Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Fawks
  • 1 Post By Royts

Thread: Quick cleaning question

AVF Regular

Quick cleaning question

I have the day off so thought I'd clean some of my gear. Can I put my evods, ts3 (think that's what they are) and protanks in a pan of boiling water then let them dry out? Do I take them all apart and boil the wicks too?

AVF Regular
    Im not too sure, I can let you know what not to do. Do not use certain solvents to clean your atty's as it can leech into the silicon and rubber insulators... I have boiled a few of my atty's with the insulators and had no drama though. Have you thought of investing in a sonic cleaner?
    KitKat likes this.

Dont know if Id boil them, i throw everything into an ultrasonic cleaner in a mix of hot water, vinegar and bicarb. Could prob soak in the same solution for a while then rinse it all off with fresh water.

Vinegar, bicarb, vodka it all seems to work. Dry burning the coils would be a good idea too.
    KitKat likes this.

AVF Regular
    I ended up just letting them sit in some hot water for a bit then letting them dry a while before dry burning. Haven't done the protanks, just the evods. I have been thinking about one of those cleaner things, probably going to be my next investment

AVF Regular
    No issue with boiling for 5-10 mins. You only need to do the coil heads, the atomiser parts only need a washout, but you can boil if you want - will not harm them at all.

an alternative that works for me is 30 seconds under the steam attachment on my coffee machine, then a dryburn, then a rinse and air dry.

The second clean (rinse) to remove any ash from the dryburn.

There are as many variation on this as there are atomisers. Some people like to rinse in alcohol, some with vinegar solution, others with baking soda.....

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF