Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Coil too tight causes leaks?

Coil too tight causes leaks?

Hi all, been a lurker for a while as Google usually finds an answer to my questions and 9 times out of 10 it finds it here or on WP

Anyway, to the point.

I have been vaping for about 5 days now and am also off the stinkies for the same amount of time.

I use a few Genuine Aspire BDC MINI Nova Glassomizer's and have a problem with coils dying very quickly, so far have had to replace 5 of them (4 for leaking 1 for burnt taste) in the last few days.

The burnt tasting one could have been a dud so fair enough, it happens.

The others leak out of the battery connection on the bottom of the coil, replacing the coil fixes the issue.

Could it be from putting the coils in too tight? I was screwing them in all the way. When the last 2 died today and I replaced them I screwed them in lightly until I felt them "grab" and that's it, was still room left to spin. Is that the correct way?

I'm guessing doing them up too tight squashed the seal and caused the leak, the hot weather thinning the liquid on top of that didn't help.

Am sick of going through so many coils in such a short time so any ideas or help would be great.

Thanks all!

AVF Regular
    I think you might be right, Over tightening is generally not a good idea for many reason, such as what you have mentioned and also damage to the 510 connector pin. best just to tighten it until a connection has been made but its not loose.
    But sorry to say, I don't have any tips for you about getting more out of your coils as I only use rebuildable atomizers now. There will plenty of been people chime in what what works for them, so good luck with it.
    And welcome to AVF mate! and good job getting off the cigs! It only gets easier.

Money spent Vaping: Who cares, I'll live long enough to earn more!

AVF Regular
    Someone more expert than me in the aspires will chime in but generally my rule of thumb is if leaking you have one of the following

Liquid is to thin
    Air pressure is off. Either a leaky seal or negative pressure by having your tank bottom too close/tight on a collar
    Sometimes if you are running hot it will thin the liquid and refer to no 1

Small leaking can also be because of too much suck. Let more air into the drag.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by D3AB View Post
    And welcome to AVF mate! and good job getting off the cigs! It only gets easier.
    Cheers mate, was surprised at how easy it was to get off the stink sticks when using the e-cigs!

And have to pinch that stop smoking sig pic you're using great idea.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Welcome to AVF.

Where in Perth are you?
    You may be close enough to one of us here to give you "hands on" help

What juice are you using?

Can you show us a pic of what your set up is or let us know what device you are using?

How are you filling the Aspires?
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Hey mate,

I'm in Maida Vale.

Using a couple of flavours right now. A 24mg 80/20 menthol and an 18mg 80/20 tobacco flavour. Also like to half/half mix the two.

I got this kit from Vapeking VK Deluxe Starter Kit
    And using the aspire bdc mini novas, not the ones that came with the kit.

To fill I just follow the instructions, take it off the bat, take off the bottom cap, fill down the side not getting any in the tube, then reverse.

No idea what I've been doing wrong except for over tightening the coils, seeing how it's happened 4 times now is like 2 days its obviously something I've been doing.

Cheers.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    I think it is possibly your juice, 80/20 is very thin, I use a 70/30 without any problems with leaking & I tighten the coil heads in rather tight too.
    So try adding 1ml of plain VG to 9ml of juice, that will give you a 70/30 ratio & see if that helps.
    It will also dilute the nic by 10% & the flavor by 10% but you will still have juice that is about 21.5mg/ml & it should have enough flavor with only 10% dilution.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Thanks mate, will get some and give it a shot..

Cheers.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
    Cheers mate, was surprised at how easy it was to get off the stink sticks when using the e-cigs!

And have to pinch that stop smoking sig pic you're using great idea.
    Yeah, I was the same, I took to vaping pretty easy. Even when I did get cravings early on I just went to town on my PV and it passed
    Feel free mate, It's a real eye opener as the days get on. Makes it giving up smoking that much more satisfying.

Money spent Vaping: Who cares, I'll live long enough to earn more!

Thanks mate, will get some and give it a shot..

Cheers.

Edit: have another order from Mt Bakers on the way and that's a mix of 50/50 and 65/35 to find what I like the most. So will see if that helps.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast