Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Noob help

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Noob help

Hey guys,

Been reading, researching and you tubing everything I can get my hands on about e-cigs. Problem is, I think I now have information overload and am more confused than ever, so I'm hoping somebody can help.

Hubby and I are heavy smokers.... And I mean REAL heavy smokers. He smokes 50 x 16mg cigs a day and I'm not much better on 50 x 1mg a day. Sadly, there is rarely a moment when we don't have a smoke hanging out of our gobs. Guess it doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out we are spending close to $1800 a month just on smokes (yes disgusting I know) That reason, along with the health issues and the limitations smoking is placing on our social life, is whats brought me to the wonderful world of vaping. Whilst I'm really excited to start, the hubby is going to be a bit more resistant to the change. He works on the road all day in his car, so if he has to fiddle about refilling or charging all day, its going to be enough to turn him off. I'm just hoping somebody will put me on the right path that makes our transition a positive one as I know I will probably only have one chance at converting him. I have these three questions if somebody could help me with:-

1) Equiptment - Keep in mind the hubby is going to have to initially feel like he is still smoking a cig and not sucking on something that resembles a pen ! Lol. So I'm looking for something realistic, that's not too fiddly and with battery that will hold out all day long. I think the Ego T 1000 mAh has the perfect battery for us, but it doesn't look like a real smoke. I do like the look of the Joye 510 T, but I'm guessing the battery will be an issue. Is there any way to overcome this ?

2) When ordering Starter Kits, is there anything else I should be purchasing to get us up and running ? (apart from juices)

3) When ordering nic juice, how much should we order to give us a pretty good supply. I just don't want to run out and have to resort to analogues again as then I will have to try and convince the old man all over again lol

I know these questions have been asked a million times as I have read them over and over again. Its just that the more I read, the more terminology I have to try and deal with and the more confused I become. If anybody can give me some suggestions as to what would suit our needs the best, Id be ETERNALLY grateful !

Cheers.

AVF Regular
    this site here helped me get a handle on it all excellent video tuts
    http://www.howtovape.com/index.html

Thanks for that lastchance. I havent seen that site before so will watch the videos on there too. I dunno, I just get my head around what a cart is, then start reading about atty's and drips and cartomizers and tanks, and blah blah blah it all turns into mash in my head lol

AussieVapers approved Vendor
    Hi CeeJay,

The site lastchance mentioned is a really good start. I point many of my new customers there as their videos will answer most of the questions a newbie has. Don't be afraid to ask heaps of questions on the forum also.

Regards,
    MB

Possible a PCC (Personal Charger Case) could overcome the battery issue with the 510.
    But honestly just get a big battery mod, Tell your husband its a bigass cigar and man up with it.

Thanks MB. Will have a good look through your site too

So basically what you're saying Sehn, is hand the thing to him and tell him to "suck it up princess !" then run awaaaaaaay lol I know I will eventually brainwash him, but Ive just got to start off on something that isnt going to give him a million and one excuses to give it up. Once I get over that hurdle, Im sure he will change his mentality from being a "smoker" to a "vaper".

Unless get him a 510 and wait until he gets pissed off at having to charge it all the time, But must be dedicated because a lot will go back to normal cigs.
    A heavy smoker should NOT have a slim 510 model. The battery will last ~ 1.5hrs, whereas a big battery mod will last most the day.

Yeah Sehn thats what I was thinking about the Joye 510T too. Hes only going to get the irrits if he has to recharge all the time. So you reckon Id be better off with the Ego T 1000 mAh ?

AVF Regular
    Where the spectre of Bjelke-Petersen still looms...A Banana Republic inside a Banana Republic
    510 Passthru and a USB Car Adapter - Problem solved.
    Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Quality Australian Made eJuice: Bunyip Vapes

Yup... Small or long lasting. Pick one.

That being said, given how much you are spending you could afford to buy 6 510's, charge them all up overnight, shove full cartomisers on them in the morning and make up a pack.
    That would seem a bit insane and a bit of fiddling, but scarily cheaper still than a weeks worth of smokes!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast