Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Wanted to share an observation

Wanted to share an observation

I've been vaping close to a year now, the motivation (in pleasure/pain terms) was to avoid the potential ill effects of cigarette. Naturally, given the motivation, my holy grail was a genuine analog taste in a lookalike vaporiser. OK, an efficient lookalike was an unrealistic dream, but kept looking for the perfect juice. And found it, Gueverra and Puros are as close as possible to what I recollect a really good smoke tasted like. Since it had been so long since smoking/tasting good tobacco, and purely in the interests of research I bought a really good cigar. Of the 20 dollars I spent, I wasted 15, stubbing it out and discarding almost immediately. YUCKOH !!!!!! I think now for the first time my motivation to vape is for its own intrinsic pleasure, rather than pain (cigarette) avoidance. I'm now vaping VK Royal blend, Steamers' Espresso (with a touch of Bavarian cream) and believe it or not, VK Double Apple Shisha, none of which I would have even considered 6 months ago. My whole perspective has changed, from accepting an ersatz smoking experience, to revelling in a vastly superior nicotine delivery system. The only trouble is, my previous juice quest had fairly limited parameters which now longer pertain. I browsed through a few vendor lists and literally could not make a choice. Looking for sweet, or creamy, or fruity and vaguely reminiscent of tobacco or not covers every juice there is. There are no limits, except maybe banana pudding, not sure I'm up for that yet. Life's tough isn't it????? But I would appreciate a push in the right direction from the collective wisdom. I've looked at favourite juice lists and such but wonder whether preference isn't only personal taste, but where you are in the journey.
    Sorry about raving on a bit, but was a bit startled by my little moment of insight
    Happy New year to all

AVF Regular
    Hi Coxy, VK's Double Apple Shisha is one of my favourites - noice choice

Of what I've got and tasted here are my thoughts, mostly 50/50 PG/VG and 18 => 24mg

I've got VK Royal Blend but I find it a bit bleh, however, I liven it up with a dash of VK Emerald Shot - vapes like a choo-choo bar (licorice/aniseed).
    Mt Baker Vapour 555 is a tobacco with a sort of caramel influence. I go on and off this one, there's also a menthol version which isn't too bad.
    JuiceWhore Citrus Tart and Spliced lime are kind of fruity creamy option, although I don't find the citrus component very strong (these are doublers)
    JuiceWhore Blood Orange, which is a development flavour, is quite orangey and refreshing.
    FanceeJuice's Cloudarita is like a margharita minus the tequila, quite refreshing. FanceeJuice make sample packs.

Hope this gives some ideas, I'm sure there will be other suggestions, cheers Deb
    maggie likes this.

AVF Regular
    What's your beef with Banana ?

I made up a great Banana Cream from loranne flavors... it's almost an ADV
    Coxy likes this.

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

Thanx Mathy, Cloudarita sounds like a next step.
    No beef with banana Altered1, just the baby steps I'm taking in that direction haven't got me there yet. Only just jumped out of the ash tray of tobacco flavours

AVF Regular
    All good Coxy ! I totally get it. I tried about 5 tobacco flavours before I gave up and stuck with a RY4 concentrate as a keeper (my wife thinks it smells like cotton candy!). I think most of us that have given up the smokes subconciously have searched for a tobacco replacement. It is a very personal journey to find what you like. With the Banana, I find my banana cream gives a very heavy full flavour without over powering the tastebuds... if that makes sense.

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

AVF Regular
    Coxy,
    I think it comes down to trying a few sample packs to work out where your preferences lie. Like you, I also was looking for that tobacco substitue when I started, but trying sample packs opened up a whole new world of flavours ..... and some flavours I wouldn't have drunk or eaten in a pink fit but they were great to vape. Interesting what you say about guevarra though, as I've had my eye on that one for quite a while but never gotten around to ordering it .... you just might have given me the push I needed LOL.
    Cheers
    Sodd
    Coxy likes this.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coxy View Post
    I've been vaping close to a year now, the motivation (in pleasure/pain terms) was to avoid the potential ill effects of cigarette. Naturally, given the motivation, my holy grail was a genuine analog taste in a lookalike vaporiser. OK, an efficient lookalike was an unrealistic dream, but kept looking for the perfect juice. And found it, Gueverra and Puros are as close as possible to what I recollect a really good smoke tasted like. Since it had been so long since smoking/tasting good tobacco, and purely in the interests of research I bought a really good cigar. Of the 20 dollars I spent, I wasted 15, stubbing it out and discarding almost immediately. YUCKOH !!!!!! I think now for the first time my motivation to vape is for its own intrinsic pleasure, rather than pain (cigarette) avoidance. I'm now vaping VK Royal blend, Steamers' Espresso (with a touch of Bavarian cream) and believe it or not, VK Double Apple Shisha, none of which I would have even considered 6 months ago. My whole perspective has changed, from accepting an ersatz smoking experience, to revelling in a vastly superior nicotine delivery system. The only trouble is, my previous juice quest had fairly limited parameters which now longer pertain. I browsed through a few vendor lists and literally could not make a choice. Looking for sweet, or creamy, or fruity and vaguely reminiscent of tobacco or not covers every juice there is. There are no limits, except maybe banana pudding, not sure I'm up for that yet. Life's tough isn't it????? But I would appreciate a push in the right direction from the collective wisdom. I've looked at favourite juice lists and such but wonder whether preference isn't only personal taste, but where you are in the journey.
    Sorry about raving on a bit, but was a bit startled by my little moment of insight
    Happy New year to all
    About 1 month off of 3 years in & I still enjoy Puros & Guevara, IMO HoL liquids do a very good NET tobacco juice & NET still has a place in my vaping journey.
    I think flavor is 70% subjective & 30% qualitative, first you need to find the types of flavors you enjoy, then you need to find the better quality flavors/brands of that type/flavor.
    It's not a simple process & it takes time.
    Newbies almost certainly within the first 6months of vaping, will not find their ADV, that they will be happy to vape for the rest of their vaping journey.
    Going on close to a year & you are starting to know what your exact preferences are with juice, what PG/VG ratio, what flavors you absolutely won't vape, what flavors you love to vape & maybe you have 2-3 juices you're completely happy with as ADVs.

If you think back to when you started smoking, it was probably much the same, perhaps you stole your parent's B&H but ended up on winnies or on white ox. Everyone has their own preferences, some vapers share preferences & some will be able to tolerate your preference, while others will hate it & others still love it & would kill to get hold of what you are vaping.

I think for you, your real journey has just begun, you have just stepped out of your own suburb, so to speak & the next 6 months will be the months in which you discover juices that will see you out for quite some time.
    The Sodd and Coxy like this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    You can also try something like smokerainbow. They have small samples of a heap of juice so you can taste different flavours and brands. You can spend a lot of money trying to find that elusive ADV.
    SMOKERAINBOW and Coxy like this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

Thanx Crisscross, haven't seen smokerainbow..... off for a look now.
    Sage advice Noe, out of my own suburb, or dare I say it.... comfort zone.... I think that's exactly it... but absolutely looking forward to the new journey... .revisited your list, IM you soon OK?
    Do like the Gueverra Spud, but a long steeper
    Cheers all
    Last edited by Coxy; 02-01-14 at 08:25 PM.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Coxy View Post
    Thanx Crisscross, haven't seen smokerainbow..... off for a look now.
    Sage advice Noe, out of my own suburb, or dare I say it.... comfort zone.... I think that's exactly it... but absolutely looking forward to the new journey... .revisited your list, IM you soon OK?
    Do like the Gueverra Spud, but a long steeper
    Cheers all

They have threads in the vendor general
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast