesome vape. You're going to be holding a 9inch monster though, so I prefer a mechanical mod or smaller mod for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AVF Regular
    Cheers for the advice guys, yeh thats what i thought, im more than happy to play around making coils that are 1.4 ohm +

So im getting a foggerv2, i-atty and igo-l. Also purchased a cheap mod and a vamo v3 for a backup. This should do me for a little while ey? From what ive seen a kayfun lite or russian is the Rolls Royce of tanks so once ive had a good play around with all these i think that's my next purchase. Im also contemplating getting the innokin vtr because i really like the box design, i dont want the army green color though

I'd agree with your rolls royce analogy. Consider the itaste Mvp as well if you like a box mod. Better in my opinion... More battery and not restricted by the size of the top ring on the vtr.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk