Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Help...former vaper in Perth wanting to come back…

Help...former vaper in Perth wanting to come back…

I vaped for 45 days at the end of last year, loved the whole vaping thing. I tried a million different options (vg, pg, strength, no flavour etc etc etc) sadly to no avail. So due to severe ‘geographic tongue’ I had to go back to smokes. I don’t think vaping caused the problem, more aggravated a dormant condition. My lungs are shocking, really want to get back to vaping if I can. Plus my workplace is going non-smoking and I pretty much have to quit.

One thing I haven't tried is having kanthal wire as the coil/heating element. I don't have the skill, knowledge or kit to make them & test ohms. I know it’s an ask, but would someone with experience, ideally in Perth, be willing to help me by either:
    - lending/selling me an atomizer / etc with kanthal wire that will fit/be suitable for use with below.
    - even make something that fits with below.

My kit:
    Evod bcc, MT bcc, Vivi Nova
    Vision eGo Spinner 1300ohm & 650ohm.

Any help would be hugely appreciated. Forgot to say I'm happy swap stuff.
    greazy and GirlyPantz like this.
    Vision eGo Spinner 1300mAh @ 3.3v
    EVOD bcc 1.8ohm, Vivi Nova 2.4/2.8 ohm, Innokin510 Tidy bcc 2.5ohm
    15/20mg Unflavoured VG

Quote Originally Posted by jimboperthwa View Post
    I vaped for 45 days at the end of last year, loved the whole vaping thing. I tried a million different options (vg, pg, strength, no flavour etc etc etc) sadly to no avail. So due to severe ‘geographic tongue’ I had to go back to smokes. I don’t think vaping caused the problem, more aggravated a dormant condition. My lungs are shocking, really want to get back to vaping if I can. Plus my workplace is going non-smoking and I pretty much have to quit.

One thing I haven't tried is having kanthal wire as the coil/heating element. I don't have the skill, knowledge or kit to make them & test ohms. I know it’s an ask, but would someone with experience, ideally in Perth, be willing to help me by either:
    - lending/selling me an atomizer / etc with kanthal wire that will fit/be suitable for use with below.
    - even make something that fits with below.

My kit:
    Evod bcc, MT bcc, Vivi Nova
    Vision eGo Spinner 1300ohm & 650ohm.

Any help would be hugely appreciated. Forgot to say I'm happy swap stuff.
    Hey Jim, welcome back There's going to be a vape meet in Perth soon, and I'm sure someone will happily show you how to make coils, it easy peasy. You will need to get yourself a rebuildable dripper, or tank atty, some kanthal wire, and some cotton or silica wick, (probably someone in Perth that can help you get the right stuff, and show you how to coil and wick before the meet), probably best to go with organic cotton.

The IGO-L is a great little dripper for beginners, and easy to use on a spinner.

Hope it works out well for you this time
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

AVF Regular
    where about you in NOR... plenty of us here.. i have some 306 and i06 not in use if you want...
    GirlyPantz and jimboperthwa like this.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Hey Jimbo, I got plenty of Kanthal, different wick materials & types of juice

Most of the devices you mention are pretty hard to rebuild/re-coil, Spud mentioned an Igo-L, which is a good dripper but I don't think it will look real good on an eGo type batt.

I think something like this would look better/more streamlined on an eGo batt & will work just as good : IGO-F Rebuildable Atomizer Tank
    A 1.8 - 2.0ohm micro coil, cotton wick build on that would pump out plenty of tasty fog & it'll be easy to maintain & rebuild.

What ever you decide to do I'm willing to help show you how to rebuild some coils, even if you just want to stick with what you have & do it the hard way LOL
    GirlyPantz, Samtron, spud and 1 others like this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    Hi mate, I remember your drama well and I hope so much that you isolate the problem. Shocking state of affairs! The evod coils are rebuildable with kanthal and perform great with a micro-coil and cotton. If no-one local is able to hook you up with rebuilt coils and able to show you how to do it, feel free to send some over to me and I will re-coil them and send them back. I had a few spares lying around somewhere but I have misplaced them. I am sure if you don't have many there will be a few floating around close to you in Perth. I am hoping that a local will take you under their wing, but alternatively I would be more than happy to oblige.
    GirlyPantz, Samtron, spud and 2 others like this.
    LIVE AND LET VAPE
    POWER TO THE P.V.
    OFF THE SMOKES FOREVER

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gresh11 View Post
    Hi mate, I remember your drama well and I hope so much that you isolate the problem. Shocking state of affairs! The evod coils are rebuildable with kanthal and perform great with a micro-coil and cotton. If no-one local is able to hook you up with rebuilt coils and able to show you how to do it, feel free to send some over to me and I will re-coil them and send them back. I had a few spares lying around somewhere but I have misplaced them. I am sure if you don't have many there will be a few floating around close to you in Perth. I am hoping that a local will take you under their wing, but alternatively I would be more than happy to oblige.
    Is it doable with 28G Kanthal Gresh?
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Noe View Post
    Is it doable with 28G Kanthal Gresh?
    Sure is. Must say that I have only ever done the one on the mini davide that I won in the comp. 12 or 13 wraps with 30 guage coming out at 3ohm. Used it for a few weeks on the EPM until it lost its place to a spheroid. Really pretty easy. Keep your legs at about an inch to make the installation of the silicon insulator easy. A few vids about this on you-tube too. You know evod, davides, kanger all the same coil. I'll see if I can track my spares. Keen to have a crack at a vertical coil in one.
    LIVE AND LET VAPE
    POWER TO THE P.V.
    OFF THE SMOKES FOREVER

Thanks for all the feedback, appreciate the offers!! I have missed being on this forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsky View Post
    where about you in NOR... plenty of us here.. i have some 306 and i06 not in use if you want...
    Tetsky: That would be great!! I'm in North Perth and I work in on Gnangara Road, Cullacabardi. So either way happy to come pick them up. What would suit you best to arrange?
    Vision eGo Spinner 1300mAh @ 3.3v
    EVOD bcc 1.8ohm, Vivi Nova 2.4/2.8 ohm, Innokin510 Tidy bcc 2.5ohm
    15/20mg Unflavoured VG

I'm NOR and could help if ya wanted

Have a few mods you can try out and see what you like

AVF Regular
    Does anyone know what wire is used by the 306 and i06 atties. I doubt that they are made with kanthal though.
    LIVE AND LET VAPE
    POWER TO THE P.V.
    OFF THE SMOKES FOREVER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast