Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Help, help, help !!!!!!

Okay, so we are new to this. And I am sure this has been asked a million times before.

Both my wife & I smoke ciggies (rollies). Me Holiday, and her Drum Menthol (its the only one we can find in Menthol).

So here is our predicament. We have discovered 'Green Smoke' and thought thats the way to go. Nicotine until we ween ourselves off it, then zero Nicotine.

So, I have been researching like crazy, and we are now torn between the Green Smoke, and the Ego T (the 1000mah version).

Basically we want to get off the crap ciggies, and replace with Vaping. I have tried one of a friends at work, and was surprised at just how much it felt like a ciggie to me, and how easily I could go from one to the other.

Question is, which one do we go with????? All the review of both that I have read say they are both good. Obviously difference is Nicotine in one, and sourcing juice locally (no nicotine) the other.

Any thoughts/insights would be great, as we are just as confused as hell.

Thank you in advance

Todd & Sarah.

Super Moderator
    I was a menthol smoker and for a while was smoking drum menthol and have been vaping exclusively for just over 6 months. My recommendation would be an ego (for the battery life) and can only speak for cartomisers as that was what I used. Maybe you should get a few BUD sapphire cartomisers to begin with as they are reaaalllly easy to use straight out of the box. Your wife may find it a bit easier making the transition, as menthol vaping is virtually the same as menthol smoking (just in my opinion) I was able to swap straight from one to the other with no problem. Whatever you do, DO NOT let the amount of info freak you out!! lol Everyone in these forums are really helpful, and nobody cares how much you know and how much you don't. This is going to be the best decision you have ever made. Congratulations
    Ingrid

Quote Originally Posted by rockmoose View Post
    Is Ingrid the only one who thinks my penis looks slightly vaginal?

gaz
    Can I just warn the Greensmoke kit is a very well marketed, but overpriced kit. It is at heart a kr808 battery and cartomiser,like many, the halo G6, Smoov, Bloog, and this kit from heavens-gifts http://www.heaven-gifts.com/product-143.html

forgetting price the social smokers kit contains a similar amount of items, but most importantly the heavens-gift offering has 2 batteries.

Do your research, if you are sure the greensmoke ecig is what you want, get it, but its not unique, and is horrendously overpriced.

Im terrible at giving advice, Im not sure what about the green smoke is attractive, if its size, consider the 510 or 510T from any number of local and overseas vendors, or kr808 above. If size isnt an issue, get the bigger 900mah egoT batteries or similar sized, not having to recharge every hour or 2 is definately worth the size increase. Buy cartomisers, they are the simplest way to vape (imo), buy a few different kinds, some you may prefer, others you wont, look for LR on the cartomisers, they will vape harder and warmer. Check out everything each vendor is offering, buy from fewer vendors, pay less postage, get more value.

Read some more, work out what sounds good, ask some specific questions, when you have decided on a course of action, even post back here what your thinking and ask for opinions or if anyone knows of a cheaper vendor. Specific questions can very quickly be answered.
    GaZ

Thanks to everyone that replied. We took on all advice, and I am happy to report that we just finished our checkout session with Vapebar for some Ego T 900Mah starter kits (2 of) with a PCC.

After much research (and banging heads into tables) we kind of ruled out the Green Smoke as I felt the battery was a bit lacking (thank god I think we made the right descision).

We have looked into the Cartomizers but at this time of night, I think my head is going to explode with the thought of more info. But I am assuming we buy the Cartomizers (which have the dual coil in them???????).

I have ordered some RY 4 from Vapebar, and we ordered Menthol (for the Mrs & I got another Aussie Spice blend from Juice Whore). in a 70/30 blend (god I hope that is right, oh well too late now).

Will see how we go with the zero nicotine, and if need be, place an order for Nicotine later (if we need it......hopefully we wont).

And (fingers crossed) we will be Vaping on Friday night at our friends place over a few drinks.

Thanks again to all, and believe me, you will probably hear more from us in the future (I get a bit carried away with 'Hobbies').

Cheers, and thanks again.

save your cash get a few ego kits for the price of the overpriced greensmoke crap, have a read of the suggested starter kit thread.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

ah, good ... you where rpelying as i was .. good stuff
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

Good to read you got it all sorted. I think you made the right choice. Funnily enought I started with the same Ego-T starter kit from the same supplier.
    MJ from Vapebar knows his stuff and they have allways given me great service.

The RY4 from them is great too ... very yummy!

I went from a pack a day smoker to none overnight with the Ecig. You may find you don't need the nicotine fix depending on how much you smoke.

I needed the nicotine so I ordered it from O/S. ( You can't buy nicotine in Australia unfortunatly )

Good luck with it.

gaz
    Sounds good, did you maybe get a pass through with your ego batteries rather than a pcc?

The batteries should be good, the hardware sounds perfect, and vapebar are very knowledgeable and active in the community.

The juice side is maybe the hardest part to get right, I think you would be wise to order 250ml of no flavour 36 or 48mg PG from greenhouse one or box elder sooner rather then deciding in a week and then having to wait 2 or more weeks for it to arrive. You can buy local juices with double or triple flavouring to dilute with a mix of nicotine PG and plain PG or vg to your desired strength. The local juices will come in a couple of days, but the nic will seem to take an eternity.

Either way I wish you luck, holler if you have more questions,opinions is something this place doesn't lack

GaZ

thought about getting a pass through, but with 2 900 Mah batteries, will get a good day out of it.

Went with the PCC so, if we are at a Pub or BBQ or something, can charge one and be good to go.

Yeah, the juice is a little daunting, really just got something to start us off, and then go to our own selection.

I think (or am hoping) we can go straight to no Nico. We are not really heavy smokers (I can have a packet of tobacco last anywhere from a week to 13 days). Its more I have always thought "I want to give up smoking, but I dont want to give up my habit". For me, I mostly enjoy the sensation of the smoke, and have not really thought that I have the huge addiction.
    I can go on 14 hr plus flights, and be fine.

So fingers crossed.

Thanks again to everyone.

And BTW my beautiful wife (who is sitting next to me) said 'everyone is so nice on this forum'. So a big pat on the back to all of you, and we are going to sleep (I start work at 6am).

Thanks again, and talk to you all real soon.

AVF Regular
    As for menthol juice I still haven't found anything that beats Dekang Menthol -- I smoked menthol since 1988 everything from Alpine to Drum in the time since (as they became more expensive I stepped down lol) Hope that helps as for the eGo its a great choice well done.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast