Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Newbie question regarding personal limited experience over Mech and Regulated

AVF Regular

Newbie question regarding personal limited experience over Mech and Regulated

Guys/Gals,

I have been vaping for 2 months now, and its a real 2 months that have not touch a stinky. Prior to that was on some ego twist with clearo, never satisfy with the vape flavor.

Fast forward today, I bought some genisis style, russian, mech mod and today my Futura arrived. For the past 2 months relying solely on a mech, today I consider I truly experience a proper regulated mod (well, been vaping on it for few hours). I tend to come to an early conclusions that I experience a much more consistent vape on a regulated device. Vaping on a mech gives me a feeling of a slope, start of great when battery fully charged, and it goes down hill with time, whereas the regulated mod, it stays pretty much the same till the battery is good for charge.

Looking at mech vs reg:

Mech pro:
    More compact
    Usually finish of high quality
    volts/watts limits are on battery!
    Sub ohm land

Cons:
    Vape like slope

Reg pro:
    Consistent vape

Cons:
    Its long, really long, geez feels like a torch light!
    Power limit limited by PCB, well battery too but I think bottled neck on PCB - But vaping at 10W seems give excellent result

Those are my newbie observations, so here come the questions, beside the above obvious what will I be missing if going to Reg mod alone? Mech mod are so popular, I am thinking I must have done some newbie mistake...

Cheers
    CMB likes this.

AVF Regular
    there are many short reg devices if the 18650 is too big for you , from left to right are my Mech (18650 mode) with pro tank3, my e-vic (reg VV/VW, RVV/RVW) with 18350 tube on it and vapeonly bcc. and my Innoken Coolfire2 (reg VW 12.5watt limit) with iclear 30b on it

ohh yea and in the background my Very Emtpy wallet
    Last edited by Master Sergeant; 15-01-14 at 11:23 PM.
    Fatman likes this.
    <"When ever I can I will try and give back to fellow Vapers as they have given to me." Master Sergeant Nov 2013>

I much prefer the reg. vv/vw batts altho' the mech is great with a fresh battery and the MVP2 is my fave ( atm)

AVF Regular
    yoshio have you tried using a kick in yer mech mod yet?

AVF Regular
    Nice collections you have there, yup I will have to trade off the 18650 life with a shorter battery, I think the mod I got do fit smaller battery.

Oh and your wallet does not look that empty

Quote Originally Posted by Master Sergeant View Post
    there are many short reg devices if the 18650 is too big for you , from left to right are my Mech (18650 mode) with pro tank3, my e-vic (reg VV/VW, RVV/RVW) with 18350 tube on it and vapeonly bcc. and my Innoken Coolfire2 (reg VW 12.5watt limit) with iclear 30b on it

AVF Regular
    That is probably one of the mystery for me still, mech have its follower for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by maggie View Post
    I much prefer the reg. vv/vw batts altho' the mech is great with a fresh battery and the MVP2 is my fave ( atm)

AVF Regular
    No, I don't have a kick handy to try, but doesn't that make a mech to a reg? I quite like the dna20 performance, but now the dna30 is out, duh.

Quote Originally Posted by avtek View Post
    yoshio have you tried using a kick in yer mech mod yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Master Sergeant View Post

yo sergeant where did you get that 18350 tube for your evic? local or overseas??
    thanks

Vinnie
    Master Sergeant likes this.

CMB
    AVF Regular
    You've pretty much nailed it, Yoshio. The downside to mechs being shorter for their given battery size is offset against tbe fact that you get more vape time out of a regulated device as you're not swapping the battery out at 3.7v on a regulated like you are on a mechanical.

Mechs still have their place though, I prefer a Genesis atomisers on a mech mod, for everything else I prefer a regulated mod.

One other advantage of a mech mod is you can strip them down and clean them easily and there's no electrics to get damaged, however in saying that I've found a Provari to be more durable than some of the expensive mech mods.

Have both
    The voltage drop on a mech means nothing to me because I own more than one battery (bring a spare), and I don't really vape enough during the course of a day to make a battery drop too much on a mech anyway.
    I use gennys and dual coil drippers (or low ohm single coil) the most, so I prefer the mechs.
    But would never use a mech for a clearo/carto tank/single coil dripper as a reg vv/vw mod does them just fine.
    Only exception is the kayfun/ithaka/taifun style, that would be fine on a reg vv/vw too, but too tall on the SVD and won't fit a VTR (with out an extension which looks dumb), so I have to use a mech for bottom coil RDAs even though they don't need it.
    The other good thing about reg vv/vw is 3400mAh batteries work good too, extra long life.
    CMB likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast