Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Some noob questions

Hi there everyone.

Began vaping 1 month ago and absolutely love it. Made a huge positive impact of my life and i wont be going back to the analogues. I love the community that surrounds this hobby and wont to contribute and be a part of it. Currently thou i still find myself with a few questions. I have read a lot of info trying to answer them myself but figured id put it out there to get some first hand info.

1) Throat hit. I believe throat hit is mainly tied in with Nic level. Over time I'm looking to reduce my nic (hopefully zero eventually) so was wondering if anyone had any advice on how to get a good throat hit while reducing nic? I'm currently using a standard ego-t and have ordered some LR attys to try. Would a VV (provari maybe?) increase TH> i.e higher voltage?

2) Ordering flavorless nic. So far i have been ordering my nic juice from tastyvapor.us and am very happy. It may not be the cheapest but i love it and its much more economical than analogues. I would be interested in getting some juice from juicewhore and mixing my own nic but am a bit wary about ordering nic juice online. Anyone recommend a site that delivers to Australia? and that seems to have some quality control with their stuff?

3) Liquinator Tanks. These things looks awesome and i like the idea of increasing the amount of juice i can have with me. I'm tossing up between ordering the type B attys/tanks for the ego-t (2ml capacity i think) or a 3ml Liquinator Tank. I have never used cartomisers before so I'm wondering if its much more labor intensive than the ego-t tank system? Also wondering how long a cartomiser would last on average in a Liquinator Tank set up? I was planning on using this with my Ego-t 1000MaH battery if it makes any difference.

Thanks for taking the time to read. This forum is full of useful information.

Best regards

Luke.

AVF Regular
    1. To increase TH you can add a little vodka or add a special TH product that Juicewhore sells, hmm i think it is called qhit
    2. Boxelder when they are on sale which they currently are - delivery can be a bit slow but good quality
    3. get a liquinator there is a reason that so many experienced vapors use them. They are not more labour intensive to use. I find Cartomisers can last around 7 days in a liquinator set up. I would get the VV Ego battery. Ego's run at 3.2v's, the VV ego battery can go to 4.2v. I find the liquinator with boge LR cartomisers really shines at 4.2v's and is only good/average at 3.7v or less
    Last edited by Mickg33; 04-10-11 at 11:23 AM.

qhit -----> flash

There is this too http://www.thevaporpro.com/throat-hit-plus.html
    Greenhouseone is also a good place to buy flavourless Nic also

Also I don't think Boxelder is having a sale at the moment. Because GH1 prices are cheaper for 100mg 120ml

Box Elder's sale is over but they have one near the end of each month - slow to process and deliver (up to 4 weeks) but postage is only $5

I just order 250ml each month on sale and have a constant delivery of nic :-)

(Which of course Mr Customs is less than 3 months supply...)
    Best Wishes

Michael

Hey Chilli, welcome to the vaping world - I haven't been here much longer than you but I've tried out quite a bit of hardware.

My experience with the Type B atomizer hasn't been good - I don't find it vapes that well and mine leaks terribly. Used it for about a week
    and I've just had to give up on it - I'm happy to hear from others if their experience has been different. Anyway for a $10 atomizer I hoped for better.

My absolute favorite device (apart from tank mods) at the moment is the Ego Dual coil mega cartomizer. It takes a good 3 ml of liquid, vapes like a steam train
    and lasts weeks. It costs $18 for 5 cartos from china (plus postage). pm me if you want more details - I'm not connected in any way to the vendor, I just really like this carto.

As a cheap alternative - but smaller - you can't beat boge cartos (IMHO) pretty well everyone stocks them and they are a good/great starting point for cartomizers.

As for tank mods - my experience is that the cartomizer versions work better but are a bit of a bugger to fill.
    The CE2 clearomizer versions are easy to fill but trickier to make them vape well and not burn your throat.

The only way to work out which is best for you is to buy one of each :-)

buggy.

ego T works well with new atomisers, fades pretty quickly over around 3 weeks, far less with some of the strong flavours from tasty vapour, I would rate atty life in days.
    liquinators are the bees knees so far as I am concerned, probably better with a mod though unless you use LR cartos, I find the right level of performance for me at around 4.2 or so with normal boge cartos.
    3ml fill, I unscrew carto from mod, push carto base into tank 5mm, half fill .. push back and rescrew, so its about a 20 second thing to add 2ml of juice.
    carto gets changed every 4 days or so, I slot 5 at a time with a cutter, takes about 3 minutes to do the lot.
    so 2 refills a day .. 40 seconds a day, 5 cartos lasts 3 weeks or so, talking maintenance time for always good vape at 5 minutes a week. I used to hand roll 50 a day .. whats 5 minutes.
    No way an egoT can compare with that ultimately, its always a bit of a fiddle.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

Ego tanks were my first vaping tool (Tornado Tank from Totally Wicked) - started with the Type-A - brilliant for about a week then hit the no flavour barrier - slightly longer with the LR Type-A - then the Type B and then the LR Type B - all failed after a short time.

Finally converted to JuiceWhore's LR Boge Cartomizers and was suddenly in flavour, TH and vapour heaven! Plus a 2 x boil in water plus a final boil in distilled water makes them good as new again - have not had to ditch one yet.

Specified JW cartos because the Boge's I tried from other vendors did not seem to have the same amount of filler in them...not sure if anyone else has experienced this?.

Waiting now on a Liquinator from Hack (my partner has pre-ordered one for my birthday) ... waiting... waiting ... :-)
    Best Wishes

Michael

How do you handle flavour changes with the liquinator Stoney?
    One thing I like about cartos is that I can have a few on the go and jump between them.

i vape till the tank is empty, fill with a new flavour and it takes a couple of puffs to get in, if you used a strong citrus and went to a tobacco I suspect it would take a while but I tend to vape stuff that all could all be thrown together with no real hassle.

as for cleaning cartos by boiling to bring em back to new, find that hard to believe .. mine fade after 4 days, an autopsy always shows the heater covered in black deposits that boiling will not remove and the foamy tissue like wrap around the heater generally partially burnt, not sure how a boil can restore that. Thats non LR ones (3Ω) used on 4 to 4.5V, cartos are throw away items.

Heres a photo of the typical insides after a few days, I have never pulled one apart and not seen this.. (click to zoom)

In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast