Like Tree7Likes
  • 3 Post By kay67kay
  • 1 Post By Blaktop
  • 3 Post By second_chance

Thread: How do i know

How do i know

Hi all How do i know when the coil is giving up the ghost . i have a tank with a bottom coil running at 1.8 ohms on a Sid . i run at 6 to to 7 watts . the coil is at least 2 weeks old . today i noticed a slight burnt after taste but it ewnt away later today . all seems fine ATM . but what are the signs to watch out for regards terry

AVF Regular
    nasty taste, tighter draw, drop in vapour. really any drop in performance. there's no hard and fast rules. depending on the juice you use, a coil can last a few days or a few weeks.
    Fatman, Rossco and dnar like this.

AVF Regular
    What Kay said... you will get longer life by cleaning your coils occasionally

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

AVF Regular
    It does vary depending on the juice. My wife uses 50/50 no nic Vanilla Custard, and although she only vapes in the evening her (evod) coils last a couple of months. Mine last 2-3 weeks. If you dry burn them 1-2 times a week they'll go for longer (and keep the air holes clean.....dirty air holes can really stuff the vape up). At $1 each it's no big deal. I always have some factory spares plus rebuilds floating around.
    dnar likes this.

My biggest give away is that my throat seems to cope it more when a coil/wick goes bad. Not so much that I got any weird or strange tastes but felt harsher in the back of my throat.

Took me ages to figure it out that it was just a gunked up coil, I used to rotate 1 or 2 coils a week and do a big clean up dry burn every other weekend (the juice you vape has a big impact on this, for me darker juices gunk up coils quicker).

AVF Regular
    I vape flavourless most the time so my coils dont gunk up easily. Depends on the juice I think.

One sure sign, if you have a clear tank, is that you will notice our juice going dark as the gunk bleeds back into your tank. If this happens it is time to clean/ replace your wick and or coil.
    Noe, sushiaddiction and dnar like this.

Beware! You are talking to an elitist panty hamster.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by second_chance View Post
    One sure sign, if you have a clear tank, is that you will notice our juice going dark as the gunk bleeds back into your tank. If this happens it is time to clean/ replace your wick and or coil.
    Hmm, mostly correct but juice will darken as you get to the bottom of the tank anyway, even with a new coil. The thing to look out for is excessive darkening.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!