Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree89Likes

Thread: Confused

Confused

Hi guys new to the whole vape world and going to buy my first lot of gear this weekend. Have done a hell of alot of reading this week and am starting to get a better understanding of everything. But there is still a few things i need help with.

Am confused about mixing with doublers using nic that is ordered from overseas. What concentrate on the doublers do you get and what concentrate on the nic.

Should i do it this way or should i try and get ones that are already mixed with nic.

Absolute total newby here but am hoping this will help me give up the cigs as have tried everything else.
    margyb, maggie, Mathy and 1 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Hi Anf!

I had a headache trying to figure out doublers when I first started, too.
    For me, I started at 18mg of nic for vaping.
    I'd buy 36mg nicotine and mix it 50/50 with my doubler.

30ml of 36mg nicotine+30ml of doubler = 60 ml of 18mg tasty juice!

I'd recommend starting at a PG/VG ratio of either 70PG/30VG or 50/50. Might take a while to find your happy spot, but you've got the flexibility of being able to do that with doublers
    spud and anfbogan like this.
    Words are fun.
    Steam powered and smoke free since January 2013.
    Addiction is bad, let me explain it to you after I finish this coffee.

Doublers don't have a 'concentrate' you either get a single (not designed for mixing with nic) a doubler (designed to be mixed with nic and PG/VG) and a tripler same as the later but stronger flavour.

If you buy a 15ml doubler, it is designed to make 30ml of juice so you mix your own PG/VG including Nic to the desired strength and add it to the bottle. Same goes for 5ml, it is designed to make 10ml of liquid etc.

It is totally up to you and how much you want to spend on an initial outlay, I personally DIY and use local doublers too but still buy some premixed juice to try flavours. Probably to get started it is easier to buy in pre made juice to find something that suits your tastes.
    anfbogan likes this.
    There's 10 types of people in this world that understand binary: those who do and those who don't.

AVF Regular
    To get u started get some mixed with nic from an os site such as health cabin or mtbaker vapor but at the same time order some flavourless nicotine at either shop I would recommend getting 36 flavourless and 18 mixed
    Samtron and anfbogan like this.
    http://sincemylastcigarette.com/bann...12_default.png
    So far only about $1200 spent on vapeing

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    I would start off using doublers straight with the nic content you want. Reason is because you have been a smoker your taste buds are weak and it can be hard to taste the single flavours. You can taste something but if you have a collection of single juices, it can be hard to tell which is which. With doubles it is easier to tell.
    anfbogan likes this.

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.
    Lucius Annaeus Seneca

AVF Regular
    Personally, i took pretty quickly to ordering nic from O/S, and flavouring locally.

I ordered 100mg/ml nic, which gives me the flexibility to add nic to anything without "losing flavour" too much. I tend to buy doublers anyway, then thin out to about 1.5x depending on the flavour, to get a nice strong flavour.

As previously mentioned, order in some pre-mixed juices to begin with, but also put some unflavoured-nic into that order, so you have the flexibility of ordering flavour locally and not having to wait for international shipping.

Just my 2 cents
    avtek, Monk EyBoy and anfbogan like this.

AVF Regular
    Hi and welcome to AVF
    Quote Originally Posted by anfbogan View Post
    Hi guys new to the whole vape world and going to buy my first lot of gear this weekend. Have done a hell of alot of reading this week and am starting to get a better understanding of everything. But there is still a few things i need help with.
    What gear did you decide to buy, and where from? We can offer some suggestions for you, if we know where you want to order from, helps to save on postage. Have you read Noe's List

Am confused about mixing with doublers using nic that is ordered from overseas. What concentrate on the doublers do you get and what concentrate on the nic. Should i do it this way or should i try and get ones that are already mixed with nic.
    I can recommend buying premix to get you started on vaping, then you can continue to research mixing and what sorts of flavours you might like. I found that I made a few buying mistakes when starting out buying unflavoured nic, mainly because I didn't have sufficient knowledge to know what sort of PG/VG ratio I needed. I had doublers at one ratio and nic at another, whilst I really needed to vape a third ratio - made the maths complicated or impossible

Absolute total newby here but am hoping this will help me give up the cigs as have tried everything else.
    Another good reason to keep it simple and take your time, cheers Deb
    Nasha and anfbogan like this.

AVF Regular
    Mate you'll have to do the same as all of us, get a heap of different juices. Everyone is different.. my daily tastes like gum balls .,. no way i saw that coming
    mace, lulu68, anfbogan and 1 others like this.

AVF Regular
    lol at some of these answers.

yeah go the premixed juices AND the nic concentrate plus doublers etc.

don't bother getting concentrates till you have time to muck around with them. you will NOT save money with concentrated flavours. you'll need to spend in excess of $400 just to get a decent stable of flavours to mix with, plus all the gear etc you'll need, plus all the mistakes you'll make.

premixed (already containing nicotine) and concentrated nic + doublers or triplers is the go when you're starting out.

make sure you get a BUNCH of premixed bottles. at least 6 x 30ml. that will give you 6 weeks or so of juice to mix your own doublers and then time to give those doublers at least 2 weeks to "steep" (steeping is just time to mix, age, develop properly and you'll be surprised by how much of a difference it makes)

this is the calculator i use to mix stuff. Do It Yourself E-Liquid (E-Juice) Recipe Mixing Station! it can get complicated but it's actually really easy once you get the hang of what means what. come here and ask we'll sort you out.
    Apoc and anfbogan like this.

I don't need squat for ages, i just went shopping.
    $1800.61 Spent on Vaping so far, stocked up for 2 years @ 8ml/per day.

AVF Regular
    Its confusing Yup ,lol but worth a crack mate, i only got into this towards the end of 13 and found that once i bought the nicotine ( i went 100 mg ) and mixed at 24 mg strength i haven't looked back , from a packet a day winne reds for thirty odd years to no cigs for six weeks and haven't missed them at all.
    The missus is still on the analogs so even tho the smellies still around i haven't looked
    sideways :-) lots of genuine and generous people on this site with good advice, which i have no doubt
    have helped countless others give away the smellies, good luck with it mate !
    Last edited by mace; 09-02-14 at 04:08 AM.
    margyb, Samtron, maggie and 1 others like this.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast