• 1 Post By supersports600
  • 4 Post By Nasha
  • 3 Post By Nasha
  • 1 Post By Nasha

Thread: Titration Kit Testing Woes

AVF Regular

Titration Kit Testing Woes

Hi All,

Just looking for some experiences/advice/someone local with a kit to 1. test a few of my liquids or 2. show me how to use the thing properly.

Ordered off supersports600, and have had a few phone calls with him since, and it would appear that my juices are giving a no result. I've tried 2 different HG juices (36mg/ml & 11mg/ml), as well as a homebrew juice and never got that blue colour. For the HG juices i used 10ml of the juice, and ran 50% of the expected titrant through it slowly, constantly swirling and it just changes my juice colour from yellow to orange.

As i said, i've had a chat with supersports600, and he suggested to add a 'base liquid' to my solution to prove that the indicator does indeed work which i will try tonight, but i highly doubt there is any issue there.

So either my juices are nic-free, or i'm doing something completely wrong...

Anyone who can share their experiences, offer some comments, or live locally that can arrange a catch up for some testing/training?

Thanks,
    Nash
    GirlyPantz, margyb and Redheads like this.

AVF Regular
    Poo. What a let down! Hope you sort it soon.
    LIVE AND LET VAPE
    POWER TO THE P.V.
    OFF THE SMOKES FOREVER

AVF Regular
    Hey Nasha,
    That ain't sounding to good for your juices. Have you had any confirmed result yet?
    Have you got anything besides the HG and a homebrew?
    Have you tried a crystal of caustic soda to see what it's meant to look like yet?
    GirlyPantz likes this.
    Shop at Supersports600 eBay Store for all your Battery and Nicotine testing needs

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by supersports600 View Post
    Hey Nasha,
    That ain't sounding to good for your juices. Have you had any confirmed result yet?
    Have you got anything besides the HG and a homebrew?
    Have you tried a crystal of caustic soda to see what it's meant to look like yet?
    No confirmed result as of yet, but i haven't tried anything since we last spoke. Had my hands full leaving work so the kit got left at work. Must remember to take in some caustic tomorrow so i can test the solution!

I do have one more juice to try for now, a Joyetech 16mg/Ml juice, ill give it a shot tomorrow... Or maybe i should wait until i get home... The endless comments about meth labs, needles and sweet smells are no longer funny anymore heheh

AVF Regular
    So.... A conclusive report back...

Supersports600 - After trying the draino in the solution and getting a result, i decided to perform a thorough test of every liquid that i have with largish (5-10ml) quantities...

My two daily vapes, that i thought had nicotine, showed no result!

The HG juices gave no result. The joyetech juice gave a result within 1mg of what was stated.

It would turn out, i am nicotine free for almost 2 weeks now! Now, this confuses the absolute crap out of me (for reasons that cannot be mentioned publicly), as 2/3 from the same source gave no result.

But, i suppose the science doesn't lie....
    Noe, supersports600 and Fatman like this.

Feel very naive asking this but what does HG stand for? (been racking the grey matter for about 5 minutes now.)

But regardless of that, well, I suppose congratulations are in order. Well done Nasha.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasha View Post
    So.... A conclusive report back...

Supersports600 - After trying the draino in the solution and getting a result, i decided to perform a thorough test of every liquid that i have with largish (5-10ml) quantities...

My two daily vapes, that i thought had nicotine, showed no result!

The HG juices gave no result. The joyetech juice gave a result within 1mg of what was stated.

It would turn out, i am nicotine free for almost 2 weeks now! Now, this confuses the absolute crap out of me (for reasons that cannot be mentioned publicly), as 2/3 from the same source gave no result.

But, i suppose the science doesn't lie....
    Could look on the bright side. HG did you a favour if in fact it is nic free and you're none the wiser. May as well keep vaping it now.

I've (we've) found even their unflavoured nic strength has been all over the place in the past
    Shop at Supersports600 eBay Store for all your Battery and Nicotine testing needs

AVF Regular
    Just thought I would check back in and see how you are going Nasha.

Any further thoughts? Are you still 'nic free' ?

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by supersports600 View Post
    Just thought I would check back in and see how you are going Nasha.

Any further thoughts? Are you still 'nic free' ?
    Hey mate! I had an extended long weekend away (on your side of the border - Mulwala), so took a while to get back to this.

I'm not nic free... After receiving my flavours from VK, and my nic, i thought to myself, ok i will sacrifice what i have left to test.

Initally i tested only a small amount of the 'flavours i liked' because i didn't want to lose them until i had replacements. They were my daily vapes, and they did indeed contain nicotine.

At this stage im not too concerned about nicotine. The main thing was to get off the stinkies!

I must say it was interesting, myself and 4 of my closest mates (who i have all turned to vaping), rocking into a small town all toking on vapers... There were some odd looks!

I did happen to see a bloke with a massive vape in a fish & chip shop.... Im wondering if he's an AVF member, as regular people do not carry vapers that size heheh
    D3AB likes this.