Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By jman
  • 1 Post By Noe

Thread: Newbie to DYI ejuice - got a few questions!!!

Newbie to DYI ejuice - got a few questions!!!

Hi there
    I am hoping you can help me as I am new to vaping and in particular DIY e juice.

I have seen You tube clips and understand the concept of DYI but I still have a few questions for which I am hoping you can help me out with before I make my first batch of e juice (how exciting!!)

1.Where is the ideal place to store your concentrates and VG/PG solutions?

2. VG/PG - Is there any issues pre-mixing desired ratios (ie 70/30%?)in bulk?

3. Do you have to use different syringes for each component of the blend? OR can you use one syringe to measure out the VG and PG and then another for the flavouring?

4. Do you re-cycle your syringes? If so what do you use to wash them with?

5. Does DIY e juice go off/ rancid? If so, how many days/weeks or months before this happens? Where do you store them to minimise this?

6. Any good Android app for an ejuice calculator?

7. My planned e juice breakdown/ ratio is 10%concentrate/ 70%PG/ 30%VG with no nic. From a 10ml bottle, I am planning to add 1ml concentrate/ 6.5ml PG / 2.5ml VG. Can someone please confirm that this is correct based on my ratio? Note: I am using the Kanger EVOD kit

Thanks in advance for your advice

1.Where is the ideal place to store your concentrates and VG/PG solutions? I keep mine in a dark, cool cupboard or the fridge on hot days.

2. VG/PG - Is there any issues pre-mixing desired ratios (ie 70/30%?)in bulk? Not really, make sure you take into account the PG in the concentrates and PG in the nicotine. I have a small batch of 50/50 I use when mixing but mostly just add as required per recipe.

3. Do you have to use different syringes for each component of the blend? OR can you use one syringe to measure out the VG and PG and then another for the flavouring? I am lazy and use the same one, just have a cup of warm water and wash it out after each ingredient.

4. Do you re-cycle your syringes? If so what do you use to wash them with? Yes, warm water, some use vinegar or vodka. Make sure you cover the markings with sticky tape or clear nail varnish or the numbers will wash off.

5. Does DIY e juice go off/ rancid? If so, how many days/weeks or months before this happens? Where do you store them to minimise this? Yes they do but takes a while.

6. Any good Android app for an ejuice calculator? I would say so, there is 3 or 4 iPhone ones.

7. My planned e juice breakdown/ ratio is 10%concentrate/ 70%PG/ 30%VG with no nic. From a 10ml bottle, I am planning to add 1ml concentrate/ 6.5ml PG / 2.5ml VG. Can someone please confirm that this is correct based on my ratio? Note: I am using the Kanger EVOD kit Download ejuice me up, it will calculate all the correct mls for you. That should be fine though as I said above take into account your PG in concentrates and Nic.
    margyb and smoker like this.
    There's 10 types of people in this world that understand binary: those who do and those who don't.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakipup View Post
    Hi there
    I am hoping you can help me as I am new to vaping and in particular DIY e juice.

7. My planned e juice breakdown/ ratio is 10%concentrate/ 70%PG/ 30%VG with no nic. From a 10ml bottle, I am planning to add 1ml concentrate/ 6.5ml PG / 2.5ml VG. Can someone please confirm that this is correct based on my ratio? Note: I am using the Kanger EVOD kit

Thanks in advance for your advice
    No.
    Add 3ml VG, 1ml concentrate(counts as PG in the ratio) & 6ml PG.
    smoker likes this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Thank you both for your reply