Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hi.... and thanks!

Just a hello from a first day vaper.

I've let some people I know do the hard yards of trialling this first and have finally jumped on board.

So far so good. Have spent about 220 all up in 3 days (forcing myself to commit). Starting setup fairly stock-standard:
    - 2 ego-T batteries, both 1000's, one passthrough one not.
    - 3 B type attys.
    - Few cartos to try.
    - 220 36mg no-flavour juice (healthcabin)
    - Some VG and PG to play with later if I get the mixing bug.
    - About 105 mls (5 flavors) of doublers from JuiceWhore.
    - Case, tanks, bottles, covers and all the other bits and pieces.

JuiceWhore and Healthcabin(nic and PT battery) only ordered today so will be a week before I can go nuts, until then using up reject juices kindly donated by a friend who didn't like the flavours.

Anywho, just a hello from yet another newbie, and a couple of thank yous:
    1. VapeBar for being amazing (ordered most hardware yesterday afternoon and the package beat me to work this morning).
    2. Del in advance for the juices and responding quickly to an email today, even though it was just a minor thing. Bring on my Lemon Meringue Pie!
    3. My guinea pig friend if he reads this for getting me onto it, and his invaluable advice (and reject juice!)
    4. The forum members for all the info I have found in old posts thus far and in advance for the questions I will ask!

Looks like a great community here. You'll see me around a bit as I jump in the deep end (birthday in 2 days, no more 'analogues' is my present to myself) so though I'd say howdy.

Cheers,
    Caff.

AVF Regular
    Welcome aboard Caff,
    nice starter kit there, 220 well spent.
    don't be shy to ask questions here, you'll get plenty of opinions and good advice.
    My Bday today and hoping switching to vaping will mean plenty more ;p
    Couldn't have given yourself a better birthday present. happy birthday to you
    All the best
    D1g
    Quit date : 10/5/2011

Welcome to Aussie Vapers

Good to hear it arrived nice and quickly for you.

Buy genuine e-cigarette gear - Check out www.vapebar.com.au

AVF Regular
    Hello & welcome.

Happy Birthday to D1git today & Caff Tomorrow.

AVF Regular
    cheers Flea
    Quit date : 10/5/2011

Hi Caff and welcome.

Yeah Del from JW and Hack from Vapebar are great. Hey Haaaaack, I'm out of Bavarian Cream Bruleee, *squeezes last bottle really hard* lol

You will love vaping, I have been analogue free for 6 weeks, and feeling good. Have fun

Pisces (happy birthday too)

G'day. Welcome to the forum mate. And nice kit you've got there, you've done your research well.
    Keep us filled in on how analog cravings go, that always interests me it's different for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by D1git View Post
    Welcome aboard Caff,
    nice starter kit there, 220 well spent.
    don't be shy to ask questions here, you'll get plenty of opinions and good advice.
    My Bday today and hoping switching to vaping will mean plenty more ;p
    Couldn't have given yourself a better birthday present. happy birthday to you
    All the best
    D1g
    Happy Birthday D1g! Although I presume I am now a day late. Don't worry I won't be shy :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post
    Welcome to Aussie Vapers

Good to hear it arrived nice and quickly for you.
    It's ridiculous how far small e-commerce has come in the last few years. That site of yours is great, did you do much customisation of the big commerce templates?
    In the end though whilst e-commerce sites in general, plus shipping options, have come a very long way enabling individuals or small companies to produce impressive results they are only as good as those that are running them, and it looks to me like you're doing a great job of that. You'll get repeat business from me that's for sure (I'm trying to restrict my o/s orders to bulk nic juice only if possible).
    Let me know if you re-stock on your maiden coffee e-juice, I'm keen to try it :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Flea View Post
    Hello & welcome.

Happy Birthday to D1git today & Caff Tomorrow.
    Cheers! Looking forward to it!

Quote Originally Posted by piscesvapergirl View Post
    Hi Caff and welcome.

Yeah Del from JW and Hack from Vapebar are great. Hey Haaaaack, I'm out of Bavarian Cream Bruleee, *squeezes last bottle really hard* lol

You will love vaping, I have been analogue free for 6 weeks, and feeling good. Have fun

Pisces (happy birthday too)
    Yup, I'm quite impressed by the local e-retailers. I'm a big fan of those types of enterprises where the people are active in the community and have a shop based on a passion of theirs rather than just another store. The difference shows clearly.

Quote Originally Posted by Shannophilia View Post
    G'day. Welcome to the forum mate. And nice kit you've got there, you've done your research well.
    Keep us filled in on how analog cravings go, that always interests me it's different for everyone.
    Well... I only started yesterday morning, so it's early days. Had my last 2 'analogues' from my last pack last night as I was trying to work out what I felt I was missing from the vapes.

I have no doubt it will work. I think the only issues I have at the moment are:
    - Perhaps a little lack of throat hit. I'll either get used to that, or since the borrowed juices are VG perhaps my higher PG mixes when I get my gear will make a bit of difference.
    - The lack of heat/burning sensation. Will try some of the warmer carts as I believe the Ego-T Tanks are known for being cool. That being said I'm not stressed about it.
    - Low flavour. Borrowed juices are Raspberry and Orange HealthCabin ones. They are pretty lack-lustre. I'm hoping Del's delivery will fix me up there!
    - Little changes to action. Specifically the compulsive 'ashing' taps with the fingers, and the fact that I normally put cig to mouth, let go, inhale then take it out. Can't do that when pressing a button :-)

All of those things are relatively minor and shouldn't be a show-stopper for me. Bits of it are tinkering and playing with combos, other things are just altering habits over time.

Let's face it, the 'pleasure' from cig's isn't really the taste or sensation, rather our brains associating those things with the nic delivery which is pleasant. I'm quite certain that association can be altered over time, and eCigs are close enough that it won't be a massive leap.

On the finance front, using a $50 birthday coles/myer voucher for day-to-day shopping and claiming that $50 off my spend. I think I'm now 1 pack of smokes that I haven't bought so that's another $20.
    My $220 is now only $150, and break even should be only a week and a half away.

The initial expenditure hit is hardly a real issue to me, but the sooner I hit the positive the better the incentive is. Quite confronting actually because I was a 'buy a pack at a time' kind of smoker and hadn't really allowed myself to add up all the $20's I was handing over....

My initial expenses were around $250 but I am stocked up pretty hardcore.
    Happy birthday Digit! I do smoke a rare analog every now and again when I get offered one
    but 99% of the time I am vaping, think I just don't want to decline the person offering me.... not that I actually want one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sehn View Post
    My initial expenses were around $250 but I am stocked up pretty hardcore.
    Happy birthday Digit! I do smoke a rare analog every now and again when I get offered one
    but 99% of the time I am vaping, think I just don't want to decline the person offering me.... not that I actually want one.
    Personally I think if I had my eCig I would decline, in the same way as I did if I had my own cigs with me. That being said it is possible I will have the rare one in future, but time will tell (far far too early to say).

Two new vaping experiences:

1. Smoking spot at work is outside under cover beside a busy footpath. Usually 3-10 smokers there. As such you get a lot of passers by doing the rounds wanting to 'borrow' a smoke. The look on their face when they get to me is hilarious! :-)
    2. Just tried a carto (Kanger horizontal coil) with some RY4. Dear lord, if I was complaining about lack of flavour from the current setup that experience was the polar opposite. Really didn't like it. I think I was right with the fact that I'll steer clear of the tobacco flavours. They are close enough to cigs that you can tell they are trying to taste like one but something isn't quite right. Whereas I don't EXPECT raspberry to taste like a cigarette and therefore it is more acceptable.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast