Results 1 to 7 of 7
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By studiovape
  • 1 Post By Noe

Thread: Safety check on new mech mod setup

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Perth, S.O.R
    Posts
    39

    Safety check on new mech mod setup

    Hi All
    Just wanting to check whether or not the technical side of my setup is within decent safety parameters...

    I'm running a Nemesis (no kick) with an AGA T2. Battery is a Efest 18350 - 800 mah (I also have an Efest 18650 - 1100 mah).
    The coil is 28g kanthal 5 wrap and I got an ohm resistance of 1.2 on a multimeter.
    Coil lights up evenly.

  2. #2
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Melb
    Posts
    5,139
    seems good to me

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Perth, S.O.R
    Posts
    39
    So I tried the same setup(same juice too) but with the 18650 1100mah batt. Now the juice taste is different - harsher more chemically. Why would that be?

  4. #4
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Gympie Queensland
    Posts
    2,404
    EFEST 18350 800mah 6.4Amps (8C)
    According to Alibaba the Efest 18500 V2 is good for 11 amps.




    Voltage: 4.2 Volts Battery Capacity 800 mAhs

    Resistance: 1.2 Ohms Seconds per draw (puff) 3 seconds

    Current: 3.5 Amps Batt Use Life: 0.17 hrs

    Wattage: 14.7 Watts #Draws/Batt Life: 204

    This will help with future calculations PV Web Apps

    SV
    D3AB and vaperat like this.
    Vaping since July 2012.

  5. #5
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Gympie Queensland
    Posts
    2,404
    Quote Originally Posted by vaperat View Post
    So I tried the same setup(same juice too) but with the 18650 1100mah batt. Now the juice taste is different - harsher more chemically. Why would that be?
    Efest don't make a 18650 1100 Mah, so you must mean the 18500,
    the harsher/stronger hit will be caused by the 18500's ability to maintain a higher voltage/power output under load than the lower capacity 18350.
    this higher out put could be burning your juice more than the lower power from the 18350 or compromising you wick/coil setup, which we can't really comment on as you hav'nt given any info on that.
    SV
    Last edited by studiovape; 13-01-14 at 01:25 AM.
    Vaping since July 2012.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Perth, S.O.R
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by studiovape View Post
    Efest don't make a 18650 1100 Mah, so you must mean the 18500,
    the harsher/stronger hit will be caused by the 18500's ability to maintain a higher voltage/power output under load than the lower capacity 18350.
    this higher out put could be burning your juice more than the lower power from the 18350 or compromising you wick/coil setup, which we can't really comment on as you hav'nt given any info on that.
    SV

    Yes studiovape you are correct. It IS an Efest 18500 I am using.
    As for the coil and wick setup - rolled and full length oxidized 400 ss mesh with 5 wraps of 28g kanthal.

  7. #7
    Noe
    Noe is offline
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Posts
    13,140
    Quote Originally Posted by vaperat View Post
    Yes studiovape you are correct. It IS an Efest 18500 I am using.
    As for the coil and wick setup - rolled and full length oxidized 400 ss mesh with 5 wraps of 28g kanthal.
    Sounds to me like you may have bumped the wick & coil slightly out of place, causing a hotspot or short.
    Get s syringe with a long blunt needle & suck the juice out of the tank, then test for shorts/hotspots.
    The other thing it could possibly be is the alignment of the airhole on the top cap but if you have that lined up properly, then it is most likely a short or hotspot.
    vaperat likes this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

    Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

    The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

    Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

    I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.4
Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
All times are GMT +11. The time now is 12:38 AM.