Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Newbie saying hello

Ive been quietly reading and learning as much as I can from these forums for a month or two now, so I thought it was about time I said hello.

I'm a Queenslander and a pack a day smoker for the past 15 years and tried numerous attempts at quitting the cigs. I've tried patches, gum, microtabs, zyban and champix and talking to Quitline. Managed to get of the cigarettes once by using zyban and patches combined. But always had the terrible urge to light up again and was back smoking within 5 months

Started out purchasing an elusion e-cig about 5 weeks ago. Ordered the starter kit and about 10 boxes of medium strength coffee flavoured nicotine cartridges. Was AMAZED at how easy it was to go without a real cigarette!! No grumpiness, or trouble thinking, the elusion e-cig gave my hands something to do, and tasted good. Much better than the menthol nicorette inhalers. Went about 3 weeks "analogue" free until I ran out of the carts. The battery on the elusion e-cig would only last me about 1-1.5 hours vaping, so that was a hassle. I ordered another battery and also some stronger 24mg nic juice from GH1. Have been swapping elusion batteries and refilling the carts for the past week with success. The 24mg hits the spot and suits my bodies nicotine needs much better and helps handle that "jump out of bed" for the morning smoke.

I placed an order for a Halo G6 at the start of the month as I had read it has a much greater battery life for a small form e-cig, but it hasn't arrived yet

Got sick of waiting for the halo and ordered an ego-t from vapebar and got it today. Very impressed. Nice vapour, nice throat hit. Loving the battery life and can see myself having no problems vaping full time now

I plan to use the ego-t at home and the Halo G6 when out and about and at work. Until it arrives I will continue with the elusion when out of the house.

Cannot believe the government isnt handing these out to all smokers, less health issues, eliminates passive smoking, no cigarette butt litter. Lets just hope they become legal in majority of the overseas countries and then maybe the Aussie Govt will follow suit. Have heard New Zealand Health are all for them

If any other newbies are thinking about giving vaping a go, I would say "DO IT!!", I have had no issue getting the gear by international post. And they really do work without even trying .

AVF Regular
    Hi and welcome Extre248

Ecigs are great for giving up cigarettes. Its just a shame the government doesn't see this and still thinks we are better off using champix, zyban, gum, NRT patches and nicorette inhalers which do not work. Champix has some terrible side effects and should be banned.

I gave up 30-40 cigs a day using ecigs so it worked for me. I had smoked for 40 years and gave up 3 months ago when I found out about vaping.

How did you go using champix? any side effects?

Welcome Extre248,

eGo's will work just fine for you - good choice. Hope to hear more of your experiences on the forums!

Cheers, buggy.

Thanks for the welcomes guys.

Margyb the champix made me feel a little queezy in the stomach and seemed to put me in a irritable mood along with a few headaches. My Doc told me that the cigs were suppose to start to taste bad and I would lose the desire to smoke after about 14 days, it didn't happen so I gave up using them after about 4 weeks.

Been vaping away on my ego-t all day after a full charge and its still powering on, just started my 3rd tank These things are great!

P.S Anyone any experience with the Halo G6?? Ive seen one video review and it seemed positive considering its a more mini style e-cig, damn USPS are SLOW!! My postage tracking code for it hasn't been updated since Jan 3rd still saying its processing at JFK airport
    Last edited by extre248; 17-01-12 at 02:41 AM.

Hi and welcome to AussieVapers Extre248..
    Where in QLD are you ?
    Best of luck with your vaping, sometimes parcels get here quickly, sometimes slowly..
    Ive had stuff that says its still in sydney when it arrives at my door..

Raa
    One of the guys at work is a G6 users. He loves them for the discrete vape (he is more fashion conscious than I am) He normally carries a few around with him with different flavours. That said he is also an Ego user although using Boge LR cartomisers instead of the tank.

AVF Regular
    Good move to get off the Elusion gear, for a mini they work ok but geez they're expensive. Good luck with your vaping, just remember if you slip up and have a smoke or two, you haven't failed, it's all part of the journey.

CCC
    Hi Extre248, welcome to AV. Congratulations on quitting smoking. Glad you found the wonderful world of vaping, hopefully it won't be long till all of our friends and family members who are still smoking join us. I also have an eGo for at home use and a little smokestik for out and about.

Welcome extre248! Another QLD'er to add to the vaping community. Well done for making the change, you'll find everything you need to know here and if you get lost, just ask and someone will have just the trick!

I haven't saved sh*t! woops:

Welcome extre248, congrats on kicking the habit.

I started on Elusions too and moved to the eGo soon after just like you. The Elusions work for a while but you'll find that they'll start to fail after a month or two, the battery life is pretty crap too. They're also incredibly expensive. Moving from Elusion to the eGo was like moving from a Datsun to a Bugatti for me. You'll eventually want something even better if you're enjoying it but I got over 6 months of enjoyment from my eGo, so you should be good for quite a while.

Government isn't handing them out because tobacco leads to tax which leads to profit. Retail sales of tobacco in '06-'07 was around $10 billion if I remember right (which I probably don't). They don't want to shoot themselves in the foot by promoting cheaper (and healthier) alternatives.

They do work well for most people, two people I got on them have gone back to the leaf unfortunately - but the rest are incredibly happy with them. It sounds like you aren't going to need any help staying off the cigarettes, you're sold on these just like I was. If you have questions or anything jump in and ask, or drop into IRC, this is a pretty helpful and friendly community. :-)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast