Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Help with legality

Question Help with legality

Hey all,

I was trying to research on whether or not purchasing, owning or using a e-cig or vaporiser would be legal in Victoria and I've turned out no leads. The only thing I have found out from my research is that you can't sell them to u/18s (duh). If anyone can shed any light on whether these are legal in Victoria, your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

AVF Regular
    thread is a little old, but is a place to start: State Legislation and you....

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

Maybe read this thread and you will understand that we don't understand
    Rumblings on the street

Edit: but I have had no problem importing nicotine and it seems most others don't either.

Quote Originally Posted by Altered1 View Post
    a place to start
    Oh man, I didn't even realise that was stickied. Sorry 'bout that. From what I can gather the "State legislation and you...." thread states that "The Drugs, Poisons and Controlled substances Act 1981 does not place any restrictions on the personal possession of nicotine if considered Schedule 2 or 6."

If I rub 2 brain cells together I'm thinking (only a guess) that there are no restrictions on e-juice that do or do not contain nicotine juice. That's fine, but is it legal to purchase and ship a vaporiser/e-cig to victoria without customs or the coppers ruining the fun?

edit: nicotine juice is illegal. Just figured that out. Does that mean that e-juice containing 0% nicotine are legal?
    Last edited by omfggrenade; 19-01-14 at 03:06 PM.

U r perfectly within the law to use ur electronic ecigarette with nicotine in Victoria.
    It is against the law only for nicotine to be sold in Australia, so to obtain it in any state locally is against the law.
    U r well within ur rights to import nicotine for personal use under the personal import scheme .
    Nicotine is not listed as a prohibited import -customs
    Nicotine is considered a schedule 7 poison but is not a listed regulated schedule 7 poison
    in Victoria so no problems with possession just retail. Only listed regulated schedule 7 poisons are illegal to possess in Victoria

I am no law expert but this is my understanding.
    margyb and spud like this.
    Cigarette Addiction: 12 years Quit Smoking: 22.11.2011 Started Vaping: 22.11.2011
    ProVari V2, SmokTech 1.5 ohm dc carto, OCD Tank at 4.3 volts
    Vaping and Loving it

Cheers everyone, with that all cleared up now I think it's about time that I get around to purchasing my first vaporiser and some nice e-juice to go with it!
    lozza 82, mrs308hjute and spud like this.

Hey again,

Just wondering, buying onlines wouldn't affect anything would it? If the package has to go interstate via plane or truck would it be intercepted at all? Would it arouse suspicion?

Hey OMF, I've never had any problems whatsoever. Can't say it wont happen ever but really it's not worth worrying about. What's the worst that can happen?

Maybe if you tell us where you are (state/suburb), this might mean that someone close to you can help you out in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Donna View Post
    What's the worst that can happen?
    Maybe if you tell us where you are (state/suburb), this might mean that someone close to you can help you out in the future.
    I was just worried beause the legality surrounding these products seems to be vague, at best. Or maybe it's just because I'm not smart enough to process the information
    I'm currently residing in Cairnlea, Victoria.

AVF Regular
    Status is it is not illegal to posses a vaporiser or nicotene in Victoria

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast