Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Looking to move to carto tanks

Wink Looking to move to carto tanks

Hi all, I'm getting frustrated with the pro tanks that came with my provari and am too cack handed and impatient to try RBAs. Soon I guess that leaves cartons and tanks any suggestions on where to start and quality stuffs would be really appreciated. Thanks in advance Monk

AVF Regular
    I would always suggest getting a Boge f16 to start. Grab a couple of different types of cartomisers, predrilled, slotted boges and some SR and LR. Then you can play around with all the different options and see which cartomizer suits you, then if you like move in to the various other tanks.

The f16's are readily available. Use a fatter drip tip to hold the tank on.

I also like the smoketech pyrex tank but don't like the inconsistencies of their cartos
    Last edited by Crisscross; 13-01-14 at 12:01 PM.
    spud, maggie, Rossco and 1 others like this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    Boge f16 carto tank. It's a cheap introduction and a decent tank.

A lot of people dont like the actual f16 carto (not tank) but personally i think they rock. The have less filler material in them which seems to give them a cleaner flavour. The pre punched holes are quite small, but work fine with a high pg ratio (75/25).

VKS Slotted cartos are another good option, bigger slots allow thicker juices to wick well. I could taste the filler material in my vape, which is why i stuck with the f16 carto but still a good vape.
    Rossco and Monk EyBoy like this.

$3642 Spent on Vaping

Quote Originally Posted by Sign me up View Post
    Boge f16 carto tank. It's a cheap introduction and a decent tank.

A lot of people dont like the actual f16 carto (not tank) but personally i think they rock. The have less filler material in them which seems to give them a cleaner flavour. The pre punched holes are quite small, but work fine with a high pg ratio (75/25).

VKS Slotted cartos are another good option, bigger slots allow thicker juices to wick well. I could taste the filler material in my vape, which is why i stuck with the f16 carto but still a good vape.
    I use the VKS Slotted cartos as I vape high vg juice, and haven't noticed any difference in taste. I thought that the filler was pretty inert. I've only just started using cartos so don't have a lot of experience but I also like the boge cartos for thinner juice, and they are better on really hot days, (like yesterday 40C here again), the slotted cartos tend to wick too much on hot days and flood.

Ive also added an extra O ring to my DCT tank, which stopped the little bit of leakage I was getting yesterday, I think it was due to the hot weather, as today is cooler and there has been no leaking at all.
    Rossco and Monk EyBoy like this.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

AVF Regular
    i've got f17, smoktech dct and cheap fasttech tanks and use vks slotted cartos in them. i've found no real difference in the vape with the different tanks. it's the carto that's important, i think. the tank just holds the juice to feed to the carto thru the slots/holes. whatever tank you get will come with a carto in it, so that'll give you a chance to try that particular carto. but for ease of priming and good performance with the high vg juice i use, i find the vks slotted cartos work really well.

the most important thing with them is to prime the carto properly before you start using it. you have to get the filler material completely saturated with juice, otherwise you'll scorch it and it'll never be any good. there are a couple of different methods of doing this. i started off using the condom method, but now use the sucking method. it's much quicker and way less messy. youtube is your friend
    maggie likes this.

Hi all, thanks for the advise! I may have overdone it a bit but apparently vape king is my friend. God help my wallet if I ever work out how to do RBAs and shinytis takes hold.
    AGR+ Pyrex Cartomizer Tank UDE0015$19.95 AUD x2
    Boge 510 XL Pre-Punched Cartomizers - 5 Pack BOG0007 $6.99 AUD x3
    Boge F16 Carto Tank Kit - 1.6 Ohm $4.95 AUD x2
    VKS Slotted Cartomizer - XL - 5 Pack $5.99 AUD x3

I will have a look on YouTube for priming tips wouldn't wanna get the condom and sucking method confused, it would be hell to get that taste out of my mouth

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AVF Regular
    I wrote this for someone else but may help you

Place carto in tank - twist in rather than force and leave in little white thingie (if it has one) that way you won't cut the inside lower o-ring.
    Remove the little white thing (if it has it) and start filling slowly making sure you don't fill the centre hole. I tilt the carto drip and turn, you will see it soak up! Until it is leaking out the bottom. Over fill carto - must be saturated. Some people just leave a carto in a bottle of juice but I think that's messy and a waste of juice. Be patient and do it slowly.
    When you think it is full put the drip tip on and cover the bottom holes with a tissue. Blow and suck through the drip tip. This does a couple of things. It clears the centre hole and removes any air pockets that may have been created when filling. Top up with a little more Eliquid.
    Fill your tank.
    I use a filling tool/tip but a needle nose bottle will work as well. The top of the carto is sharp and will cut orings if you are too rough.
    Whenever you fill you need to remove drip tip and pull the carto down using the battery. I think its important to hold the whole tank in one hand and with the other twist battery/carto slightly to break vacuum seal and pull down gently. (Some tanks just come completely apart and dump juice. Only takes once or twice if you forget before you learn to hold it all together and break the vacuum seal on the orings).
    Now fill as much as you can with the setup you have without getting the juice in the carto.
    Again holding the entire tank in one hand and the battery carto in the other gently push the carto through the top of the tank. I tend to twist the carto slightly and that seems to be kinder on the orings.
    Lastly remove from battery and suck a blow a couple of times. Remove any excess from battery connection.

Start off slowly dial down the battery a few notches and vape gently. It will be a wet gurgully vape. Slow turn up the voltage until you are at the right level for your eliquid. Take it easy for the first hour or so. The carto will work better after a rest. If you rush it, it will burn and there is no going back. Toss and start again.
    Last edited by Crisscross; 13-01-14 at 04:07 PM.
    Roxxiiangel, maggie and Monk EyBoy like this.

AVF Regular
    sounds like a good start, monkey. lol ... you'll be fine so long as you don't swallow.
    Crisscross and 308hjute like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Crisscross View Post
    I would always suggest getting a Boge f16 to start. Grab a couple of different types of cartomisers, predrilled, slotted boges and some SR and LR. Then you can play around with all the different options and see which cartomizer suits you, then if you like move in to the various other tanks.

The f16's are readily available. Use a fatter drip tip to hold the tank on.

I also like the smoketech pyrex tank but don't like the inconsistencies of their cartos
    Thanks Crisscross what sort of drip tip would u suggest?

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Monk EyBoy View Post
    Thanks Crisscross what sort of drip tip would u suggest?

I love the cherryvape mings but any tip that has a wider side than the carto tube. If if you use the straight up and down ones the tank can slip over them. Also want to make sure they are a snug fit.
    Monk EyBoy likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast