Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: advice for newb

AVF Regular

Question advice for newb

Hi guys , Im a 40+ a day rollie smoker lookin to kick the Habit ...I got me hands on an ecig a few days back and know that this will finaly help me kick the smokin habit .
    I need advice on wer to purchase a decent E cig kit
    should I shop in Aust with some of the vendors here or buy from OS ?
    I want a ecig with long runtime extra batts ..everything I need to keep me vapin without havin to head home every few hrs to charge it all up

advice appreciated

Welcome Lastchance, I am relatively new too and there are lots of experienced vapers who will be along shortly to give you a hand. There are many different aspects to picking your first ecig such as:

How much do you want to spend?
    Does it have to look like a normal cig?
    Are you out and about a lot whilst vaping?
    Are you lazy? (like me, lol) and want a simple method of filling your ecig with juice?

Sorry to confuse you but might save you money in long run to get it right first time.

I like Ego batts, they are bigger than a normal cig but last a long time between charges. I buy local (vapebar and juicewhore) and just order nicotine juice from o/seas, as you cannot buy it in Australia. Hope this helps a bit, welcome :-)

AVF Regular
    thanks for the welcome pisces , well as for price I would prefer to pay a little more upfront on a good unit with everythin I need rather than continualy buy in bits an pieces , nah it doesnt have to look like a normal cig'i although I do like that ciggarette size although Im willing to sacrafice on size for runtime juice capacity ect ..Out an about ? yep but no so much in public I live in a country town spend most time out in the bush so I want somethin I charge away from home like 12 vlt charger ect ..some might say Im lazy ..nah I dont mind a bita maitanance ect if needed on the cig would prefer a clean easy fill method dont wanna be messin round out the bush with it .
    As for battery Im comfortable using Li ion 's if any ecigs run on these they would be of interest to me ..
    I will order the nico from OS , is there any savings to be made buying starter kits from OS or am I just as well served by Aussie dealers

AVF Regular
    I spose in essence Im after an ecig I can charge an fill slip in me pocet an be set for the day , if thats possible " without runnn outta power or juice and then havin to scambling me way at full speed to the closest shop for some analoges ...

There is no best way of doing it and most starter packs have two batts so this doesn't happen. You generally do have to carry a small bottle , say 10ml around if your out all day although some of the tank mods have alleviated this problem. A glasses case usually fits everything you'll need . Its good to get hardware in Aus in case of malfunctions . I would recommend Ego's or Riva's and a car charger , Just look for a vendor that has these kits and a car charger .
    For juice some of the chinese sites are good because the shipping is much faster and its cheeper to try out a bunch of different flavors and strengths to work out what you like .

Good Luck

Well I can do that with an Ego 1000mah battery BUT I am a light to medium vaper, so not sure if it would be enough for you. There are a lot of other options that I don't know about as yet, like box mods, a Provari, (which is the supposed top of the range ecig, and I WANT ONE) so just keep researching.

If you like the look of the Ego, most starter kits come with 2 batteries, so you could take a spare charged one out with you just in case the first one dies. I like cartomisers, (soft tops) as they are easy to fill, and if you get a xxl one they hold a lot of juice so perhaps would last you the day.

Just do some googling around and you well get heaps of info. Lots of people buy their gear os, (healthcabin) is apparently quite good and have a presence on this forum. I just like to buy from aussie vendors as I like to support local business and I have found them to be super helpful (Hi Hack, lol).

Welcome.

Grats on discovering e-cigs.

Be done with it now and just buy a Provari and charger + Liquinator and slotted Cartomisers. No muss, no fuss.

Wish that's what I did when I was starting out.

See Vapebar for prices and availability.

Do it now or do it after spending lots of money on other options, but you will end up doing it in the end anyway.

Oh, and just buy all your stuff from Aussie vendors.

A good 1000mAh Ego-T battery will last you all day easily.
    Charge via usb, so if you are out in the car you can get a car usb charger as well.

Juice lasting a day is a bit harder.....
    Ego-T type B tanks will last you a fair while, but not the best Vape around.
    A cartomiser would be fine if you take a 10ml bottle of juice with you to top up. Pick one that is easy to top u p throuhout the day. I'm finding the Kanger cartos with a drip tip attached which are easy to remove the best at the moment.
    To last longer you would need one of the larger mod tanks, but might be a bit much trouble for a new starter.

As for purchasing I think o/s for nic juice, double strength.
    Local for juice flavour mixers, bottles and hardware. It's often cheaper onshore for hardware at the moment.

My newbie opinion only.

I got nothing against the provari but come on there are a lot of other great mods out there and learning which one is for you is part of the fun , and a liquinator for a newbie , Which juice will he fill it with only to find out he doesn't like the taste of that juice .

Lets not complicate things too much .

hi there.

Im relatively new myself to vaping.

I was a pack a day minimum and would recommend a Ego-T starter kit. The 1000MaH batteries should last you a day easy. I would grab the type B as it holds almost 2Ml of liquid (plenty to get me through a day) and a LR atomizer (Lower Resistance=more vapour).

Charging the batteries is easy can be done using 240V, PC USB or in car charger. Ive been using this set up for over a month and have managed to get off the analogues. I would say try and buy through Aussie vendors. They are quite competitive.

Im looking at upgrading to a Provari now but would still advise starting with an Ego-T to get a feel for Vaping.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast