Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sarahandtodd

Thread: And so the journey begins.....

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

And so the journey begins.....

Got all of my starter gear now:

Ego-T Type B and various juices.

First impressions are mixed.
    It is certainly nothing like smoking. In fact to start with I coughed a lot more and the taste is leaving my mouth dry.
    However, the throat hit is excellent.

I have used the Nicorette Inhalator before just ot get some form of throat hit but this is amazing compared to that expensive piece of crap.

Ego-T leaks a bit at the bottom where the atomizer meats the battery and also at the top. I am finding myself constantly wiping juice of the thing.

Over all I am impressed and have put a Provari on order. I see myself using the Ego-T as more of a back up.

A special note to the suppliers. I have been very impressed with them all.
    very helpful with advice, especially MJ from VapeBar.

I really do hope I can keep this up and stay off the rollies!

From what I have seen all most of the suppliers are great, always ready to answer questions and rectify issues very quickly.
    Also from what I have seen about the inhaler is it is full of other shit that isn't good for you.

AVF Regular
    Non of my Ego-T (B)s have leaked over the three months I've had them.
    As simple as it sounds, all I can suggest is to make sure all the connections are pushed all the way home,
    especially on new gear, as they can be a bit tight.

Good luck with finding a remedy.

Quote Originally Posted by naifyboy View Post
    leaving my mouth dry.
    I found that the case also. I just drink more now. None of us drinks enough fluids. VG being a humectant, sucks all the moisture out of your throat. I gargle before bed to wash the VG out of my throat before bed and that seems to allay the dry sore throat from going to bed with VG in it. Just a few things that helped me when I started.

Super Moderator
    For the first 2 days whilst I had dry mouth bad I used sugar free lozengers keeps that shiz wet.

Raa
    Quote Originally Posted by naifyboy View Post
    First impressions are mixed.
    It is certainly nothing like smoking. In fact to start with I coughed a lot more and the taste is leaving my mouth dry.
    As a recent convert, I initially was coughing until I realised that I was vaping differently to how I was smoking. Of course I had never thought of it as a smoker but I would draw into my mouth and then inhale. With the PV I was trying to inhale directly. Changed my technique and no more coughing.

Ego-T leaks a bit at the bottom where the atomizer meats the battery and also at the top. I am finding myself constantly wiping juice of the thing.
    Been there and done that. Some people never have a problem others do have a problem. My theory, outside of those where people don't fit the tank cap properly back in place which typically results in a major flood rather than a leak, is that it depends on what you do and how you do it. At home I never have leaks but going to work I do. Not much but enough that I am constantly cleaning. What I worked out for my particular scenario is that when I go to work the Ego would go into my suit jacket pocket mouthpiece up. Body heat then thins the liquid and the motion of moving around allows liquid to weep out of the tank, flood the atty and leak to the battery. I then experimented with putting it into my pocket mouthpiece down instead of up which solved that problem. The only word of caution when you carry your Ego mouthpiece down from my experience is that when you go for your first vape, give it a quick prime (a few decent sucks before firing it up) otherwise you may get a bit of burnt wick taste.

Over all I am impressed and have put a Provari on order. I see myself using the Ego-T as more of a back up.
    My other observation here is that in preparation for your Provari, you should grab some Boge 510 LR's, some Kanger horizontal coils and maybe some Smoktechs. These can then be used on your Provari and also work really well on the Ego battery... and don't leak. Yes you have to top up throughout the day rather than just relying on the Ego tank but the experience is different. The flavours are different and the vape is different.

I really do hope I can keep this up and stay off the rollies!
    My last jewel of wisdom (cough) flavour is key to this. Find a couple of flavours that really do the job for you and you will not be inclined to want a smoke. It doesn't take too long for things like sense of smell and taste to come back and then you really start to notice the smell of smokers around you. At the 40 day mark the last thing I could think of is wanting to pick up a smoke. I enjoy my vape way too much. That said for the first couple of weeks there would be the odd occasion where I would think that a smoke would be nice, as in slightly tempted but not killing for a smoke.

With all of that said of course, this is my experience. I know there are others that have not had this level of success. Everyone's experience varies as does their taste.

Oh yeah, and good luck. I hope this pans out well for you..

I can tell you from my whole 5 days of vaping, that the Ego-T's are a LOT better when using the Smok tech dual coil cartomizers.

It feels better in your mouth, than the Type B 'Kazoo' mouthpiece (which even when I was smoking Cigars on the old Ports, felt weird).

My Ego-T does leak a little (the same as yours) but from what I have found, its more to do with keeping the mouthpiece clear.
    timeout likes this.