Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Steeping 101

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Simmons View Post
    As merexy suggested, if you are looking for a milk frother, the Epica Automatic Electric Milk Frother works wonders for me. Try it.
    Hello Jane , or Miss "I-Shouldnt-leave-spam-links-from-the-company-my-email-is-registered-with.com" we dont really enjoy content spammers on our little forum .. cheerio !
    Noe, gert, gtadmin and 4 others like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by knightflyer View Post
    No thats not quite right. I probably confused the issue for you so - the way I do it is, work out all the amounts of the different ingedients to go in the mix then in this order pg, vg, flavours, nic. Seal the bottle, shake the hell out of it and throw it in a cool dark place (a drawer in my study desk) for at least a week then vape away. If I think of it I might give it a shake every couple of days but thats it. Everything needs to mix and the flavours need to go through the mixture, this takes time. The flavours will mix and mature with or without the nic in the mixture, the nic itself does not require steeping time, the flavours do and the easiest time to add the nic is when you make up the mixture.
    Hope thats a little clearer.
    Note to self, no drinking and posting in future.....
    Sealing the bottle isn't the best way to let the juice steep.
    Proper steeping requires air or oxygen to allow the juice to "breathe", certainly shaking the hell out of it is good but after you have you should remove the lid then put it away in a dark place for a week, you'd get better results.

As for nicotine, if you are vaping zero mg ejuice, then you aren't going to get as much change as quickly from steeping, the steep will take longer IME, when you add the nicotine it speeds the steeping process up a little & helps the flavors to "age" better, both flavor & nicotine should be added at the same time. Nicotine itself does not steep, this is true but it helps facilitate flavors to steep.

Edit: Just saw this is an old thread but now that it's been bumped & it's in the newbie section, I think it is good that the info has been posted
    Last edited by Noe; 30-06-17 at 04:10 PM.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    I have been experimenting with Ultrasonic steeping and have found most flavors work well after being zapped between 1-2 hours with a breathing space with the cap off and letting the juice breath between zaps. Eg: I mixed a batch of U4EA Coffee Mocca @ 10% 70VG and 30pg. I zapped it for one hour. Let it cool down to room temp and then zapped it for another hour. Then I let it stand over night with a cheese cloth over the top of the bottle with a rubber band. The next day it was right to vape.

Caution if you use UC method do not zap your juice in plastic bottles, some plastics do react to UC. I use glass only a small beaker and again cover it with a cheese cloth.
    Lest in self defence it be,
    Harm you none,
    So may it be!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12