Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Some Liquids Giving Headaches/Nausea etc... Am i alone?

AVF Regular

Some Liquids Giving Headaches/Nausea etc... Am i alone?

Ok, so it seems there are some liquids that do not agree with me...

My original juice, was a 24mg Red Bull.... After 2 days vaping i was getting headaches, nausea, dizziness etc. I attributed this to the nic level, being new to vaping and not knowing any better.

I then sourced some other juice, and had it made to 8mg, and ive been vaping fine all week.

I tried this new stuff that arrived today (11mg), which i then diluted with 0mg flavour to make roughly 5-6mg. After two puffs, the headaches, nausea and dizziness is back. They subside after an hour or so, but all it takes is a puff or two and bang theyre back.

Does this ring any bells to anyone? Have they got their nic lvl screwed up, or is there something that's in these liquids that does not agree with me?

AVF Regular
    it could be that you have a sensitivity to vg or pg, but what you're describing sounds like too much nic to me. it wouldn't be the first time juice has been mis-labelled. i'd suggest getting some straight vg and pg, and just try vaping some of that and see what happens. a quick and easy way to see if either of those is the culprit.
    Noe, GirlyPantz, margyb and 2 others like this.

Sorry that you're having a bad experience Nasha, maybe vaping just isn't the answer for some people, smoking never caused me any health concerns ( other than unknown long term effects which may or may not affect me) but if I were eating or drinking something which was obviously making me feel sick then I'd change my diet.. I hope that a process of elimination will solve the problem for you .. good luck with it anyway ..

Quote Originally Posted by kay67kay View Post
    it could be that you have a sensitivity to vg or pg, but what you're describing sounds like too much nic to me. it wouldn't be the first time juice has been mis-labelled. i'd suggest getting some straight vg and pg, and just try vaping some of that and see what happens. a quick and easy way to see if either of those is the culprit.
    ^^^^^What Kay said, and also pg can really dry you out, headaches, nausea and dizzyness can also be symptoms of dehydration. Its a good idea to make sure you are drinking lots of water when you first start vaping, particularly in the hot weather
    Noe, margyb, Fatman and 1 others like this.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

AVF Regular
    Another reminder that supersport600 sells a nic testing kit. This kit accurately tests the mg of any of your liquids.
    We should all understand what mg of nicotine we are vaping.
    Noe, GirlyPantz, margyb and 6 others like this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

Are you sure that its vaping related and not another health issue? Only reason I say this is because vaping is the first thing we blame as it's new. Id stop all together if you can and see if it subsides or see your doc if the headaches and nausea don't stop. Failing that keep up your fluids and follow everyone elses advice. Goodluck and hope you sort it out!
    GirlyPantz and maggie like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Crisscross View Post
    Another reminder that supersport600 sells a nic testing kit. This kit accurately tests the mg of any of your liquids.
    We should all understand what mg of nicotine we are vaping.
    Where do i find this? I wouldn't mind knowing... In fact, i want to know....

I have some pure PG here, so i'll try that tonight. It's not vaping in general, because i can switch back to my other stuff and have no problems at all.

It definitely does sound nic related, as they are all the symptoms of a "nic overdose" per se, so im hoping theyve just screwed their nic levels up!

AVF Regular
    overdosing on nic, will give you headaches, nausea, racing heart......

the test kit is on SS600's ebay supersports600 items - Get great deals on non-protected, Chargers Lithium Ion items on eBay Stores!
    Noe, GirlyPantz, margyb and 1 others like this.

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

AVF Regular
    Here you go

supersports600 items - Get great deals on Nicotine Test Titration kit REFILLS Orange Solution Titrant items on eBay Stores!

Snap lol

The other thing is that withdrawal symptoms are very similar to OD symptoms. A bit of trial and error will work it out. And remember don't stress or force it. You have a lot of time to get this right.
    GirlyPantz, margyb, maggie and 2 others like this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Crisscross View Post
    Here you go

supersports600 items - Get great deals on Nicotine Test Titration kit REFILLS Orange Solution Titrant items on eBay Stores!

Snap lol

The other thing is that withdrawal symptoms are very similar to OD symptoms. A bit of trial and error will work it out. And remember don't stress or force it. You have a lot of time to get this right.
    Order placed!

Yes, that was what was crossing my mind in the first few days... Went to the doc, and he said give up the vaping and see what happens. The next day i got some new juice, and all was well again

Definitely want to check out this evil science kit for measuring nic levels

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast