Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Mt first experience of getting too much attention because of vaping ..

AVF Regular

Mt first experience of getting too much attention because of vaping ..

Today me and Fawks got together for a swap and him imparting a wealth of info to me.

It was an open cafe .. and to say we made a scene would be an understatement.

Within 5 mins we had people coming up to asking what we were doing (and then echoes of "us too, us too"

I know I was a bit

Fawks was also quite

The crowd left, most saying

Well my, if 10 mins didn't go by and we had exactly the same situation! .. some random member of the public plucked up the courage to see what we were doing .. we were totally

And that crowd went ...

10 mins later ..again. and then they went...

10 mins later more people - In my head

So yeah .. bit of a word to everyone .. vaping draws attention in exactly the same way an unmarked cardboard box at the airport draws attention at an airport
    Last edited by Courage; 19-01-14 at 08:02 PM.
    Noe, giruvian, margyb and 15 others like this.

AVF Regular
    I was sitting in a McDonalds last friday and I didn't get that attention..... Bugga... now I'm jealous and goin down the local fast food joint. Maybe I can cause a ruckus just like you.

lol, great post Courage

I sit my ego twist, and aspire combo on my desk at work, and as I'm the person everyone sees when they walk in the door, it gets a lot of comments. One elderly lady asked me what it was, so I gave her the quick version. She then spent half an hour telling me about her having so much difficulty giving up the smokes, (15 years before), and how she would have loved to have been able to have something so pretty, (rainbow twist), to use instead of patches.

She said something which made me think, she thinks that if vaping had been around when she first started smoking, she would not have bothered with the cigarettes, and she thinks smoking would never have gotten the foot hold it did with her generation. Interesting observation.
    margyb and KitKat like this.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

AVF Regular
    I sat there vaping in a quiet corner of the Perth domestic terminal late last year when the feds came through training a sniffer dog.
    They were very interested in what I was doing and I told them I'd stop if I was causing an issue, they then stated they had no issues and to keep on vaping whilst they stuck a bag of 12G shells in a bin on the other side of the room.
    They commented that the dog was being trained to smell drugs and explosives and any other odd odours in the room would only be of benefit to the dog's training.
    It found the shells.
    Last edited by Usernametaken; 19-01-14 at 08:32 PM.
    margyb, Fatman, DEATHGUYJ and 2 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by spud View Post
    lol, great post Courage

I sit my ego twist, and aspire combo on my desk at work, and as I'm the person everyone sees when they walk in the door, it gets a lot of comments. One elderly lady asked me what it was, so I gave her the quick version. She then spent half an hour telling me about her having so much difficulty giving up the smokes, (15 years before), and how she would have loved to have been able to have something so pretty, (rainbow twist), to use instead of patches.

She said something which made me think, she thinks that if vaping had been around when she first started smoking, she would not have bothered with the cigarettes, and she thinks smoking would never have gotten the foot hold it did with her generation. Interesting observation.
    how old was she? the "a fulllung is a healthy lung" campaigns big tobacco ran to nullify the research sucked most people in, "if it's on tv it's true" only became funny after a fair while of lies
    "Vapers- The evangelical vegans of the smoking community"
    Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    1 vote for DogMan because squonkers, dogs, chooks and brevity

So true, spent the day at Australia Zoo today. Vaped in the smoking areas, my replies went from e -cig to personal vapourizer to crack pipe pretty quick. Every man and their dog seemed to want to kniw about ut, staff included,

The funniest thing was when i stopped at the servo just up the road from the Zoo to grab a drink, there was a complete display of cigalikes for sale right next to the register.

People must walk around with their eyes shut most of the time and only take notice when someone is actually doing something different to them. If i had of lit up a pipe, or took a belt on a ventilator right next to them, nothing would have been said lmao.

Stewey
    Crisscross likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Usernametaken View Post
    I sat there gaping in a quiet corner of the Perth domestic terminal late last year when the feds came through training a sniffer dog.
    They were very interested in what I was doing and I told them I'd stop if I was causing an issue, they then stated they had no issues and to keep on vaping whilst they stuck a bag of 12G shells in a bin on the other side of the room.
    They commented that the dog was being trained to smell drugs and explosives and any other odd odours in the room would only be of benefit to the dog's training.
    It found the shells.
    You got the nice guys, the security guard that saw me doing it was threatening to lock me up if I didn't move to the smoking area. I was out side about 15 meters from the door, so I put it in my pocket and went to walk inside and then he got really mad I told him I won't do it and it's put away he wouldn't listen luckily another security guy came up and said no worries he could do that anywhere it's not smoking
    timmah, Stewey and Master Sergeant like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Usernametaken View Post
    I sat there gaping in a quiet corner
    LOL..............

CCC
    You must look like a nice guy Courage! Nobody asks me, i think i must look unaproachable
    Gresh11 and Browny like this.

My first ever vape was 2 weeks ago in a hospital. I was visiting a mate that had a heart attack, he has been vaping for 3 months with cigalikes. He handed it to me for a try. A nurse walking past the room stopped and gazed with a look of "what the hell are you doing!!!!!" as I exhaled vapour. It was quite funny, she was lost for words but soon laughed when ai unscrewed the cart and showed her what it was.

I came very close to getting a good pineapplepineapplepineapplepineapplepineapple slapping, better luck next time....
    Vaping does not resemble poisonous tobacco smoking, it is a safe replacement.

Replace, not resemble.

Safe, not toxic.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast