Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: co-ops - how do they work?

Question co-ops - how do they work?

Hi guys,

I'm quite interested in making the move to mechanical mods/kayfun. I am considering purchasing clones from FastTech, however, I see that there are things on this forum known as "co-ops". Am I right in thinking that these are group buys in order to reduce the cost?

Could some one explain how the co-ops work? Or point me in the direction where I can read more about them?

Thanks

Cool, just saw my "ex-smoker counter" is almost at 1 month... Been using vivi nova/protank2 on ego 1300 spinners...

Retired Account
    Generally speaking, co-ops are a member driven group buy which occur when there's something new on the vaping market that interests a number of members and isn't yet stocked by our Aussie vendors. You don't have a guarantee that you aren't going to end up with crap, because the object is usually very new on the market, or a copy of something on the market which is super cheap to buy comparatively(ie. clones)

Someone puts up a thread as an expression of interest, sometimes with a limit/order requirement. Other members add their name and numbers to the list, and if it looks like the number needed will be reached, enquiries are made with the manufacturer about postage rates and bulk pricing. Organiser reports back with price including postage, and people send this money to the organiser. Order gets made, people wait with great anticipation and days/weeks/months later, receive their orders.
    Pipesub likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by marshusensei View Post
    Hi guys,

I'm quite interested in making the move to mechanical mods/kayfun. I am considering purchasing clones from FastTech, however, I see that there are things on this forum known as "co-ops". Am I right in thinking that these are group buys in order to reduce the cost?

Could some one explain how the co-ops work? Or point me in the direction where I can read more about them?

Thanks
    You'll probably be better off going straight to fasttech for a mech mod clone. Nemessis clone for $25 delivered is as good as you'll get.

As for the Kayfun, well my clone is rubbish compared to my original. I think there are some decent clones floating around but just be careful and do your research.
    Pipesub likes this.

$3642 Spent on Vaping

Alright, thanks for the info and tip. I'll go with fasttech. Im thinking of ordering the following:
    1. Nemesis Mixed clone
    2. Russian 91%
    3. Kick
    4. Battery Charger for 18650/18350
    5. oHm tester

From alternative site:
    5. Kanthal Wire
    6. Organic Cotton Wool
    7. Batteries 2x 18650 2x 18350

Does that sound about right? Thinking this should cost ~$150.
    justdanno likes this.

Check out SuperSports600 on ebay for your batteries and charger.

... lurkin' and a likin' and a learnin'...

Quote Originally Posted by bikam0wz View Post
    Check out SuperSports600 on ebay for your batteries and charger.
    supersports600 items - Get great deals on non-protected, Chargers Lithium Ion items on eBay Stores!
    bikam0wz likes this.

Alright, thanks for the info and tip. I'll go with fasttech. Im thinking of ordering the following:
    1. Nemesis Mixed clone
    2. Russian 91%
    3. Kick
    4. Battery Charger for 18650/18350
    5. oHm tester

From alternative site:
    5. Kanthal Wire
    6. Organic Cotton Wool
    7. Batteries 2x 18650 2x 18350

Does that sound about right? Thinking this should cost ~$150.
    Probably add a dripper like an Igo-I to that or something similar as well as your Russian. Drippers are good for testing new juices or mixes and an easy way to learn the basics of building coils etc. easy to pull apart, easy to clean and really hard to stuff up!
    There's 10 types of people in this world that understand binary: those who do and those who don't.

AVF Regular
    2. Russian 91%
    I'll say it again, beware of the Kayfun/Russian Fasttech clone, unless you dont mind wasting your money.

$3642 Spent on Vaping

AVF Regular
    Hi guys,

Fasttech nemesis clone + the $2.50 austpost option will see it to your door in ~10 days.
    Ehpro Kayfun clone from chinamod/vaphilia/whatever their name is.

Job done.

EDIT: Also, as stated, buy your batteries and charger locally, SS600 on ebay or AMR IW packs and a nitecore intellicharger from your friendly neighbourhood vaping store along with some 30 gauge Kanthal.
    Last edited by Usernametaken; 06-02-14 at 02:45 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast