Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: VV/VW Devices

AVF Regular

VV/VW Devices

Hi folks,
    I posting this in the newbies forum because I am one, and it might be helpful for others.

I have in my hot little hands 2 Innokin iTaste V3 VV/VW Batteries, which I bought because I was hoping to smooth out my vaping experience - still have issues with coughing.

Now these issues may be due to technique, except for the fact that they don't occur all the time.

I vape 50/50 PG/VG, so I'm assuming it's not the PG. My nic level is 24mg because I'm still dual using (at about 20% of what I used to smoke).

I was hoping that the ability to vary wattage/voltage may help things, thus far not so, but I have a couple of observations that perhaps those with some experience can shed some light on.

I've got 2 Kanga Evod clearomisers and 1 Kanga Mini Pro Tank 2. The Evods are a really tight draw on the V3, in fact they have to be screwed down quite hard to actually register ohms on the battery. Also, despite the fact they are supposed to be 1.8ohms, they register at anywhere between 2.0 - 2.2.

The Mini Pro Tank 2 is a much better draw - registers at 2.2 ohms, but is a much nicer vape - much less coughing - but the glass is a bit of an issue.

Any suggestions about how to make the Evods a bit more user friendly? My gut feeling is probably not, but I thought I'd try - might have to keep the Evod batts with the evod clearomisers for the golf course??

Can someone give me a quick run down on the advantages of varying voltage vs varying wattage?

TIA, cheers Deb

ETA: Sorry about the spelling error in the title *embarrassed*

AVF Regular
    evods have holes in the bottom....air intakes. i've heard of people drilling those out some to make the draw airier.

voltage isn't dependent on the ohm's of your coil. I.e. if ohm's was the pipe, and voltage the tap? electrons would be the water and the voltage is just turning the tap on or off to lessen the flow, it doesn't distinguish.

wattage selection does all the calculations for you. I.e. it doesn't matter what pipe/ohm's your using, wattage works out the flow to be equal no matter what ohm's you use.

um....i bet that was confusing so don't mind me. If i put it another way i use watts cos i like it at 11 watts no matter the coil ohm's. The chip thingy works out the voltage for me based on the ohm's of the coil, so 11 watts feels the same no matter what coil ohm i put on it.

hope that makes sense.

also...what's your problem with glass? my protank is pretty strong. doesn't bounce well on concrete...

evod's are great, i use the T3 which is sorta similar (same brand at least). These days i use a dripper exclusively. it rocks.

some people find pg to be an irritant to the throat. also 24mg is a decent amount of nic so you should be getting awesome throat hit, which may be making you cough.
    Mathy likes this.

I don't need squat for ages, i just went shopping.
    $1800.61 Spent on Vaping so far, stocked up for 2 years @ 8ml/per day.

unless you want to drill the little airholes on the evods there really isn't much you can do, it just depends on how tight the threading is which varies ever so slightly with sub par machining processes.

variable voltage/wattage will ALWAYS make things a bit easier, what with the having a visual gauge and knowing the exact amount of power going through a coil.

I vape 60/40 pg/vg and get a pretty decent throathit at 12mg, so I'd definitely suggest dropping the nic a bit as that would probably be the source of the harshness ^_^

check out this wattage/voltage/ohms chart, it's a good guide to show you how much power you need to be using. There's heaps available though if it isn't pretty enough http://vtpics.vapertrain.com/voltagechart.jpg
    Mathy likes this.

AVF Regular
    Thank you SamT for your reply,
    The issue with the glass in the Protank Mini is that I'm an avid golfer. If I have an umbrella up (attached to my golf buggy) the whole thing can get blown over, and this can happen in Summer (umbrella up due to heat) and anytime when there's rain - because where I play, we can get a lot of wind. The Evod clearomisers are pretty indestructible, they have already survived one crash - I don't tend to do up zips, so anything in pockets can get thrown out. I'm quite happy to keep those guys for use at golf.

If I reduce my nic, I have to chain vape, which isn't great when I'm at work - only have short breaks about 2 hrs apart.

So, I feel that varying wattage is probably the way to go. I just need to know what the difference in performance is between more watts vs less watts, to give me an idea of how to experiment, thank you, cheers Deb

AVF Regular
    Thanks Dan, will check the chart out, cheers Deb

I try to avoid glass at all costs, Daniel and glass are just two words that shouldn't be used in the same sentence. Unless they're followed by "shatter" "breaking" "cried for 3 days"......... >_<
    Mathy likes this.

Just have to ask, are you using authentic evods with 3 holes and authentic heads, or clone evods (which only have two holes) and/or clone heads?
    Mathy likes this.

AVF Regular
    I also use evods and I find I have to clean the air holes at least every couple days. I use the correct sized flush fit sewing needle and just poke it through. You's be surprised at the amount of gunk that gets in there.

I use 1.8 coils which according to my multimeter usually come in at 1.9-2.0ohms (that includes allowing for the meter's resistance). i run them at around 4.0-4.2 volts which should be around 8-9 watts (according to this chart)
    Last edited by Blaktop; 03-01-14 at 07:49 AM.
    Mathy likes this.

AVF Regular
    Thanks Coopz and Blaktop,

@ Coopz, they're genuine Evods.

@ Blaktop, great tip about the airholes, I'll check them and for your settings.

Thanks to you both, cheers Deb

AVF Regular
    mathy - good suggestions above

i can add the following - re the holes in the evod base - yeah they have to be clean and also you can open them up a bit by drilling - or instead of drilling use a small round file

but you may still find that its a tight draw because of the height of the ego connector on the v3

hard to explain but you have to have a look at whether the v3 connector that you screw in the evod to is a bit too high and is blocking the air hole from the inside..... does that make sense?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast