Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Pretty sure I've burnt my coils out.. please confirm + Q re spinner

AVF Regular

Pretty sure I've burnt my coils out.. please confirm + Q re spinner

Tastes like metal and arse.. is really unpleasant ..like sucking on a mouth for of 20 cent peices.

Just got my spinner today and pretty sure I burn the coil out.. tasted awful as above.

Am running a Kanger protank - was just going to order more, but I want to make sure I get the right ones for spinner assume these should be ok?

I have replaced the coil .. but the taste lingers.. i suspect either the juice is contaminanted or it's in my head because it is so awful :P

Steam-e-cigs | Protank Coils

Also - can anyone advise in what circumstance I change around the voltage on spinner?

AVF Regular
    You adjust the voltage according to the resistance of the coils. If you are using 1.8ohm coils you won't want to go over 4 volts max, preferably around 3.7 volts. If you are using 2.5ohm coils you can go up over 4 volts.

You may be able to salvage the coil by soaking in vinegar, rinsing and dry burning. But the juice in your tank may well be contaminated if you really burnt the crap out of it! So try washing the tank and putting fresh juice in it.

What res coil are you using, and how many volts on the spinner?
    spud likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Courage View Post
    Tastes like metal and arse.. is really unpleasant ..like sucking on a mouth for of 20 cent peices.

Just got my spinner today and pretty sure I burn the coil out.. tasted awful as above.

Am running a Kanger protank - was just going to order more, but I want to make sure I get the right ones for spinner assume these should be ok?

I have replaced the coil .. but the taste lingers.. i suspect either the juice is contaminanted or it's in my head because it is so awful :P

Steam-e-cigs | Protank Coils

Also - can anyone advise in what circumstance I change around the voltage on spinner?
    Hey Courage, this chart may be of use to you in getting to understand what the best voltages are for the various resistances of the coils. You may be vaping at too high a voltage for the coil resistance if you're burning them out.

http://www.vaporsworld.com/wp-conten...g-chart-lg.jpg

You adjust the voltage to the resistance of the coil.
    Royts likes this.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

Lol was just about to post that same chart, just refreshed and you beat me to it
    spud likes this.

AVF Regular
    i always start off at the lowest setting with a new coil and turn it up bit by bit until i'm getting good flavour and vapour.
    JenJ likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Royts View Post
    Lol was just about to post that same chart, just refreshed and you beat me to it
    I've printed it out and stuck it on my wall, but can pretty much do ohms law in my head now, I use it so often

Its a great little chart and should be mandatory reading for all new vapers using VV or VV VW devices, if they have no experience with ohms, volts, watts, etc
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

Courage, I and daresay many others have had exactly the same experience, start low and just take the voltage up 1 grade at a time until it feels right to you, won't be long and I s'pose you'll be vaping sub ohms on a 'sonic screwdriver ...

AVF Regular
    Hi Jen,

Thanks for the advice. Dumped the tank, cleaned the new coil, put in some melon bola .. laughing. All good. Pertty sure that are 1.8s.
    mrsgruffy and spud like this.

AVF Regular
    Wow thanks all! - Book marked that guide. Helps a lot.
    spud likes this.

AVF Regular
    i just did this a few days ago, swapped the vamo from a 2.8 to a 1.8 and wondered why coils were lasting 2 days

we live and learn
    "Vapers- The evangelical vegans of the smoking community"
    Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    1 vote for DogMan because squonkers, dogs, chooks and brevity

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast