Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: Vaping part time, please help me go full time!

Vaping part time, please help me go full time!

Hi So, I introduced myself in the newbie section, and it was suggested if I have loads of questions to start my own thread. I do have a lot of questions

Alright. My partner and I are using the v2 system at the moment. We usually smoke 12mg cigs, so we bought cartridges for the v2 in 12mg as well. I've been reading around this site and worked out that perhaps we'd be better off starting out on 18mg, and we're both happy to do that when we can afford to.

My partner LOVES the v2 system, and is happy to stick with it. He'd just like the longer battery next order and the stronger nicotine.

I like the v2, but I do find it a bit dry at times, and sometimes makes my throat a bit numb, probably because I'm using it too much, maybe? Also, I'm wondering if constantly switching from fags to vaping is not helping either. The other issue I have is that sometimes I can't taste the flavours in vaping as much as I'd like to. Do you think that could be because I'm still smoking, and therefore my sense of taste is still dull?

I'm going to try setting myself up with an ego blister pack soon, get some e-liquid and flavours from Juice Whore. As money permits, I'll get a second ego set up so I can have one charging, one in use.

I'd love to hear thoughts on how we can troubleshoot these issues. Obviously, we must like vaping or we would've given up on it by now, but also there's plenty we could be doing better in our vaping, to make us really want to stick with it and leave the fags behind for good! We're trying not to be too hard on ourselves, and let this be a bit of an adjustment period too.

I wanted to ask some budgetting questions, because we're pensioners who get paid fortnightly:

how much e-liquid do you use per day in terms of nicotine liquid and flavours to mix with it? Or weekly, if that makes it easier to answer. I need to know how much I should be ordering. At the moment, it's really only me planning to move onto the eliquid and ego, my partner is happy with v2, but of course, will try the new set up I get.

I wanted to ask, the longer you quit smoking, do you taste the vaping flavours more strongly after a while? Also, I was looking at Juice Whore's site, and was wondering how I decide whether I want to order the standard flavour liquid, the doubler, or tripler? Also, does anyone have any advice/experience/preferences on the whole PG/VG thing?

Sorry, that's a lot of questions, but I'm really trying to compile a thorough shopping list for vaping before next pay day
    lheamfrg likes this.

AVF Regular
    The V2 is a piece of crap in real terms, If your smoking 12mg cigs doesnt mean 12mg nic is the way to go. I use to smoke 8mg cigs and needed 24mg when i first started vaping.
    Thats all I can be bothered answering at the moment, sorry.
    Fawks likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by arth_d View Post
    The V2 is a piece of crap in real terms, If your smoking 12mg cigs doesnt mean 12mg nic is the way to go. I use to smoke 8mg cigs and needed 24mg when i first started vaping.
    Thats all I can be bothered answering at the moment, sorry.
    Cool, that's an excellent start, thank you. I'm reading this thread to my partner as I write and read your reply, and it's helping him to get it, too.

If you're on a budget, then it definitely pays to plan ahead, so its great that you're asking lots of questions MsV. Rather than buy the ego blister pack, you'd be better off getting a proper starter kit, might be more cost to begin with, but will save you money and frustration in the long run.

You will need to buy your unflavoured nicotine base from overseas, so I would recommend getting it from health cabin, (check the international vendor forums on this site), you can buy 115mls of 36mg nicotine base, for around $12 AUD. e-Liquid for Electronic Cigarette

I would recommend either buying a starter kit here in Aus, or buying one from health cabin when you put your order in for nic base. These ego twists are great, as you can adjust the voltage, and the are 1300mAh which means that they will last you all day on one charge. eGo-C Twist 1300mAh Manual Battery [03-E-15] - $18.99 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail

I would also recommend getting some evod bcc (bottom coil clearomisers), grab a couple of these and a pack of replaceable coil heads, these are very easy for newbies to use, (I still use them a lot), easy to fill, and unlike the CE4s that usually come with starter kits, you can replace the coil when they wear out, without having to replace the whole clearo. Much better when you are on a budget. You can also clean and dry burn the coils so they can last a very long time before replacing. Evods are a very reliable clearomiser and give excellent results. Most local vendors sell them as well, so they are readily available.

EVOD Kit & Parts : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail

Next you will need to think about what juice flavours you may want to try, most Aussie vendors have sample packs, and this will give you a number of flavours to try to find out what types of flavours you like. As nicotine juices can't be legally sold in Australia, you either need to order the pre-mixed juice from OS, or buy doublers in Australia, and add your own unflavoured nicotine base.

How much e juice you go through per day, will depend on how much you vape, average seems to be about 30mls per week. Doublers are a cheap way to go for e juice, and when you have mastered mixing doublers, (which is very easy), then you could look at DIY and make your own juice from concentrates, pg/vg, and unflavoured nic juice, this makes vaping very cheap, but something probably best attempted after you've tried doublers.

Everything tastes and smells better when you stop smoking the stinkies, so your tastes will change which is why it is good to buy small amounts of a lot of flavours to begin with, rather than large amounts of one or two flavours.

Most Aussie vendors sell pg and vg, and its pretty cheap to buy, so you can add what ever suits your tastes.

Good luck, and all the best on your journey off the stinkies and into vaping, and welcome to the forum
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

Hello Ms V
    Did you check Noes List ! -
    Noes List !.
    Noe, essiemessy, spud and 2 others like this.
    My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.
    Mitch Hedberg

Quote Originally Posted by spud View Post
    If you're on a budget, then it definitely pays to plan ahead, so its great that you're asking lots of questions MsV. Rather than buy the ego blister pack, you'd be better off getting a proper starter kit, might be more cost to begin with, but will save you money and frustration in the long run.

You will need to buy your unflavoured nicotine base from overseas, so I would recommend getting it from health cabin, (check the international vendor forums on this site), you can buy 115mls of 36mg nicotine base, for around $12 AUD. e-Liquid for Electronic Cigarette

I would recommend either buying a starter kit here in Aus, or buying one from health cabin when you put your order in for nic base. These ego twists are great, as you can adjust the voltage, and the are 1300mAh which means that they will last you all day on one charge. eGo-C Twist 1300mAh Manual Battery [03-E-15] - $18.99 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail

I would also recommend getting some evod bcc (bottom coil clearomisers), grab a couple of these and a pack of replaceable coil heads, these are very easy for newbies to use, (I still use them a lot), easy to fill, and unlike the CE4s that usually come with starter kits, you can replace the coil when they wear out, without having to replace the whole clearo. Much better when you are on a budget. You can also clean and dry burn the coils so they can last a very long time before replacing. Evods are a very reliable clearomiser and give excellent results. Most local vendors sell them as well, so they are readily available.

EVOD Kit & Parts : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail

Next you will need to think about what juice flavours you may want to try, most Aussie vendors have sample packs, and this will give you a number of flavours to try to find out what types of flavours you like. As nicotine juices can't be legally sold in Australia, you either need to order the pre-mixed juice from OS, or buy doublers in Australia, and add your own unflavoured nicotine base.

How much e juice you go through per day, will depend on how much you vape, average seems to be about 30mls per week. Doublers are a cheap way to go for e juice, and when you have mastered mixing doublers, (which is very easy), then you could look at DIY and make your own juice from concentrates, pg/vg, and unflavoured nic juice, this makes vaping very cheap, but something probably best attempted after you've tried doublers.

Everything tastes and smells better when you stop smoking the stinkies, so your tastes will change which is why it is good to buy small amounts of a lot of flavours to begin with, rather than large amounts of one or two flavours.

Most Aussie vendors sell pg and vg, and its pretty cheap to buy, so you can add what ever suits your tastes.

Good luck, and all the best on your journey off the stinkies and into vaping, and welcome to the forum

+1 ^^ What spud said. But still check Noes List.
    Ms V likes this.
    My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.
    Mitch Hedberg

Thanks you guys

Yes, I was planning to get the nic liquid from health cabin. Thanks for the tips about the clearomisers and coils, because I really feel as though I'm flying blind in that department!

I will give the doublers a go for sure

Also, I just checked the v2 website to find out whether or not the cartridges mostly use pg or vg, and it said it's mostly pg. Now, my partner doesn't seem bothered with the throat dryness/numbness issues I'm having with it, so I'm thinking I should give the vg a go when I buy my eliquid? Has anyone else got any reasons to share as to why they personally prefer pg/vg or a mix? I'm really trying to listen to my body on this!

It helps a lot to hear about average amounts of liquid used, so thanks very much!

Yes, I have read Noe's list, it was very informative, and without it I would've known nothing about health cabin, etc... I do get a little overloaded with the info on here, but feel as though I've learned a little more in the past few days about vaping than I did before that, lol! I think my partner and I mentally needed to start out with cigalikes, it was important to us to feel that holding it in our hands was as similar to a real cig as possible. Now, I feel I'm able to move past that need a little.

I definitely want to start out with Juice Whore's try me packs, it sounds like a great way to test out more flavours at once.

Thanks so much for the help and feedback, my partner and I definitely feel as though we should be able to troubleshoot our way through this. This is all I can think to ask at this late hour though, so I'll check this thread in the morning. Thank you!
    spud likes this.

AVF Regular
    Welcome to vaping MrsV...... Spud summed it up pretty well. I bought an eGo starter kit and then on advice from here a couple of 1300ma Ego spinners and some evods. Haven't touched the eGo starter since. Since there's two of you I'd look at 3 batteries (I prefer the 1300 Spinner "Fatboys".....they last longer), one each and a backup and 4 evods (two each with different flavours) and a pack of 1.8ohm replacement coils. Also get a couple of chargers, they're only a few dollars.

There are many people on here with much more knowledge about juices than me but for what it's worth here's my view. Get a couple of 50ml bottles of flavoured nic juices from overseas....maybe one 18mg and one 24mg. That way you always have something to fall back on while you learn to mix doublers and eventually mix your own using concentrates. Also as Spud said, get a bottle (115ml) of 36mg unflavoured nic. Some may disagree with me but I would get 50/50 PG/VG......unless you like 100% PG or VG juice it will make it easier to get the amounts when mixing. For example, I like a 50/50 mix in my juice. I have a very nice cherry/tobacco doubler that I bought that only comes in 100% PG but because my Health cabin nic is 75/25 PG VG I can't get the finished mix at 50/50. I also have some 100mg nic in 100% PG and the best ratio I can get is about 70/30 (give or take). Also get some 10ml needle bottles and a some of syringes....1ml, 5ml and 10ml should cover it.....for measuring/mixing.

There's a few juice calculators around.....I'm currently using this one. It's pretty basic but give you an idea on the ratios

e-Liquid Calculator :: New recipe

And keep asking questions, no matter how silly or stupid it may seem.....we've all been there.
    Last edited by Blaktop; 15-01-14 at 07:35 AM.
    spud and Mathy like this.

AVF Regular
    I started with V2 as well, I think they're a good place to start. The cartomizers are refillable so don't throw them away, but you need to refill them before you get that burnt taste. If you want to go to a bigger battery, make sure it's either variable voltage or unregulated. The V2 batteries are unregulated, so you get a really good vape at the start around 4 volts and it decreases down to about 3.4 volts before needing recharging. Most standard ego batteries are regulated at about 3.4 volts, so don't expect a stronger vape if you choose this option.

Im pretty sure I've got some v2 batteries lating around, if you want them, let me know
    Fatman, spud and Mathy like this.
    Just get an EPM.

AVF Regular
    Welcome
    Yep, good start.
    The thing I'd recommend as well, is to have at least one spare charger. And to be prepared for a bit of trial and error.

I recently got my daughter started. It was easy enough with her sitting next to me for some context while online shopping at HC to get all the starty things. I remember how much of a challenge it was to do it alone. Not that I was really alone - thanks to the help here, I got a good start beyond the cigalikes. Hang in there, Baby LOL
    spud and Mathy like this.
    Sixth Vape Year and Four Years Sans Durry.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast