Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to e cigs

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

New to e cigs

Firstly I'm sure this has been asked a million times before but I'm new to e cigs, I don't know the difference between brands or anything about them.
    I don't want to completely quit smoking, I'd like to continue having actual cigarettes after meal and with my coffee but I want cut out all the cigarettes I have in between for no reason other than to keep my hands busy and cause I'm bored. Its the action of smoking thats addictive and not so much the nicotine and that's where I'd like the ecigs to come in. I want them to looks like real cigarettes but I have no idea where to start and where to buy them or what to buy.
    Any help would be appreciated.

everyone says that .. ultimately though, you don't want them to look like real cigarettes.. they just don't perform well enough or have a good enough battery life to be much more than a stop gap solution.
    get an ego starter kit of some type and some LR boge cartos and some 24 and 18mg/ml juice.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

Welcome to the forum Baz88

Where about in Aust are you?

I agree with Stoney. Everyone starts with the thought of nicotine playing no part in the overall addiction but in reality the effect is huge.

Mostly all end up going the nicotine path (which is not bad by any means). You also control this as well so you can plan your own withdrawal from it altogether.

-H-

Buy genuine e-cigarette gear - Check out www.vapebar.com.au

try smoking a nicotine free cigarette, see how long that keeps you interested
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post
    Welcome to the forum Baz88

Where about in Aust are you?

I agree with Stoney. Everyone starts with the thought of nicotine playing no part in the overall addiction but in reality the effect is huge.

Mostly all end up going the nicotine path (which is not bad by any means). You also control this as well so you can plan your own withdrawal from it altogether.

-H-
    Thanks mate.
    Im from Melbourne. If tried googling e cigs and there are so many types at different prices I don't quite understand e differences and I'm not sure which company I can trust. I've heard e lusion e cigs are the most popular in aust but they are quite expensive compared to some others I've seen

Quote Originally Posted by Baz88 View Post
    Thanks mate.
    Im from Melbourne. If tried googling e cigs and there are so many types at different prices I don't quite understand e differences and I'm not sure which company I can trust. I've heard e lusion e cigs are the most popular in aust but they are quite expensive compared to some others I've seen
    Yeah "most popular" not always the best.

You would be better off going down the path of a Genuine Joye 510 or a Genuine Joye eGo-T Starter kit.

As to who you can trust, that comes down to a personal decision I guess. Do your research...there is a vendor listing in this forum which might help.

AVF Regular
    What you have asked for is in the link below this post.
    I reccomend the manual batteries. The starter kit is about $30.
    From that 510 you can upgrade to bigger & better things as the parts are all interchangable.
    To save on postage also order some nic juice, as mentioed above between 16 - 24mg.
    Normaly quick delivery time from them useing EMS, won't happen at this time of year.
    Good luck.

http://www.healthcabin.net/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1105_1042

CCC
    Hi Baz, My friend pretty much said the same thing as you, she said she just wants something to replace the actual cigarette because it is the action of smoking that she needs and didn't feel that she was addicted to the nic. She also wanted someting small that lookes like a cigarette, i could't talk her into getting a bigger model no matter how much i tried, we looked at many pictures of e-cigs online and she just had in her mind little and pretty and she didn't care that the cost was high. She ended up getting the ultimate starter kit from Vapour4Life http://v4l.com/starter-kits-vapor-king/ She ordered 0nic flavours and I MADE her get some with nic, low and behold when she started on the 0nic cartos she was having nicotien withdrawal and went back to analoge smokes. There was my i told you so moment but i didn't make her feel bad about it, she is now using cartos with nic and has no use for the others, she is now at the stage where she has to decide weather to keep buying the prefilled cartos or refill them herself, i suspect she will start refilling and will soon get tired of doing it so much because they are so small, she is now starting to look at my eGo like it does have some advantages compared to hers, wont be long till she has one in her hand. So my advice to you is either dip your toe into the vaping pool and get yourself a little expensive cigarette look-alike to play with for a few weeks, or dive right in and take the advice of people who have been there and done that and save yourself some money in the end.

Welcome to the Forum Baz !

Your second sentence was me about 7 months ago . I enjoyed every facet about smoking except the cost . I didnt want to quit !! Told the vendor as much. He suggested I try it anyway , so I did.

I havent had a cigarette in 6 months , I dont crave them , I most certainly do not miss them !! Most members in here have a similar story .

Unless it is an absolute priority , avoid the " Looks Like A Cigarette" Ecigs . Even for an average smoker , constantly recharging batteries gets tedious. All Ecigs , from the cheapest , nastiest ones to the Super Duper , all singing , all dancing ProVari work on the same principle , ie using a battery to heat a coil to transform the E Liquid into vapour. The main difference is , the bigger the battery , the less frequently you have to charge it .

Now to the nicotine question. There are some who have quite successfully quit smoking using Nicotine free juices , but they would be in the minority I would suggest . Its not the cigarette that your brain is craving , but the nicotine. Your brain will use every dirty trick in the book to get you to obtain nicotine.

If you want to go the nicotine route ( and I would suggest you at least try it ) you are going to have to import it , as retail sale of nicotine is prohibited by law. You can , however , import nicotine liquid for personal use quite freely and legally, and is no harder to do than ordering anything else online.

There are several reputable dealers right here in this forum , who will provide a much superior product to the Elusion , and at a much reduced cost.

Whilst it can be confusing at first , what with Atomisers ( Atties) Atomised Cartridges ( Cartos) , Dual coils , Clearomisers etc you dont have to get them all at once . Within a very short space of time , it will all come together , and you will be well on your way.

My suggestion? The Ego range is very popular , or something of about that size ( I started with the Bloody Ripper from Electronic Cigarettes Australia ).
    Order some cartos , Id start with 2.4-2.6 Ohms , and some flavoured liquid (Juicewhore and Vape King make very good juices right here in Oz). Organise a bottle of Nicotine liquid from China ( Typically , they have the fastest shipping) , and off you go .

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by postman View Post
    Welcome to the Forum Baz !

Your second sentence was me about 7 months ago . I enjoyed every facet about smoking except the cost . I didnt want to quit !! Told the vendor as much. He suggested I try it anyway , so I did.

I havent had a cigarette in 6 months , I dont crave them , I most certainly do not miss them !! Most members in here have a similar story .

Unless it is an absolute priority , avoid the " Looks Like A Cigarette" Ecigs . Even for an average smoker , constantly recharging batteries gets tedious. All Ecigs , from the cheapest , nastiest ones to the Super Duper , all singing , all dancing ProVari work on the same principle , ie using a battery to heat a coil to transform the E Liquid into vapour. The main difference is , the bigger the battery , the less frequently you have to charge it .

Now to the nicotine question. There are some who have quite successfully quit smoking using Nicotine free juices , but they would be in the minority I would suggest . Its not the cigarette that your brain is craving , but the nicotine. Your brain will use every dirty trick in the book to get you to obtain nicotine.

If you want to go the nicotine route ( and I would suggest you at least try it ) you are going to have to import it , as retail sale of nicotine is prohibited by law. You can , however , import nicotine liquid for personal use quite freely and legally, and is no harder to do than ordering anything else online.

There are several reputable dealers right here in this forum , who will provide a much superior product to the Elusion , and at a much reduced cost.

Whilst it can be confusing at first , what with Atomisers ( Atties) Atomised Cartridges ( Cartos) , Dual coils , Clearomisers etc you dont have to get them all at once . Within a very short space of time , it will all come together , and you will be well on your way.

My suggestion? The Ego range is very popular , or something of about that size ( I started with the Bloody Ripper from Electronic Cigarettes Australia ).
    Order some cartos , Id start with 2.4-2.6 Ohms , and some flavoured liquid (Juicewhore and Vape King make very good juices right here in Oz). Organise a bottle of Nicotine liquid from China ( Typically , they have the fastest shipping) , and off you go .
    The Postman is correct in every thing he said,

Myself im comming up to my 11th week and started on a ego -t on 24mg juice and from then on i never even had a desire to have a analog ciggy and didnt miss them at all and considering i was a 30yr 1-2 pack a day smoker this was a huge achievment for me.
    After the first 4 weeks and reading these forums i decided to go a Pro Vari variable voltage with a tank and dropped my nico down to 12mg and have been quite happy with that.
    Variable voltage is in my opinion less hassle than dripping etc ,but saying that some Vapors prefer ego,s and dripping etc.

There are a lot of very good aus vendors who will happily give you all the assitance you need to get set up.

Myself i cant speak highly enough of MJ at Vapebar and Del at Juice Whore are always available for any questions you may need,either on these forums,direct email or Phone contact.

I probabely havnt saved a great deal of money as yet due to getting stocked up on flavours and spare vapeing toys lol.

You will find everyone here always more than willing to give you any assistance required.

Before i got my nicotine liquid i tried just plain juice zero nicotine and got no satisfaction at all.
    Good Luck
    Last edited by moza; 18-12-11 at 10:09 AM. Reason: bid spilling

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast