Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Anybody having chest pain?

Anybody having chest pain?

As per topic, anybody having chest pain?
    I've been vaping for a year now, but i've been noticing chest pains few months ago.
    It's sharp like a very tiny muscle spasm/prick around the centre of my chest.
    I've checked with the doctors and they don't see anything. I've done a lung test (thru blood samples) and still nothing.

It seems to happen only after i go through about 3-5ml of juice a day. My nic level is very low at 3mg only with a 80vg 20pg ratio.
    Juggernaut | GP Lux 2.5 | Brass LE JM16 | Micro B | Bliss V2 | Monster Dripper | Orion v.21
    SOLD or TRADED. Ikarus v1 & v2 | Macaveli 350 | Orion v3 | Provari Mini | Cobra Mini | Steam Turbine | Bliss V3 Ti | Nimbus V3 | Brass Chi You | Brass Nemesis | Hellfire Mini | Mini B | Arrow
    SOLD / TRADED on AUSSIEVAPERS : Wizzard Apprentice 18350 | JM16 | Bagua | G-Bell Mini & Standard | Origins

AVF Regular
    Yes but not from vaping.
    I'm not a doctor so I can't give medical advice.
    Cut down of you think vaping could be causing it.
    See if it stops.

Some sort of reaction to pg or vg? try varying your ratios and and see how that goes.

AVF Regular
    Lower your VG .. go 50/50
    Noe and steve.c like this.
    http://forums.aussievapers.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2478&dateline=1380789817

AVF Regular
    I don't know what's happened with your weight since you started vaping, but for me, yes I get them, but I know they're skeleto-muscular in nature.
    I attibute it to my weight gain and lack of activity (circumstances have changed and I've been much less motivated to exercise purposely as opposed to day-to-day activity). I also notice cramp in my upper core for the same reason I suspect.
    Damn, I really have to do something about that LOL

Anyway, if you've sought medical advice/investigation, and have been cleared of any threat to life, that's good. But I do sympathise with the annoyance and pain
    Sixth Vape Year and Four Years Sans Durry.

Retired Account
    Keep a diary of when you get it, and what you were doing/eating/vaping in the hour beforehand? Try to see if there's a pattern at all?
    Indigestion, which can present as terribly painful chest pain, was the cause of my chest pain.
    As much as I hate taking medications, without the stuff I take, it takes 24 hours for the pain to return... but now there's nausea and upset tummy as well.
    GirlyPantz likes this.

I once got some chest pain from I think it was a raspberry juice I was trying...As soon as I stopped using that juice it went away...I am alergic to a hell of a lot of things ! Mind you I have recently discovered a raspberry juice that I can vape with no ill affects...I think it is an alergic reaction you are having...
    I VAPE = I LIVE

Started Vaping at 16:00 hrs on 11th April 2013...
    Saved poop loads of $ not buying stinkies since then.
    Spending poop loads of $ on shinies and juice etc since then
    But now I am happy...

THanks for the info guys!
    At first i thought it could be the PG/VG Ratio, as i first started with 30vg 70pg, and i was having issues with that, so i switched the other way and did 70vg 30pg, which i felt much better.
    But now I'm getting some chest pain from chain vaping. I forgot to bring my mod to work yesterday, so i was out of any contact for the whole day. No chest pain the whole day.
    **the pain feels like its a tight cramp in the chest muscle and lasts a few seconds**
    So i'm quite sure its vaping related, however I'm not seeing any red lights from the doctors or scans. Im hoping its just an allergic reaction like what Olefella mentioned. Maybe gotta find the right juice? I'm vaping Pina Colada flavour now..
    Last edited by jorj; 04-01-14 at 06:37 PM.
    Juggernaut | GP Lux 2.5 | Brass LE JM16 | Micro B | Bliss V2 | Monster Dripper | Orion v.21
    SOLD or TRADED. Ikarus v1 & v2 | Macaveli 350 | Orion v3 | Provari Mini | Cobra Mini | Steam Turbine | Bliss V3 Ti | Nimbus V3 | Brass Chi You | Brass Nemesis | Hellfire Mini | Mini B | Arrow
    SOLD / TRADED on AUSSIEVAPERS : Wizzard Apprentice 18350 | JM16 | Bagua | G-Bell Mini & Standard | Origins

AVF Regular
    I used to get chest pains with high pg so witched to high vg. Anything over 50\50pg gives me pain. Only after a tank or so
    jorj likes this.

AVF Regular
    that's really interesting. I'm not suffering from anything like the above. I got some indigestion from one of my juices till mrs. gruffy advised me to dilute it down, which i did, then i let it steep, after a few months it was delicious.

A thought that occurred to me was, are you exercising? i remember overdoing it with some push ups when i was younger and freaking out, running to the doctor who asked me questions and ascertained that i wasn't gonna die it was just muscle pain from the push ups...

anyway i like the diary idea. i'd suggest keeping a couple of juices in rotation and testing whether it's a reaction to one of them. Possibly move to 100% vg or 90% vg + 10% distilled water or pure grain alcohol (water and alcohol only to keep it thin and save your coils some) Maybe make up a couple of 10ml batches and test them out for a few days to see if the pain goes away...then stick to that sort of recipe (vg, alcohol, distilled water, various flavours). Perhaps something in the pina colada is bugging you? perhaps its the pg?

best of luck.

I don't need squat for ages, i just went shopping.
    $1800.61 Spent on Vaping so far, stocked up for 2 years @ 8ml/per day.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast