Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree154Likes

Thread: What's with all the free stuff?

AVF Regular

Cool What's with all the free stuff?

Righto - So I've started looking into this forum and found a lot of senior members giving away kit to newbies (IE me)

What is the reason for this? It doesn't seem to be a once off - in fact it seems to be a common trend. Where did this spirit come from? What is the driving force? I doesn't look like people are getting rid of there broken stuff ... but to truely to help out people starting out. Don't get me wrong, I think this is pretty magical, I am just curious as to how this all came about?
    GirlyPantz, essiemessy and spud like this.

AVF Regular
    I think as most vapers start looking at bigger and better vaping gear, they tend to help newbies out by giving away the old stuff they don't use anymore...pay it forward.

This not only helps newbies but also gets them off the ciggies, then most turn around and give their stuff away, the circle of vaping I suppose...
    GirlyPantz, CMB, lozza 82 and 12 others like this.

AVF Regular
    ^^^ This...
    mrs308hjute and spud like this.

AVF Regular
    I gave away something after I saw someone else give something away and thought, that's a good idea.
    A lot of equipment people outgrow in vaping or change there desired vaping hardware.

It has really kicked off now and it's so great to see. Adds some excitement to the forum
    GirlyPantz, CMB, lozza 82 and 7 others like this.
    supporter of genuine mods and attys

Banned (Never to return)
    it came about for me when as a NoOb , i ran outta juice whilst on a work trip to Sydney

I found this forum , asked if anyone could help me out and had 3 replies in 5 minutes and ended up meeting a senior member who was less than 5 minutes away from my hotel .

That day , i knew that i had found the biggest bunch of online utopian living weirdos ever!!

Some people have tried to come into this community with profit and take take take in mind , but thats not what its about

for me giving away a few hundred bucks of gear is nothing when AVF member gave me back years of my life and up to now $6000 saved on smokes ( minus the shinys )

well , thats my take on it

plus im fabulously rich and live in a big gold plated castle on the river
    GirlyPantz, giruvian, CMB and 14 others like this.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by mrs308hjute View Post
    I think as most vapers start looking at bigger and better vaping gear, they tend to help newbies out by giving away the old stuff they don't use anymore...pay it forward.

This not only helps newbies but also gets them off the ciggies, then most turn around and give their stuff away, the circle of vaping I suppose...
    What Mrs said ^^^^ plus a lot of the more senior members , ( and some of the newer ones too) simply like the COMMUNITY that this place encourages ... helping one another becomes second nature ... total random acts of kindness are our way of paying back the good karma we have all experienced in the past and still do to this day .
    A lot of this world is seeing what you can get out of it ... At AVF , we like to counter that a little I guess?
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    I got a little freaked by an offer of an ego charger in my first thread, the idea that a perfect stranger would give me a perfectly good [probably sub $5] item seemed sus. After a while you see it's swings and roundabouts, I hope to pay someone "back" someday for the generosity that has helped get me started.
    "Vapers- The evangelical vegans of the smoking community"
    Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    1 vote for DogMan because squonkers, dogs, chooks and brevity

AVF Regular
    The couple of times I've given things away, or offered, has made me feel good. And it's helping others out.

It's also infectious and helps to foster that community spirit.
    Pipes, tubes, boxes, atomisers.

ECHO ALPHA DELTA CHARLIE

AVF Regular
    The nicest thing about this is that there is nothing asked in return, except that items get used til they get used no more, or passed on to anyone else who might need them.

Most of us have had some pretty good turns done us, and it's just nice to pay it forward should an opportunity arise
    GirlyPantz, Olfella, spud and 3 others like this.
    Sixth Vape Year and Four Years Sans Durry.

Banned (Never to return)
    Im also fabulously goodlooking , some have said God like

and i have a certain part of me that looks like a babys arm holding an apple

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast