Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Considering my first purchase of...

Considering my first purchase of...

Right now looking at Kanger EVDO Starter Kit, in part cause it's being sold by at least 3 online Australian retailers, so that must give it some credit?, seems ok at around the $50 mark?

And maybe a $34 5x sample kit of nicotine based flavors from a NZ site (Because I can get it and try vaping sooner).

Does this sound like a good lot to get started with?, I want to get this stuff sooner rather than later, need to work on cutting out my smokes, give my lungs a break, and shake some bronchitis that has been dogging me for months now.
    GirlyPantz and Samtron like this.

lmb
    AVF Regular
    Welcome Bishop, if you want to get started, evod's are a good way to go. I'd recommend forgetting the starter kit and buying yourself a couple of vision spinners or ego twists and a charger together with a couple of individual evod clearomizers with some spare replacement heads. Pick up some juice to get started and have a read of the juice section on here to get some recommendations for better options.

Enjoy the ride
    GirlyPantz, Samtron and steve.c like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Right now looking at Kanger EVDO Starter Kit, in part cause it's being sold by at least 3 online Australian retailers, so that must give it some credit?, seems ok at around the $50 mark?

And maybe a $34 5x sample kit of nicotine based flavors from a NZ site (Because I can get it and try vaping sooner).

Does this sound like a good lot to get started with?, I want to get this stuff sooner rather than later, need to work on cutting out my smokes, give my lungs a break, and shake some bronchitis that has been dogging me for months now.
    Sounds perfect to me.

Look forward to hearing how you go.
    GirlyPantz and steve.c like this.

AVF Regular
    Evods are nice and easy to manage, simple to fill and clean out. Good luck
    GirlyPantz likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by lmb View Post
    Welcome Bishop, if you want to get started, evod's are a good way to go. I'd recommend forgetting the starter kit and buying yourself a couple of vision spinners or ego twists and a charger together with a couple of individual evod clearomizers with some spare replacement heads. Pick up some juice to get started and have a read of the juice section on here to get some recommendations for better options.

Enjoy the ride
    I am guessing your logic here is that it will allow Bishop to get some higher capacity batteries and a couple of chargers for about the same sort of money as a starter kit and they will be variable voltage instead of standard
    Last edited by GirlyPantz; 05-02-14 at 12:38 AM.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post

1.8ohm Evods work nicely on eGo batteries
    steve.c likes this.

What his/was your smoking habit? 10-20? 20-30? 30+ per day?

If your in the 20+ range, you will be swapping ego or evod batts daily. Ok to start out, see if you like it. If your a heavy smoker and plan to stick with vaping, consider a larger battery or perhaps an Innokin MVP kit. 2600mAh will see you trucking through 1-2 days between charges.
    Vaping does not resemble poisonous tobacco smoking, it is a safe replacement.

Replace, not resemble.

Safe, not toxic.

AVF Regular
    Hi Bishop, welcome to AVF The EVOD clearomisers are a great start for beginners, genuines are virtually leak proof (in normal temps) and the coils are easy to change, make sure you buy at least one 5 pack of replacements. You can read up on how to maintain them and keep them going.

You've mentioned you have a bronchitis problem and I'm wondering if you're coughing a fair bit. If that's the case, perhaps consider buying the Spinners or EGO Twists, which will allow you to adjust the voltage, which will assist in helping you vape, also, check out some threads/youtube vids on how to vape and get your technique sorted. You may also want to consider using a higher VG content in your juice, say 50/50 PG/VG, if your lungs are a little sensitive at the moment. Hope this help, cheers Deb

You know I thought of going for the bits and building a rig etc, I started looking into all of it, some of the adjustable batteries etc look cool, I like to tinker, but then I though damn, I really just need to get off the cigs asap with something fast off the shelf to start with, that I can just buy and use, proven 'starter' package, nothing overly complex.

If I find it gets me off the cigs, I'll likely put a lot more into it, really I got to try and see if it's going to work for me, and that I like it, probably cause I stress smoke, but also I smoke cause I enjoy the sensation and taste, always did, I need something to replace that, which is probably why quiting or the idea of quiting has always been hard for me.

I'm like third year in a row with bronchitis now, latest infection has been with me for many months, lots of antibiotics now (fifth course now), my chest xrays were bad, coughing off and on, my chest feels terrible, it flares up and down some, on my most recent visit to the Drs he basically said if I don't cut way back or quit smoking, I'm going to struggle to get shake off how bad my lungs are right now, and I'm still smoking cause it's just such a hard habit to break, and not just the nicotine, you get so into the action of it, becomes harder to stop than the drug.

I heard about vaping from friends on the net overseas, and oddly when mentioned to my Dr on Monday, he thought is was a good idea, very good if it gets me off the smokes.

There seems to be confidence in what I'm looking at, so I think I'll just order it tonight of tomorrow now, see if I can get it by end of week, or worst Monday.

AVF Regular
    Good decision, keep it simple, can't go wrong with a Kanger EVOD starter kit - I still use mine. Make sure there's 2 batteries and 2 clearos, replacement heads and a charger. You definitely sound like you need higher VG juice, the way your lungs are. Sorry, I should have explained that a higher VG, softens the vape, less of a hit in the throat, hopefully you can get your samples in a 50/50 ratio Please let us know how you are going, we are more than happy to troubleshoot stuff with you - as you can see, there are people here most hours of the day, cheers Deb
    GirlyPantz and spud like this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast