Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: From one Newbie to Another

From one Newbie to Another

I've noticed that lately there seem to be quite a few 'NEW" vapers who have obviously undertook to do a lot of research before actually joining/posting in these threads,... this is very commendable and makes perfect sense. However, when these same people recommend vendors, I wonder how many vendors they've actually purchased from in order to assume that a particular seller is any more trustworthy or reputable than another. Long term vapers have and do use many different vendors for different products .As new as I am to vaping I've bought from at least 9 vendors on the advice given by experienced vapers.. the main bit of that advice is not to buy from the first site you visit, google's your friend... a $15 item from an 'artisan' site may cost you $5 less than from another site or it may be better to buy direct from the supplier..( China, US eg) so please, do yourselves a favour and compare prices / customer service rep / delivery times and prices and be guided by those 'who know'
    Noe, margyb, lozza 82 and 7 others like this.

I agree!

There are lots of fantastic resources online:

Home - Vape Squad
    Vapor Rater
    Spinfuel eMagazine - The Art of Vaping

I also recently discovered that there is a reddit Aussie Vapers

I also found various facebook groups very helpful and friendly and they seem to be a great way to get an "international" view of vapers who are exposed to lots of different products I never see mentioned here.

Yes Jeff, but it's obvious to me (and will be to others) that some NEW people recommend related sites/sellers/brands almost exclusive of others and one wonders if these NEW vapers have affiliations with said sites, maybe they're owned by relatives etc and they have a vested and personal interest in promoting them...if people want to buy from facebook that's fine but this is a support forum and shouldn't ( imo) be linked to unendorsed sellers .,.. just my 2c ..
    Noe, Olfella, ssstahly and 1 others like this.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    OMG the pineapple continues...

Maggie you are absolutely correct, Jeff is here for a reason, that reason is not consistent with the reasons most members are here & it is pretty obvious to those that have been around for some time.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffD View Post
    I also recently discovered that there is a reddit Vapers Down Under
    Fixed it for you, Jeff. Not that either of us should be promoting another forum on here. I normally wouldn't do it, but I think you made a mistake with your original URL - it points to a subreddit that is just a spamfest.
    Noe, spud and vaping_gal like this.

Limelight Freehand S/Custom Classic/StudioVape/PC Wood mods/VR Wood Mods/TMod/Reo/Floris Little Orca squonkers; Axiom hybrid; GP PAPS-X SS and Lux;PAPS Lux; GP Piccolo; Microstick; Gizmo; DRIFT M22; bOd Mecha
    Haku/Origen Little 16/Hadaly/Manta/Stumpy/Nectar/Derringer, Herons, Spheroids, Eviva, Sophias/SnP, MiniAtty, KFL+, Dripper Pro

Oh, I have personal experience of Jeff's 'recommendations', I was looking for a Bella tank to match one which I bought from a forum member and was a bit gobsmacked when I found that on his site they cost $65 just for basic tank while from Hoosier vapes ( manufacturor) they are $50 and come with spare o'rings, I could buy 3 and get free delivery from USA for a few bucks less than the cost of 2 from Jeff's fave...and don't ask me about the cost of juice, plenty as good or better than IV at far less the cost.. I'm not averse to paying high prices for outstanding quality but really, it's just nic juice not ruddy French champagne ..
    Noe, RichardLOZ, Olfella and 1 others like this.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffD View Post
    I also recently discovered that there is a reddit Aussie Vapers

I also found various facebook groups very helpful and friendly and they seem to be a great way to get an "international" view of vapers who are exposed to lots of different products I never see mentioned here.
    I will take the time to point out this REDDIT and those other links have NOTHING to do with Aussievapers.com , and the REDDIT a direct ripoff by our favourite banned vendor capitalising on our name .
    JeffD , you are doing yourself no service with this constant shameless plugging of this vendor and the businesses linked with him ... I can fully understand this is where you purchase your stuff from , and are apparently very happy doing so ... I have given you great latitude in the past regarding this , but the constant posting is beginning to make me think you are taking advantage of my good nature and sense of fair play , if so I am not impressed .

Vaping is not about dogged loyalty , or righting perceived wrongs against an individual who you might feel has been unfairly treated by this community by excessive plugging of his exploits ... I do NOT share those views and neither do the rest of the Aussie Vapers admin team .
    Aussie Vapers is for VAPERS ... vendors and those intent on promoting a particular vendor far in excess to what would be considered fair , should always be mindful that a vendors presence or a spruikers presence is here by the grace of the community , they do not have a "right" to be here or be forced upon people .

It is time to evaluate whether this constant plugging and defending and cross promoting is beneficial to the AVF community .
    I for one am sick of playing referee and dealing with he said she said reports and dramas caused by the relentless dogma
    Noe, margyb, gtadmin and 20 others like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

a great thread ruined by a clone
    davee, bk_renesis, spud and 1 others like this.
    I VAPE = I LIVE

Started Vaping at 16:00 hrs on 11th April 2013...
    Saved poop loads of $ not buying stinkies since then.
    Spending poop loads of $ on shinies and juice etc since then
    But now I am happy...

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Olfella View Post
    a great thread ruined by a clone
    Shhh don't tell <---Cop that a GG clone was posted
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Super Moderator
    Again I ask for civility .. post deleted
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast