Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: New Vaper Equipment Questions

New Vaper Equipment Questions

Hi I've read all sorts of things on all sorts of forums and website, but is this a good start for e-cig use to hopefully quit 'analogues'?

From onshore:
    Joye 510 Mega Starter Kit Colour: White
    Joye 510 cartridge 1 set x 5 cartridges Colour: White
    Joye eGo carrying case

From offshore:
    18MG 30ML 80% PG / 20% VG Maiden Coffee Flavor
    18MG 30ML 80% PG / 20% VG Full Flavor Tobacco Flavor
    18MG 5ML 80% PG / 20% VG Cheesecake Fantasy Flavor

Just want something that looks like a cigarette and sort of tastes like a cigarette, won't make it look like I'm doing rocket science in the smoking area at work and hopefully will enable me to wean off nicotine eventually.

I know it's all in here somewhere already, but any feedback?

Cheers,

Vaping Noob.

AVF Regular
    If you want something that looks like a cigarette but vapes pretty well.. the 510 is a good choice IMO.
    Can I suggest though that you get the higher capacity battery (280 mAh).

They're a little longer, but have better life and also allow better choices of atomizer or cartomizer.

I personally think the 510T starter kit, an eGo battery plus your juice is a better beginner kit.

I started a month ago, quit smoking within 3 days.
    I was over the "look like a cigarette" within a week and have had to re-buy everything already for longer battery life and more satisfying vape.

If I was to do it all again, I would buy a RoughStack starter kit from madvapes.com for less than $80 delivered.

Pleski likes this.

AVF Regular
    If I was starting again I would be going for a starter kit with a Personal Charging Case so you can charge on the go. The 510 batteries don't last very long and having the PCC will help.

If you want something that still looks like a cigarette, a starter pack like this with an extra packet of Kanger Cartomizers is a good setup.

A small bottle of 'no nic' juice is included in the setup so you can start straight away until your nicotine juice arrives.

http://www.juicewhore.com/store/inde...&productId=470

CCC
    I would grab some 24mg juice also incase 18 is not strong enough, and some 12mg incase 18 is too strong.

AVF Regular
    If I were to go back in time I'd tell myself to get this starter kit: http://www.vapeking.com.au/product-p/vak0004.htm with the Ego-T 1000mah type 'B' option.

I bought a 510 starter kit and within a day or two ordered the Ego-t 'type B' kit.

Everything else listed in the starter kit I linked to I've bought separately over the last few months.

You wouldn't use many of the items in the list in the first week or two but it would give you the option of having them there and ready when you're ready for them. The atties and cartomisers can make a big difference in convenience, flavour & vaping but a lot of it you would just experiment with over time and having everything already available and not having to wait for the posty to bring them - not to mention the added expense of postage - is a big plus.

I also agree with CCC on different strengths of nicotine:

Quote Originally Posted by CCC View Post
    I would grab some 24mg juice also incase 18 is not strong enough, and some 12mg incase 18 is too strong.
    Vaper since 11 Dec 2011

Joyetech Evic-VTC MINI, eLeaf TC40 x2, Uwell Crown & Aspire Titan2

Vaping Blog: http://gaelyne.com/category/vape-away/

Quote Originally Posted by NewbsRUs View Post
    Hi I've read all sorts of things on all sorts of forums and website, but is this a good start for e-cig use to hopefully quit 'analogues'?

From onshore:
    Joye 510 Mega Starter Kit Colour: White
    Joye 510 cartridge 1 set x 5 cartridges Colour: White
    Joye eGo carrying case

From offshore:
    18MG 30ML 80% PG / 20% VG Maiden Coffee Flavor
    18MG 30ML 80% PG / 20% VG Full Flavor Tobacco Flavor
    18MG 5ML 80% PG / 20% VG Cheesecake Fantasy Flavor

Just want something that looks like a cigarette and sort of tastes like a cigarette, won't make it look like I'm doing rocket science in the smoking area at work and hopefully will enable me to wean off nicotine eventually.

I know it's all in here somewhere already, but any feedback?

Cheers,

Vaping Noob.
    what you have ordered there will get you started and if you don't turn into a crazy eyed vaping junkie like ^^^^^^ those people, may keep you going happily for up to 6 weeks before you need more juice. Use it for a week or so then make decisions on what you want or need after that. Its a good idea to get a second full kit of something ordered fairly early on to allow for catastrophic failure of a charger etc..
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

AVF Regular
    Good advice, Stoney. Who you calling a crazy eyed vaping junkie???
    Vaper since 11 Dec 2011

Joyetech Evic-VTC MINI, eLeaf TC40 x2, Uwell Crown & Aspire Titan2

Vaping Blog: http://gaelyne.com/category/vape-away/

Super Moderator
    +1 to what you've already ordered - remember it's all personal, if it works for you, then its good. Very easy to get confused in this past time.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast