Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Another two bite the ash (new to vaping)

HEY ALL
    First id just like to say a BIG THANKS to everyone who has posted there vaping story, how it has helped so many long time smokers to kick the habit.

I first came across vaping while at the smoko area at work two weeks ago, I seen a guy with a weird looking pipe thing and instantly thought it was a weed pipe or something as i have never seen anyone vape before,

So i asked what is that? He then explained it was an electronic cigarette and went on to say how it helped him give up the analogues
    after being a 2 pack a day smoker for over 20 years, He gave me a puff to try it out.
    So that night i went home and started searching for electronic cigarettes on the internet and came across many testimonials on how this smoking alternative was healthier and the success rate of quiting was very high.

After reading all those testimonials and doing a little research i started looking for starter kits,
    I ended up finding a reasonable priced ego starter kit here in Australia from a site called evape
    so i purchased a starter kit and was so excited when it came in the post, i charged the battery and filled the cart with the free bottle of juice i got with the kit and had my first vape, i was very impressed by the flavor when i had my first vape, i then passed it on to my partner and a mate who were also impressed by the flavor.
    I knew it just wasnt going to keep my interested without the nicotine(about 2 days lol), so i searched were aussies were getting there nic juice from and placed an order for a couple 30ml bottles from china, it was the longest week i had ever waited.
    Finally the postie came last night and delivered my first bottles of nic juice, so out came two fresh carts and filled them up.
    I made about a 12mg mix for my partner and filled my cart with the full 24mg juice in my cart.
    my first vape with nic was a little harsh at first and had trouble getting it in my lungs but i persisted and just had smaller puffs and it has been good since.
    My partner was very impressed by her 12mg mix i made up and said this will def work and that she would not waste anymore money buying cigarettes. she has not had anymore smokes since last night. congrats to her!!!

Me on the other hand is a big nicotine fiend and have snuck a couple in since, u guys n girls are correct in saying "its not about the ones u have but the ones u dont have" the guy at work said dont try to quit straight up, keep smoking and the time will come were u just dont like it anymore. i believe this is true, so i will keep persisting to vape.

My only problem with vaping is "why have i only just found out about it"? i have never seen or heard of it up until 2 weeks ago.
    I really think this is a problem because no one i know has ever heard of vaping before let alone seeing anyone vape out in public.

I dont have enough fingers to count the amount of smokers i know and i dont know enough vapers to count on my fingers.
    but this will change as soon as my mates ect try my e-cig with the nic juice.

I love all the threads u guys and girls write up about electronic cigarettes, very interesting reads.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK

How can the government turn a blind eye to something so promising to so many? i have read lots of threads regarding this question so no need to answer.

I will add more posts to this thread about my vaping experience, and i am looking forward to being a non smoker, for my health and my wallet.

Acb
    Another success story so far - good on you. As for the analogues, they will very soon start to taste and smell like shit

Welcome to the club and congrats mate..You've just started a journey to a healthier life

EDIT! Didnt read the point where you have read up on why the government isnt supporting e-cigs *face palm*

Congrats on converting mate
    Last edited by icymax69; 21-12-11 at 01:47 PM.
    Black Provari with 3ml AL Liquinator - Bunch of Ego-T's - Too many 510-T's

CCC
    Hey SouthAussie, congrats on the swap. Seems like you have done a lot of research and are very well educated already on all things vape related. Thanks for sharing your story here. So did you get your partner an eGo too? What flavours are you liking so far? I have also never seen a person in the real world with a PV, lets hope us trend setters are going to change that very soon.

I'm def going to be getting the word(E-CIG) out there

I won't be pushing it on anyone well except friends and family,
    But I really think all smokers have a right to know about ecigs so they can make there own choice.

Flavors that I like, well I made the mistake of only ordering tobacco flavors.
    I put a second order through so I should get that before the weekend,
    I'm getting most of the flavors hg/dekang have to offer, I think over 300ml worth in this next order
    So I can only wait and see

Yea I got an ego starter kit with 2x650 batteries and 2x attys so the missus is using 1.
    Iv also ordered a couple ego mega 900 batteries with mega attys and big carts.
    The missus ordered a white 510 starter kit for out in public and a bunch more juice
    All up between me and her we have ordered over $250 worth of stuff so far

Im also getting some pg and vg 36mg juice
    I might look for some nice local juice if anyone has any suggestions?

What does everyone keep there stuff in?
    I'm thinking a cheap tool box or brief case

Hi and welcome to the AussieVapers family,
    I, like many others buy my nic juice with no flavour, then add our own flavours from many of our aussie suppliers.. Check out our local vendors list in forum.. They are all very good, and plenty threads on juices..
    I started vaping 24mg and now at 5mg in the short time of 6-7 weeks that ive been vaping.. I bought some 100mg 30ml bottles and cut them down to what i need to mix with..
    If im using just a doubler flavouring, I mix my juice down to 10mg then 50/50 with the doubler so its at 5mg.. Geez and I bought 120ml of the stuff lol..
    Its going to last me ages at 5mg..
    As for containers, you use anything from crafting ones to tool boxes, even fishing tackle boxes are good.. Just look in places like Bunnings etc..
    Since your vaping with ur partner, You may need something bigger than you think...

AVF Regular
    Hi and welcome southaussie,
    I too have not seen anyone vaping. Hope this changes soon.

Welcome aboard and congratulations on making the switch!

It's amazing how quickly you get used to lower nic levels. I started at 24 and quickly dropped to 18. I'm on 12 now and tried to vape some 18 earlier today - couldn't do it! Had a few puffs and it was just waaaay to strong.

Lots of helpful people around here so again - welcome to AVF!

AVF Regular
    DSC00979.jpgonya southaussie two converts in one go.this is what you need to store your stuff in.
    RIP VP

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast