Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

My first order - What a brain strain !!

Ok guys, Im just about to place my very first order for me and my husband and was wondering if you can tell me, have I ordered the right gear and is it too much or not enough juice ?

Firstly, the equiptment:-

2 x Ego T 1000mAh Starter kits
    5 Boge LR Cartomisers
    5 Kanga Dual Coil Cartomisers
    20ml Rye4 Doubler
    and some PG and VG no nic juice
    (got the Rye and the PG/VG so we can play around with it till the nic gets delivered)

And now for the part thats done my head in - The juice !

For me ( I smoke 50 x 1mg smokes a day)
    2 x 110ml 24mg PG based No Flavoured Nic Juice
    5 x 11mg Flavoured Nic Juice

For the hubby (who smokes 50 x 16mg smokes a day)
    2 x 110ml 36mg PG based No flavoured Nic Juice
    5 x 24mg Flavoured Nic Juice

Ive also ordered some doublers from a local supplier

Does this seem about right for our first time order ? I have no concept whatsoever about how much we are going to go through so Im not sure if this is too much or not enough ? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

OK... first off the hardware side of things looks perfect (my opinion).
    The only change I would make is that if it is for two of you then 10 cartomisers won't go an awful long way. Depending on finances, I would heavily suggest that at $7.50 for 5 grabbing some more would be useful. FYI I ordered 5, then a week later ordered 20 more :-)

From the nic perspective what you have is not bad at all. The only suggestion I would make is that you could make life easier by ordering just 36mg juice and mixing. Requires a bit more fiddling, but more flexible and means you aren't ordering 'his and hers'.
    I grabbed 36mg juice (which has finally arrived) planning to halve it to 18. As it turns out I think I will actually mix it down to 12. Personal preference though, but might mean less overseas orders.

I'm going through about 4ml of juice a day at the moment I think. That means 110ml bottles 'doubled' should last me around 55 days each. Your mileage might vary.

To be honest I think you've done bloody well. Your order looks very much like what I ended up settling on and am happy with.
    Only real question is the pre-mixed nic. Not a bad idea, but intrigued that you are getting 36mg nic juice for hubby (to double down to 18mg) but getting 24mg pre-mix....

Super Moderator
    Looking good, catos are disposiable and won't last you long your ego kits will come with 1 atomizer each maybe invest in some more atomizers or more cartos since your mixing get a few blunt syringes and some empty bottles and your set

gaz
    order looks good, agree with caffeines comments 100%, but if 18 isnt strong enough for hubby when mixed with a doubler, grab a tripler and that will mix with the nic to 24mg. Good choices all around the stuff you may be short on (cartos and flavours) can be ordered quickly from local vendors.

Thanks Caff, I will go and increase my order for the cartomisers. As for the Nic juice, I got the 24mg for the hubby just in case 18mg isnt strong enough for him. If the 24 is too strong, I can always cut it down I guess. He has the mentality at the moment that he wouldnt like the fruit or dessert flavours so will only try the tobacco ones, even though Ive explained to him hes not going to get anything that tastes like his beloved B&H Classic !! I got a few of the premixed ones just to try the different flavours and then once we've settled on what we like, Ill just order the nic juice and doublers.

So now the long wait begins. God I wish I wasnt impatient lol

Thanks again Caff. You've been a great help

EDIT: Thanks gaz and eth0x. Ive got empty bottles, syringes etc ordered as well, but will definately increase the cartos. Cant thank you enough guys
    Last edited by ceejay; 13-10-11 at 03:19 PM.

looks bloody great, well done. good kit and juice variety. should be an easy 3 months supply there.
    I am 18 months into vaping now and I am still not convinced by fruity flavours, I do like the odd butterscotch or vanilla type of thing though, but I more often mix it with a tobacco style. I find fruit ones give me heartburn or make me hungry. Seems to be just me though.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

Thanks Stoney. Ive been stressing out so much about getting it right, I think Ive increased my smoke intake by double today ! I got the hubby some Rye 4, Cuba Cigar, Dunhill, Flue Cured and Winston from Health Cabin and some of Dels Ultimate Pipe doubler from JW. I know its down to individual taste, but what do you think of these selections ?

I know I have so much to learn yet but after days and days of research (Ive read all 45 pages of this forum lol) Im very slowly starting to pick up on things. Mind you, once I get all my supplies, I'll probably be on here again asking stupid questions on how to mix the stuff lol. Gotta say though, this is the friendliest, most helpful forum Ive ever been on. I think we all need a bit of confidence when we first start out on things and today you have all given me a bit more than I had this morning, so thanks heaps guys
    Last edited by ceejay; 13-10-11 at 03:46 PM.

The dekang flavours all taste a lot the same to me, I have notoriously bad taste buds.
    You will not pick up huge changes between them and consider them quite weak. They also seem to change between batch and bottle size.The JW UP is likely 20 times stronger than anything dekang does.
    I don't do this as a taste thing though .. its not smoking is the main thing. So long as its easy, has vapour and nic I am happy. The dekangs are easily boosted with 10% even of the JW stuff to much more interesting levels. Those flavours are pretty much what I started with. The greenhouse 1 tobacco and cigar are probaly my main stays currently, I add some of dels cuban supreme or ultimate pipe .. and bring the VG up to maybe 20% is all.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

AussieVapers approved Vendor
    Looks like a solid start. May I suggest you grab a couple of drip tips? They come in handy when using Cartos.

Thanks for that Stoney. I think thats something I need to keep in mind ie When you get a flavour, you CAN add other flavours to boost it / change it. Guess its just going to be trial and error and it would be a miracle if I got all the flavours right the first time round.

Thanks Madbunny. Forgot about them. Boy this list is growing.....and growing......and growing lol. So far (without the drip tips) Im up to nearly $450 but that includes a couple of cases and adapters as well. Even so, we would spend more than that on analogues in a week (we buy a carton each every 4 days ) So even though it sounds a lot, Im still saving heaps !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast