• 3 Post By rebelagainstthemachine
  • 1 Post By TSUNAMI
  • 1 Post By Altered1
  • 2 Post By CMB
  • 2 Post By Nasha

Thread: Batteries in Oz?

Batteries in Oz?

Hey all,

New vaper here (and loving it)!! I was just wondering where everyone else gets their batteries from? I am thinking about getting a Vamo V5 from FT (the Vaping veterans at this site talked me out of getting a Nemesis clone). I realise that I will have to buy the batteries, charger and protank separately from the Vamo. I will buy all non - battery stuff from FT but where can I get cheapish, fast delivered batteries (in Australia)?

I've read that I'll need 2 x 18350 and 1 x 18650...Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Tsu

AVF Regular
    supersports600 ebay au is awesome and you can ask tonnes of questions if need about the batteries... and he will actually try and answer them I dont bother anywhere else anymore
    CMB, bikam0wz and smoker like this.
    ďBut I donít want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."
    "How do you know Iím mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldnít have come here.Ē
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

Awesome - Cheers, Rebel! I'll go and suss him out now.

AVF Regular
    +1 for SS600 - he's THE MAN for batteries.

Get the stainless steel version - the others scuff up very quick
    smoker likes this.

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

How long do they usually take to get delivered?
    DO you guys get your chargers from FastTech or is there somewhere is Oz to get them?

CMB
    AVF Regular
    SS600 does chargers as well.

Batteries have to go by road freight so depending on where you are from Sydney will determine how long it will take.

With batteries and chargers it is important to get them from a vendor that knows what they are doing, as there are safety concerns and fakes on the market which some inexperienced vendors are falling victim to.
    Fatman and Jas like this.

Jas
    AVF Regular
    I think vapebar has always sold the best charges IMO, my first charger was the soshine V3 and still to this day i believe it is right up there with the top.
    The Glock 9mm has a historic legacy of reliability, performance, Power and perfection

Vaping has just become apart of life, It will always be there until the very end.
    Official Vanilla custard extremist and connoisseur.

AVF Regular
    All the major vendors sell batteries... I know SuperSports600 is well known among the community, and a great helpful bloke from my personal experiences

EDIT: Just read that there may be fakes on the market... Juicewhore known for decent battery products? They were the only locals i could find that had the 18350 barrel mod, as well as the black eVic housings, so i grabbed my batteries from there too...
    Fatman and smoker like this.

Cheers guys!!

Just one more question - From my research on the nemesis clone, I understand that a particular 18350 is required because the mod barrel width is quite thin. I read that some people have even stripped the outer case off one batteries to make them fit...

Those of you who have Nemesis clone's - which particular battery (name/brand and model) do you use? Can I buy them from Supersports600?

Cheers,
    Tsu

Good chems will fit most batteries.
    Even the $30 chem I bought from e5cig will fit a pana protected (dia wise, I haven't tested length wise - I find the chem a PITA for battery adjustments compared to other clones I have so you're going to have to send me an ebeer for me to bother ).

But the point is as far as SS600, and batteries in general, I use pana cgr18650ch and efests from ss600, and sonys and AWs (bought from elsewhere but he sells them now too anyway)
    I have preference to the 18490 size though as favourites, but I don't use a Vamo, but use them in a king, astra, chem and private v2.
    Last edited by coopz; 07-02-14 at 10:14 PM.