Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Charging AW IMR Batteries

AVF Regular

Charging AW IMR Batteries

My Cool Fire uses these and I couldn't find any adequate charging instructions. When I got them, I put them on charge, and when the charger said one was good to go, I used it.

However, there life seems a bit limited and I'm wondering whether I should have left them on charge for 6+hrs beyond when the charger said they were full. That is what was recommended for my Kanga Evod batts when I bought them

Anyone got some thoughts on this? I'm quite happy to buy a couple more, if I have stuffed this up, cheers Deb

AVF Regular
    How long are you getting. I think the itaste you have hits at a constant 8.5W. So im guessing you would only get a couple of hours max out of an 18350. They dont last long. I dont think leaving them on charge longer would have done any damage.
    I go through 5 or 6 of those a day.
    Fatman, Mathy and Master Sergeant like this.

AVF Regular
    What arth_d said. They don't seem to last very long if you got it turned up. I can easily go through 3 on my provari mini in a day. I'd suggest getting a couple spare batteries, and a battery box, and put it in your pocket/purse for the day.
    Fatman and Mathy like this.

Money spent Vaping: Who cares, I'll live long enough to earn more!

Super Moderator
    Echoes all the above 18350's only have about 600mA of Usable oomph in most cases ... which puts them at one third capacity of even the most crappy 18650 , so if you are used to the long times of the bigger batts they appear quite fiddly
    You need three or four 18350s in rotation to get you thru the day if you are a heavy vaper and use a device that packs a bit of a punch .
    Mathy and Master Sergeant like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    Cool, so, they didn't need that 'sit on the charger for 6 hrs when new' process, which is great because I didn't do it

I'd forgotten about the 8.5W constant output, so now everything makes sense. I flattened a battery whilst watching poor Rafa last night I've got 2 batteries and they recharge pretty quick, so I probably need a couple more and things will be sweet.

This my first Mod and it's all a learning experience. I really like this little guy, and I now see the advantage of having something that you can replace the batteries in, rather than having to buy a whole new unit if it carks it (which batteries will eventually do). I'm starting to get a handle on my vaping requirements and been doing some research. I think ultimately I'm going to buy a Provari Mini down the track.

Thanks for your replies guys, most helpful, as usual, cheers Deb
    Fatman and D3AB like this.

AVF Regular
    If you do get a provari mini, save yourself the hassle and get the extention cap for the 18450 batteries. Will make a massive improvement in vape times. Only reason I use 18350 is to keep it compact and stealthy.
    food for thought!
    Fatman and Mathy like this.

Money spent Vaping: Who cares, I'll live long enough to earn more!

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by arth_d View Post
    How long are you getting. I think the itaste you have hits at a constant 8.5W. So im guessing you would only get a couple of hours max out of an 18350. They dont last long. I dont think leaving them on charge longer would have done any damage.
    I go through 5 or 6 of those a day.
    Thats the price u pay for stealth vaping.
    Mathy and D3AB like this.
    Vape on

AVF Regular
    also or maybe instead of this maybe for your provari Twins Telescopic Extension Cap for ProVari Mini | Vapebar The Twins Telescopic ProVari Mini Extension Cap allows a ProVari Mini user to utilise either AW IMR 18490 or AW IMR 18650 Batteries giving the user full range of ProVari capability.... I dont use my tubes much but in all mods pref 18650 and up batts just cause I dont kill them so quickly .. they are also if you are def buying one having a coop for provari beauty rings if you think you might want one... much cheaper than whats about.

Quote Originally Posted by D3AB View Post
    If you do get a provari mini, save yourself the hassle and get the extention cap for the 18450 batteries. Will make a massive improvement in vape times. Only reason I use 18350 is to keep it compact and stealthy.
    food for thought!
    Mathy and D3AB like this.
    ďBut I donít want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."
    "How do you know Iím mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldnít have come here.Ē
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by greazy View Post
    Thats the price u pay for stealth vaping.
    Vaping loud & proud has its advantages

18650's all the way for me!
    izmali, Mathy, smoker and 2 others like this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

I have to agree with Noe - I have plenty of each, but it seems only the 650s end up in the rotation
    Noe and izmali like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast