Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Nr-r-nr wire help!

AVF Regular

Nr-r-nr wire help!

Hey guys i recently bought a pack of 50 NR-R-NR pre welded wires for my magoo and came across Kanthal ready wires. is there anyone who has had experience with NR-R-NR wires? and does anyone know if the kanthal ready wires are NR-R-NR? mainly because I'm under the suspicion that the Kanthal wires are much better quality... I'm planning on building a dual coil setup on my magoo too if anyone has tips for that too id be grateful!!

lmb
    AVF Regular
    Where did you get the nr-r-nr and kanthal ready wires from? the 'r' is going to be either nichrome or kanthal. Most people prefer kanthal, but there is nothing particularly wrong with nichrome. As for a dual coil build, make sure you know the resistance of your wires before you start. If it's anything like the ithaka (pretty sure its the ithaka clone) then it should perform very well

AVF Regular
    Ready wires are generally nr r nr wires jl

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by lmb View Post
    Where did you get the nr-r-nr and kanthal ready wires from? the 'r' is going to be either nichrome or kanthal. Most people prefer kanthal, but there is nothing particularly wrong with nichrome. As for a dual coil build, make sure you know the resistance of your wires before you start. If it's anything like the ithaka (pretty sure its the ithaka clone) then it should perform very well
    yeah i have the magoo-c its the brass version of the ithika clone, the only difference with it to the normal magoo-s is that its got a larger air flow control... i got the wires from FastTech they're like $3 I'm still waiting on them to arrive because they're on holiday. but I'm thinking that they're not kanthal.. Im also waiting for a panzer mod to arrive today

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by lheamfrg View Post
    Ready wires are generally nr r nr wires jl
    thanks! nr r nr wire system is so annoying because everything has to be welded.. ill definitely buy some ready wires to compare with the fast tech ones!

AVF Regular
    Not quite as cheap as FT, particularly with shipping, but Stormy's Vapor Cellar has kanthal NR-R-NR wires: Kanthal Ready Wires

Limelight Freehand S/Custom Classic/StudioVape/PC Wood mods/VR Wood Mods/TMod/Reo/Floris Little Orca squonkers; Axiom hybrid; GP PAPS-X SS and Lux;PAPS Lux; GP Piccolo; Microstick; Gizmo; DRIFT M22; bOd Mecha
    Haku/Origen Little 16/Hadaly/Manta/Stumpy/Nectar/Derringer, Herons, Spheroids, Eviva, Sophias/SnP, MiniAtty, KFL+, Dripper Pro

The fastech ones are ni chrome not too bad but they are a little short for the Ithaka I assume the Magoo is similar

Be careful with the fastech ones I find that the weld is fragile and can break easily, I got some kanthal ones from a supplier in Germany they are longer and are easier to work with

AVF Regular
    i bought these the other day for a ithaka clone from madvapes - havent received them yet

Kanthal Wire Coils, 50 Pack

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Philmac View Post
    The fastech ones are ni chrome not too bad but they are a little short for the Ithaka I assume the Magoo is similar

Be careful with the fastech ones I find that the weld is fragile and can break easily, I got some kanthal ones from a supplier in Germany they are longer and are easier to work with
    how short is a little short? I'm going to need at least 5 loops on the wick... not fussed about the weld quality so much i understand the price obviously resembles the quality and some may break. thanks for clearing up they are nichrome though! have you got the ithika?

AVF Regular
    which postage option did you select and how long is your expected wait?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast