Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Hi! About to vape and looking for advice :)

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Hi! About to vape and looking for advice :)

Hello all~

First off i should mention that at this point ive never vaped... But looking at changing that. Ive been a smoker for about 16 years (my god that sounds like a long time now that ive written it down). Ive only tried to quit once after i broke up with my previous long term girlfriend, lasted about a year before the clubbing, alcohol and girls that come with being newly single finally caught up to me and i started smoking again. Even still i havent totally regressed 100%, i used to be a heavy pack a day smoker of winnie red (16mg), i now smoke about 10 winnie golds a day (8mg) and could probably drop that without much issue.

My tattooist recently opened my eyes to the world of vaping... Well to be fair, he introduced me to electronic cigarettes. I came home, googled e-cigs for abit, found (social-lites.com.au - what i thought was) a reputable company selling them and put in an order. Since then i stumbled across "true" vaping in the form of mod devices and the such... My first thought was to cancel my order and look at ordering something more serious. However after more consideration i realise that what i probably need right now is a e-cig anyway as it closer replicates smoking and is small enough that i can use it when i goto work and such (I ordered their premium kit + a bunch of 1ml clearos + a bunch of nico liquids so either way, its not a total waste).

Now for my questions-
    A) Does anyone have any actual experience with their e-cig? I cant actually find any NEGATIVE reviews on it so to speak, just a couple of people on here that seem to be against the whole idea of e-cigs in general.
    B) If the actual device doesnt turn out to be horrible, is there somewhere i can find nico carts that will fit the device? They dont offer this service on their website nor do they give model numbers. And finally...
    C) This is the big one, if and when i decide the e-cig isnt enough and i wanna upgrade, whats the most logical step? Ive researched quite abit but i feel im in over my head with mods and mechs and all this jazz. Im comfortable with the idea of using clearomizers, liquids and for the most part batteries but thats about it. From what i can see the logical progression is to just grab a batch of Ego Twists (which to be fair seem to be what Social Lites offer as their "advanced" product) and continue onwards.

Is there a shortcut through all this? I dont wanna be that guy that drops $200 on a bunch of high end parts only to realise i have to build coils and make mesh and drill airholes and all this other stuff that i have zero idea about.

I appreciate any feedback and look forward to replies .
    GirlyPantz likes this.

You want to use a proper vaper system, the e-cigs are no good. Order a vmod starter kit and some liquid atleast for starters.

I do have a e-cig and they just don't seem to work well, you can suck a lot on it and not get much out of it.

Steam-e-cigs | Home page go there and buy a kit, if you live in sydney they have a store.

Order online here some liquids that contain nicotine, they have a sample pack for $32 and $17 for postage.
    Buy Tobacco Free Electronic Cigarettes New Zealand - E Cigs NZ | SoulBlu |

Likely you will be spending $110 - $200
    hoekone likes this.

AVF Regular
    ego twist with a protank.
    dont even go the cig a like route.
    aniangel likes this.

I spent $300 on Blucigs before I found this forum, then moved onto Ego batts and clearos, then Provari and tanked cartos.

I was happy to stay at this level and thought RBA's a bridge too far for me. Everything has been used up or passed on to new vapers, so there's not much that goes to waste in the vaping world.

Noe's list is a great place to start as it's regularly updated, a necessity in this fast changing industry.
    Good luck on your vaping journey.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianS View Post
    ego twist with a protank.
    dont even go the cig a like route.
    That looks silly, pro tank mini or an Evod.
    GirlyPantz and steve.c like this.

AVF Regular
    I smoked ecigs for 6 months.
    They stopped me smoking in 2 weeks, so I can't complain.
    When I realised there were better ways to vape, I moved onto evod then kanger pro mini.
    As you become more familiar with mods and vaping you continue to upgrade.
    Use whatever you feel comfortable with.
    The forum will help you find the best value.
    I paid way too much for equipment until I came here.
    Everyone is helpful.
    Put your location in your profile, it will help us help you.
    GirlyPantz and maggie like this.

AVF Regular
    You might want to check out VapeKing great prices and some excellent starter kits.
    I would recommend Aspire BDC's excellent vapor production and cheap to maintain.
    Maybe an Ego Twist or two, charger etc so many choices just don't go with a cig like.

Raz

AVF Regular
    I just got the wife some of these...small, punchy and all in proportion width wise with the below clearo on...KGO 1300Mah MEGA EGO Battery | VapeKing

couple of these..Genuine Aspire BDC MINI Nova Glassomizer Kit - Vapeking

And a handful of these..Aspire BDC Replacement Coil | VapeKing

$70 and your done...
    GirlyPantz, margyb and spud like this.

AVF Regular

Stomp, still need to get the juices thou

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast