Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Bad Taste from new Russian 91

AVF Regular

Bad Taste from new Russian 91

Hi all just got my New Russian 91% today(thanks luntingsir ) and some new Juice's(thanks domo) Got it all home buit a coil for the Russian,&%^%$$ things, built 3 more then got one working ok at 1.3 , juice up the tanks and OMG, nearly chucked, I guess I don't like "malt tease" , washed out tank, refilled with a juice I know, but still not tasting right, I can still teast/smell , well it not , right(to the point a actualy had to go an get in the shower(there are no photos, so none of this "pixs or I didn't happen"stuff) I know the 2nd juice is ok I put some in a lil clŽaro to test it, Any Ideas (about the Russian, not my mental state)

Thanks
    M.S.

P.S I have no issues with Luntingsir or Domo about this,not blameing them in any way
    Last edited by Master Sergeant; 20-01-14 at 09:53 PM.
    <"When ever I can I will try and give back to fellow Vapers as they have given to me." Master Sergeant Nov 2013>

AVF Regular
    Was it brand new or was it previously being used by luntingsir?

If it was brand new, it could still have some machine oil in it. Will need to give it a good bath overnight, preferably with vodka.

If it had been used previously, I would assume luntingsir had cleaned it. My guess would be you have a hotspot / hot leg / short.
    avtek likes this.
    supporter of genuine mods and attys

If it's brand new then it may still be covered in oil and little bits of metal and such, try dismantling and giving all the parts a boil for a couple minutes. It could also be the wick not getting enough juice through, which gives a gross burnt taste. If that's the case try thinner wick, I usually set it up pretty loose (I use cotton) because it swells a fair bit after sucking up any liquid, and make sure that it's long enough for both sides to reach the bottom of the chamber where the little channels are.
    ssstahly and avtek like this.

AVF Regular
    Soak over night, then take happy snaps as you build so if it turns to poo again you have images to post and we might be able to spot the problem.
    avtek likes this.
    Vaporista
    Noob for life

Last Analog

12-12-12 at Midnight

"If it was easy, all the cool kids would be doing it",

AVF Regular
    No it was Band New luntingsir only opend it to check and inspect it, it not I burnt wicky type of taste I know (unfortunly) that taste all too well , hmm mech oil , did not think of that, Go's to put kettle on, kettle does not fit, boils water instead,
    <"When ever I can I will try and give back to fellow Vapers as they have given to me." Master Sergeant Nov 2013>

AVF Regular
    Don't use it too hot. May wreck orings / plastic tank.

I always make sure I wash every atty I get, or else I either get a crap taste or imagine it.

Hope it's all good after it's bath. It's a nice bit of kit.
    supporter of genuine mods and attys

AVF Regular
    Possibly the wick your using?, I had a crap bit of 2mm silica, almost made me puke,
    Vaporista
    Noob for life

Last Analog

12-12-12 at Midnight

"If it was easy, all the cool kids would be doing it",

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Russians can be dirty bastids, be careful if you plan to suck on one

Almost certainly will be machine oil.

No need to boil the kettle just warm tap water & dishwashing liquid, then rinsing works for that.
    RichoVonBlack, newvape and Vinnie like this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    Just confirming that I did not use it prior to sending it on... so there's every chance that there's still manufacturing residue in there.
    ಠ_ಠ

AVF Regular
    OK so now its all good Thanks all,
    luntingsir and ssstahly like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast