Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: e-cigs from dealextreme?

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

e-cigs from dealextreme?

Hi I have not vaped before. I bought a Christmas ce4 & some oil, it is 30ml mint. I bought it for $15.

Tobacco Tar Oil for Electronic Cigarette - Mint Flavor (30ml) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme
    ZYS Christmas Style 1300mAh Tobacco Stem + CE4 Atomizer E-cigarette - Transparent + Yellow - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

Will these products work well and how long do products take to deliver from dx.com that is if anyone has ordered from them.

Where else should I get supplies? Any recommendations?

I am a newbie, my newyears resolution is to quit smoking.

Nice to be here as well.

AVF Regular
    Welcome to AVF Jroly!

Congratulations on making your first step.

Tobacco Tar Oil ? jeez - never heard it called that before. HIGH content will be 24mg nicotine. Any throat hit will be tempered by the mint. Should be ok, but it will not be something to rave about I think.

30ml will last you about 10-15 days or so (on average use)

As it looks - you have ordered only 1 unit - which will be 1 battery and a clearomiser. the clearomiser will not be rapairable. It's OK, it can be cleaned, but you are going to want to get some more gear soon.

example - you are not going to be able to vape while the battery is on charge. It will need a charge every night.

A backup is a good idea. Usually minimum of 2 batteries, chargers and atomisers (clearomiser)

Have a look at these sticky threads in the new vapers section:
    Noe's Newbie guide to nicotine juice consumption & strength.
    Noes List !

There are many approved vendors that take an active part in this forum. Have a look in the Vendors thread.

There are local ones, and OS ones. You will need to use the OS ones for any purchases of Nicotine/premade juices

Your call if you want to use local or OS vendors for the batteries/atomisers/ other shiny stuff
    spud, Mathy and jroly like this.

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

Super Moderator
    G'Day Jroly , welcome to AVF ... Deal extreme is a bit slow sometimes 2-6 weeks depending on how the mail system goes .
    DX doesnt really have great quality ecigs IMO , but if it gets you on the road to giving up the fags , its a good thing
    You might want to look at the stickies at the start of the New Vapers forum ... there is one there "Noes List " which deals with just about everything a new vaper could want , all from Healthcabin ... another chinese supplier, but you can pay there to have it express shipped and it will get to you far quicker usually ... it is also better quality stuff , and they do offer some after sales service .
    Another option is to check out the local vendors for equipment and just import your liquid from overseas with nicotine in it ... unfortunately it is not legal for our local vendors to sell Nic e-liquid
    Noes List !
    spud, Mathy and jroly like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

Super Moderator
    Altered beat me again ....^^^ what he said Jroly lol
    spud, Altered1 and jroly like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    Snap! Oh rotund one !
    Fatman and spud like this.

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

The products you bought are fine as a starter kit, but you will need at least 2 batteries if you want to successfully switch to vaping. You are also going to be waiting up to 6 weeks for these products to arrive and the quality can be a bit hit and miss.

A better idea for a newbie, is to buy a starter kit locally, there are lots of vendors on this forum that offer good deals and quick delivery.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    WOW, thank's for all the helpful replies. I might order a kit locally then so I can start vaping sooner. I don't want to wait 6 weeks. I will check the links for suppliers.

Yes I am 1 & 1/2 pack a day smoker costing over $30 a day and i am sick of being ripped off. Also developing a bad cough. I am in the Syd area.
    Altered1 likes this.

chinamod have some starter kits which are cheap as chips. I have bought from them a couple of times and the service is very good.
    Fatman and jroly like this.

Hey jroly. If you are in the Sydney area the absolute best thing you can do is head to the Steam Ecig shop in Alexandria. Steam-e-cigs | Home page. Then you won't have to wait for postage of any sort except for your Nic to come from overseas of course. Nat and Max will give you some great advice on getting started.

AVF Regular
    Howdy,

I'm very new, been vaping a week (no smokes, no urge or feeling to smoke). Clearly you are doing your research which is great.

Step 1) Import a sample pack that has nic. Plenty of advice on where to go and what to get
    2) When the juice arrives grab a vaporiser - I am using a Ego clone (Pen style vape) - it's perfect for me - if i'd gone e-cig i would have failed, if I had bought a big shinny i'd have failed.

After my first puff I put my full pack of smokes in a kitchen draw ... i assume they are still there.. haven't checked since.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast