Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By spud
  • 3 Post By kay67kay
  • 2 Post By Raziel
  • 1 Post By oxey

Thread: EGO Passthrough Battery Problem

AVF Regular

EGO Passthrough Battery Problem

Having a problem with my battery sometimes it seems the battery is not making contact with the coil base in the clearo I am using.
    I get a pin and gently lift slightly the coil contact in the battery and viola I screw the clearo back on and it works. Threw away a coil before I realized the problem.
    What is causing this I have had a badly leaking Stardust clearo before(will never use them again). Could some of the juice got under the contact in the battery causing it to stick?
    I have some new batteries on the way to me will I just have to keep lifting the contact till they arrive?
    Any ideas?

Raz aka AliG
    Last edited by Raziel; 17-01-14 at 09:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raziel View Post
    Having a problem with my battery sometimes it seems the battery is not making contact with the coil base in the clearo I am using.
    I get a pin and gently lift slightly the coil contact in the battery and viola I screw the clearo back on and it works. Threw away a coil before I realized the problem.
    What is causing this I have had a badly leaking Stardust clearo before(will never use them again). Could some of the juice got under the contact in the battery causing it to stick?
    I have some new batteries on the way to me will I just have to keep lifting the contact till they arrive?
    Any ideas?

Raz aka AliG
    I have no idea if this is something that is ok to do, but it works, I had an ego twist with the same problem, so I cut out a tiny bit of ss mesh, and stuck it on top of the battery contact, its still working so I guess it hasn't done any damage.
    RichoVonBlack likes this.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

AVF Regular
    be careful about tightening your clearo too much. it only just has to be tight enough for the pin to contact. if you're tightening it too much, it could be pushing the pin down. i have aspires that won't contact the pin on certain batteries. apparently i can fix that by taking the coil out and sanding the base of the clearo down so the coil post will stick out the bottom further and contact the battery pin. maybe that's something you could try.
    RichoVonBlack, spud and Raziel like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by kay67kay View Post
    be careful about tightening your clearo too much. it only just has to be tight enough for the pin to contact. if you're tightening it too much, it could be pushing the pin down. i have aspires that won't contact the pin on certain batteries. apparently i can fix that by taking the coil out and sanding the base of the clearo down so the coil post will stick out the bottom further and contact the battery pin. maybe that's something you could try.
    Thank you kay67kay that sounds like a good idea.
    I will get some wet and dry and give it a go.
    Wish I didnt throw that coil away before I realized the problem.

Raz
    RichoVonBlack and spud like this.

AVF Regular
    It's funny.... I ran into this problem yesterday!

I actually thought about putting something on the battery contact to raise it.... but decided against it, as some other coils/clearos are fine...

Maybe sanding down the coil thread is they way to go

AVF Regular
    just gently lift the positive post button a little bit with a flat blade screwdriver

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

AVF Regular

this any help
    Raziel likes this.