Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: New to vaping and could use some advice re Halo G6 & 510's

New to vaping and could use some advice re Halo G6 & 510's

I bought my first e-cig last Friday (eson) from a tobacconist. It was great, I was surprised at how effective it was ........... until the next night when it stopped working all together. I went back to the store the next morning and got another one which was fantastic until yesterday afternoon when it refused to recharge. I've now got another one and have my fingers crossed that this one will continue to work. I have ordered a couple from Health Cabin but of course, they aren't shipping out until 7th Feb. I like the cigarette shape and size - it's convenient (I don't even buy packs of cigs that are bigger than 25). So, anyway, I really need a backup plan until my Health Cabin order arrives.

I had thought I'd get this 510 kit with PCC (seems it would be handy to have) ->
    http://www.ecigquality.com/Joye_510-T_Boge_Mega_Starter_Kit/p676499_3223639.aspx

However, I've read a few comments about how great Halo G6's are and I'm wondering how they're any better than the above kit. Last longer? What is it that makes them so great (according to some)?

AVF Regular
    I'd recommend taking advantage of this sweet deal. It's by no means a ciggalike kit like the ones it sounds like your using. But if you seriously trying to cut down on the smokes, you will have more success with a kit like this. and its discounted heavily.
    Innokin Starter Kit
    I am considering getting one for myself to give to any friends or family that want to give vaping a try.

By the way, I am in no way affiliated with the company, but the owner's are members here, and have recently just opened their online store, so I'd suggest take advantage of the well priced starter kit while they still have stock.
    Similar kits like this could be sold to newbies to vaping for triple the price.

I should add, You will need to purchase E-liquid with a kit such as this, and source your own nicotine from overseas if you're that way inclined. There are many 'Stickied' threads in the Beginner's section that cover the basic's.
    Last edited by D3AB; 28-01-14 at 08:06 PM.

Money spent Vaping: Who cares, I'll live long enough to earn more!

AVF Regular
    I have the halo g6, very reliable unit, the only down side is sometimes the postage can take up to two weeks even with express! another alternative of the g6 is a unit by One Vape Street, its the same size as the g6 but in my opinion has a better battery life and delivery inside of Australia is like two days. sometimes less depending on your state..

overall good units to start vaping and quit smoking with!

Heres the mandatory link to Noes List !

Excellent reading, this will give you a good start to your vaping journey
    Noe likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jlmanos View Post
    I have the halo g6, very reliable unit, the only down side is sometimes the postage can take up to two weeks even with express! another alternative of the g6 is a unit by One Vape Street, its the same size as the g6 but in my opinion has a better battery life and delivery inside of Australia is like two days. sometimes less depending on your state..

overall good units to start vaping and quit smoking with!
    Ok, thanks but I'd really like to know what makes these better than the one I put a link up for.

Quote Originally Posted by Royts View Post
    Heres the mandatory link to Noes List !

Excellent reading, this will give you a good start to your vaping journey
    Thanks Royts, as I said in the OP, I've already put an order in with Health Cabin and I did use Noes List but now I'm looking at something that I can get quickly that meets my current needs.

AVF Regular
    hi lulu not sure what the budget is .. but I have always been more partial to the ego twists as a starter just cause they are overall better IMOhttp://vapingcobra.com.au/ego-c-twis...h-battery.html along with the recommended charger and maybe a http://ecigmodshop.com.au/index.php?...&productId=612 or a EcigModShop Australia - Boge 510D LR Cartomizer - Steel

The smaller 510s and cigalikes are lovely but think you will find that they get old fast and are prone to being annoying and in the long run more expensive.. but if you have the patience .. have fun with them and good luck
    ďBut I donít want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."
    "How do you know Iím mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldnít have come here.Ē
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

Or possibly a vision spinner? Vision eGo Spinner 1300mAh | Variable Voltage | Vapebar I still use one every day at work. Battery life on the 1300 mah is great, gets me through an hour of travel and a 12 hour shift with plenty left over.

If thats too large they also do a mini Vision Spinner Mini | Variable Voltage | Vapebar

The evods couple with them perfectly Kanger EVOD Bottom Coil Clearomizer - Vapeking replacement coils are cheap and you can rebuild them yourself easily enough.
    DaveJ likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by lulu68 View Post
    Ok, thanks but I'd really like to know what makes these better than the one I put a link up for.
    they have a longer cut off time when taking a drag and run better batteries so they last longer and produce more consistent vaping experience.. ultimately the g6 is AMAZING for a cigalike ecig.. but from my experience with both i prefer the ovs model basically because its more reliable and its an Australian company so waiting time is a couple of days..
    i can give you the email of the guy i got mine from, definitely worth a look at, but if you're set on the halo g6 go for it they're very indiscrete!
    Last edited by jlmanos; 29-01-14 at 12:07 PM. Reason: spelling error

Definately not set on the g6, more likely to order the kit in the link I posted but I'm just trying to determine why some have better reps than others being that they all seem to be basically the same. I tried searching for One Vape Street .......... the site is down for maintenance.
    Last edited by lulu68; 29-01-14 at 01:03 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast