Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: How bad is this

AVF Regular

How bad is this

Hey people just wondering I recently discovered that one of my batteries have a tear now I thought it was no big deal but better be safe then sorry, so can anyone tell me if this is still safe uploadfromtaptalk1390907577339.jpg

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

AVF Regular
    Grumpy Old man, Living inPerth Northern suburbs
    As long as it is not put into a mechanical mod with the positive nipple facing down it should be ok. If it were mine I would do a running repair with some sellotape, as regular electrical tape might be a little thick depending on the mod being used. I goes without saying to keep an eye on it and budget for a new one.
    GirlyPantz, arth_d and Fatman like this.
    Because I trust no-one Who tells me FACTS with no proof

AVF Regular
    I an guessing the damage was done removing from the charger

AVF Regular
    no the damage i think was done the other night i think i had a short between my mech and the magoo atomizer i was adjusting the button cause it was getting stuck then used it and whole mod got really hot instantly so i took it out and didn't use it again, i have other batteries on the way. So this one would be fine on my innokin 134 ?

Super Moderator
    Or Kapton tape if you know anyone electrical ?
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by hramirez View Post
    no the damage i think was done the other night i think i had a short between my mech and the magoo atomizer i was adjusting the button cause it was getting stuck then used it and whole mod got really hot instantly so i took it out and didn't use it again, i have other batteries on the way. So this one would be fine on my innokin 134 ?
    Hmmm I would be suss on this battery then ... save and replace would be my best plan
    GirlyPantz, Robray, margyb and 2 others like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by hramirez View Post

Why didn't you bloody well say that in your first post???? The image looks like a rip in the cover. If you are going to ask for opinions in the future, give the full story please!!!

AVF Regular
    If its heating up your mod bin it mate, it's not worth the drama, but more details in future hey?.
    steve.c and hramirez like this.
    Vaporista
    Noob for life

Last Analog

12-12-12 at Midnight

"If it was easy, all the cool kids would be doing it",

AVF Regular
    I'd be careful charging it or anything the first few times if it's been hot enough to damage a wrapper. Probably for the sake of safety I'd chuck it.

*removed following text - on second thought, don't need that sitting in a vapers forum with potential newbies reading*
    Last edited by Kronikabis; 28-01-14 at 11:28 PM.
    Robray and hramirez like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronikabis View Post
    I'd be careful charging it or anything the first few times if it's been hot enough to damage a wrapper. Probably for the sake of safety I'd chuck it.

Yes and so would I, but I can live with my mistakes but passing on questionable advice to a member with 40 posts upsets me big time.
    Last edited by Fatman; 28-01-14 at 11:38 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast