Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Heavy Throat Hit

dez

Heavy Throat Hit

So I just got my first PV since my old Elusion 1023 carked it awhile back, 2 Protank Minis with eGo-C Twists, and I'm getting absolutely floored by throat hit when inhaling, and I'm wondering if this is out of the ordinary. The juice is 18mg(which I've been led to believe is fairly normal) and 100% PG, on a 2.2 Ω coil with the twist set to 3.2V.

I mean, I'm no stranger to inhaling, I've been smoking mainly blues and reds for years, but I can only inhale small quantities of the juice without inducing a cough.

Is this normal, am I doing something wrong, or do I need a spoonful of cement?

Quote Originally Posted by dez View Post
    So I just got my first PV since my old Elusion 1023 carked it awhile back, 2 Protank Minis with eGo-C Twists, and I'm getting absolutely floored by throat hit when inhaling, and I'm wondering if this is out of the ordinary. The juice is 18mg(which I've been led to believe is fairly normal) and 100% PG, on a 2.2 Ω coil with the twist set to 3.2V.

I mean, I'm no stranger to inhaling, I've been smoking mainly blues and reds for years, but I can only inhale small quantities of the juice without inducing a cough.

Is this normal, am I doing something wrong, or do I need a spoonful of cement?
    Don't eat the cement!!! What you are experiencing is perfectly normal particularly since you are using 100%pg, at 18mg nic strength. If its too much, try adding a little vg to your mix, (not too much or you will dilute the flavour and the nic strength), and when you order your juice next try for a 50/50 pg/vg mix.

Welcome to the forum Dez
    Hidden1, Aussie Vaper and dez like this.
    All opinions expressed by me, are my own, I do not represent, or speak for, anyone but myself.

STOPPED SMOKING 11/08/13 STARTED VAPING 11/08/13

AVF Regular
    hi and welcome, dez. pg give your juice it's punch (throat hit) and vg give the vapour, so it's not surprising at all you're getting massive throat hit with 100%pg. if i were you, i'd pop down to the chemist and grab some gold cross glycerol (aka vg) and try adding a little of that to your mix. it will dilute the flavour and nicotine, as spud says, but may save your throat. if you're going to be sensitive to something, it's more likely to be pg than vg. i don't think many people vape 100%pg, tho there are a few who vape 100%vg. too much pg makes my throat feel like it's being ripped to shreds.

dez
    So keep the same mg, mix with VG nicotine? Guess I gotta deal with what I have until I get more.
    Haven't been able to actually start mixing yet. Got these juices already with nicotine... from an Australian vendor. Didn't know at the time. While I'm grateful I got stuff overnight, I don't really want to deal with anyone operating outside the law.

AVF Regular
    It's either too high nicotine or a bad reaction to PG.

Try vaping plain PG (no nicotine), if its still harsh you need a high VG mix. If its smooth, you need to lower your nic content.
    Last edited by Sign me up; 06-02-14 at 04:35 PM.

$3642 Spent on Vaping

dez
    Is there anything particularly wrong with going 100% VG? It seems harder to get the flavours in much past 50% VG, and sometimes I don't see that

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by dez View Post
    Is there anything particularly wrong with going 100% VG? It seems harder to get the flavours in much past 50% VG, and sometimes I don't see that
    Only issue is it can get quite thick and not wick properly. Juicewhore have high VG doublers.

$3642 Spent on Vaping

AVF Regular
    yeah, because vg is thicker, it doesn't wick as well as if it has something in to thin it. some people who don't want to use pg will thin their juice with a little water (normally distilled) or vodka.

You could run a test, just add some of you juice and some plain VG (as Kay said above, last time I got some was $5 for 100ml) to a test bottle, it will reduce the mg/ml but you can see what sort of difference various blends have.

If you mix some of what you got in another bottle, say 8ml of existing juice with 2ml of VG for an 80/20 mix, you'll have ~14.4mg/ml, 7ml juice with 3ml VG ~12.6mg/ml at 70/30 etc

You'll lose some flavour but get a better idea on the TH from the various PG/VG ratio's

The nic content also affects TH a bit, so not a precise test but might get you through until other options turn up.

dez
    I can probably test it on the tobacco flavour I have here. I actually liked the taste, was just what I was after, then 5 minutes after I tried the Red Bull and Apple flavours, BAM: "Wait a minute... this stuff tastes awful. WHY"
    So I wouldn't mind diluting that one down a bit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast