Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: New to the forums...

New to the forums...

Hi All,

Just posting to say "hi" really and to post my experiences with respect to making my first purchase.

I ended up ordering an ego-t from ecigquality last night.

I've been looking at ecigs on and off for a while and about 2 weeks ago i decided im going to get one and i must say i spent many hours (at least 2 hours a day) in those two weeks researching... Originally i figured it'd be quite simple (choice that is), but theres just so many options and its hard to understand what the impacts of decisions are going to be in the long run. Ultimately I got the ego-t cause I can pull it apart and turn it into and ego, change vaporisers, etc etc (same goes for most of the joyetech range). I bought joyetech cause they seem the most popular and you'll find alot of information about them (probably more then any other brand). I bought it from ecigquality cause they seem the cheapest and yet they're the only actual distributor in Aus listed on joyetech's website. That was unexpected, as the only licensed distributor in AU i would have expected them to be more expensive then the competition, but for the unit, some extra eliquid and some extra tanks (starter kit comes with 2x900mah bat's) they were a good 20$ cheaper then the rest (everything I read said "make sure you buy extra tanks and eliquid", so i did).

There are so many points of confusion tho, originally I was going to buy something cheap just to see what they were like and then progress to something better if i liked it. Numerous posts led me to believe that may be a poor choice. Every time I came close to making a decision i'd find something that would make me second guess myself. For example, when I finally decided I wanted something from the joye range i started looking at people to buy from and without a single exception i'd find the same starter kit on multiple sites and everyone of them looked different and had different descriptions (this alone set me back a week in the decision process), there just seem to be so many fakes (and yet, alot of people seem to be happy with the fakes, go figure?).

Once i'd gotten down to "ego vs ego-t", it was very close to a coin toss to decide between them, then I got thrown a curve ball "type A or type B, and where did LR come from?". I bought the non-LR one, and i believe ecigquality only sell type B. But, I can always buy a LR atomiser later on if I find i'd like to try that instead. The reason for non-LR was because I read that non-LR atomisers burn out quicker then their LR siblings, and I also found out LR doesnt quite mean what I thought it did (i assumed it was refering to how hard you have to suck on the device, which i now believe is incorrect).

The sad thing is, I dont actually feel terribly well informed for all the research and i made my purchase simply based on "research is just adding to my confusion at this point". I know when the product arrives theres going to be alot of "oh, now i get it" when i start to use it.

One thing that would have been nice and I kept wishing for is a simple comparison to real cigarettes from a like-for-like comparison. I.e. I smoke x, so my best choice would be y in the ecig range if I want a similar experience. As far as I can tell, no such thing exists.

AVF Regular
    Welcome to the mindfield of newbie vaping. Everyone is equally confused at first, but once you get the gear in your hands, it starts to become clearer over time.

The key is dont give up at your first ecig hurdle, and ask alot of questions on the forum, and you will find that with a bit of trial and error you will find a vape that you are happy with.

Sometimes too much research is more confusing than helpfull. The kit you ordered is fine and even if you dont like the ego t atomisers , the main thing is you have good batteries with a 510 connection than you can use most gear on.

By the way where did you get your nicotine juice from? Remember you will use between 3mls to 6 mls a day.

good luck
    Last edited by Mickg33; 18-01-12 at 12:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mickg33 View Post
    Welcome to the mindfield of newbie vaping. Everyone is equally confused at first, but once you get the gear in your hands, it starts to become clearer over time.

The key is dont give up at your first ecig hurdle, and ask alot of questions on the forum, and you will find that with a bit of trial and error you will find a vape that you are happy with.

By the way where did you get your nicotine juice from? Remember you will use between 3mls to 6 mls a day.

good luck
    I haven't yet gotten nicotine juice. so far i've just gotten a few "flavours" from ecigquality. My next big chunk of research comes in the form of understanding what i want in a juice. I know i can mix them, im pretty sure I want to get one with nicotine (if only in the beginning). But as to how i mix them, quantaties, etc etc, i've read very little on that so far and plan on reading all about it while i wait for the unit to arrive .

Thankfully theres quite a few suggestions/hints/tips about what you can/should do that i have to read more thoroughly.

The little I have read so far leads me to believe im probably best to get a nicotine base liquid from e-cig.com and mix it myself. but thats with very limited research really.

AVF Regular
    go with premixed juices to start and try one of the better USA suppliers people recommend here. If you want cheaper chinese juice that most start on go to healthcabin.net - chinese new year will delay shipping for a few weeks though

AVF Regular
    Where the spectre of Bjelke-Petersen still looms...A Banana Republic inside a Banana Republic
    Welcome to the forum! Don't be afraid to ask questions. We all like to help.

Type B is the better choice. Type A is plagued by leaking and other issues. You might want to go LR next order as you will get better performance on a standard 3.7 volt battery - more vapour, flavour & throat hit. eGo-T is probably the better choice over standard eGo simply because the eGo atties suck for dripping and carts suck no matter what system you are using.

You might find the lack of throat hit in zero nic juice hard to get over. If you do miss that part of smoking, first try some premixed juices from Health Cabin or Heavens Gift (Chinese shipping tends to be faster than US) and if you don't like those flavours you can always order from US/UK or get some unflavoured nic from overseas and try out the flavours from our local vendors, who do make some very tasty treats!

Don't worry about finding your way. As Mick said, we're here to help. You'll either find your niche with an eGo or graduate to a higher/variable voltage device in the long run. One thing to remember is that as confusing as it all seems right now, there is an upside to the wide variety of products available both locally and from overseas: you are more likely to find what suits you if you are willing to give different things a go.

In terms of mixing, if you have an iPhone you can DL an app called eJuice that will help you with mixing ratios. Otherwise you can google an ejuice calculator to help you. Have an open mind here too. Most people settle on 80%PG/20%VG in their final product but others go higher in the VG department and some people have to vape either straight PG or VG depending upon their sensitivity to one or the other. RTS Vapes and Greenhouse One tend to be vendors of choice for people buying blank nic but Intellicig are apparently also good. If you need nic in a hurry e-cig.com ships via DHL and gets here in 3-4 days but it is more often than not quite odourous and can have its own taste.

My suggestion to you would be to try the eGo-T and see if you like it. Meanwhile, next time you place an order grab a variety of different atties and cartomisers so you can try things and find exactly what you like. For example you might try grabbing 1-2 Kanga, Boge and Smoktech cartos, a CE2/3, a 510 LR atty plus drip tip and give them all a bash with a juice you like. That way you will find what works without having to go month to month. Another suggestion would be that you take everything you read/view about ecigs with a grain of salt. People have a tendency to beat things up (I can be guilty of this myself) and when you try them they might be good but they are not earth-shatteringly different. At the end of the day it all comes down to what works for you. They are your lungs, it is your health and it's also your cash. ;D

*insert obligatory NothingExpert smartarse/caustic/unfunny thread-killing comment here*
    Last edited by Nothingexpert; 18-01-12 at 01:18 PM. Reason: catching up with newer posts...
    Mishster likes this.
    Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Quality Australian Made eJuice: Bunyip Vapes

AVF Regular
    Welcome Takigama,
    How many cigarettes do you smoke a day? What brand ?
    This will pretty much determine the strength if the nicotine liquid you will need if you want to replace cigarettes with vaping

AVF Regular
    Where the spectre of Bjelke-Petersen still looms...A Banana Republic inside a Banana Republic
    Ooh I made 500 poasts and I didn't even notice!
    Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Quality Australian Made eJuice: Bunyip Vapes

Don't order from china ATM. Go RTSVAPES. Or wait til the 2nd week of feb n hit up china then once they have had time to fill a month of back orders!

Hi Taki! Yes mate I went mental trying to work it all out myself at the start, eGo t seems the best entry point so you've done alright there. Keep reading on here I reckon is best and you'll soon see the overall 'better' choices.
    Ultimately its hands on tho as I still see conflicting views everyday. I've just started with batts and the top 3 carto's to get a feel for it. Good luck on the journey and share your experience for other newbs benefit.
    - - - - - - -=-=-=-=-=-=<=<<<([[-- HanaMini - ReoMini2.1 - Nemesis --]])>>>=>=-=-=-=-=- - - - - - -

AVF Regular
    Welcome Taki,
    Im a newbie also, been vaping for a week, so confusing on where to start etc, I went with the eGo-T also, I grabbed a couple cartomisers, I started by calling MJ at vapebar (check out the commercial section) it was so much better being able to talk to someone, also get on the IRC chanel and have a chat, I met a member at his house last night (NEO) and learnt a hell of a lot.

I have learnt so far to take all advice on board, and try what you think will suit you, and my favorite flavor so far is an RY4, just about to try a mad cow blend courtesy of Neo. Get on the IRC channel and ask away everyone on there is so helpful. click here for the IRC
    JuiceWhore Sig

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast