Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

I'm on the path ... edited

Hi guys / gals,

New to this caper and have a couple of questions.

Firstly, I see the reference to 3 months supply of nic-juice as the limit to what is allowable to legally import, but what qualifies as 3 months supply?

Secondly, is there a way to "condom" fill a standard cart/atomiser combination? I have tried it with cartomisers, I was wondering if it would work with the standards. I ask this as the cartos are a great idea, but don't compare to the standards, and the only real drawback to the standards is having to pull it apart to fill == messy

To continue from here

Quote Originally Posted by margyb
    GT
    I smoked for 40 years started vaping and was able to give up 30-40 cigarettes a day. That was 3 months ago. You will be able to do it easy and think of all the money your girls and you will save!!!!!
    Your 40 and I'll raise you 3 I'm finding it easier and easier everyday, first thing in the morning is a bummer though! But ... I'm confident I can do it, and I'm hopeful that the girls follow the lead.

Cheers,
    GT
    Last edited by gtadmin; 07-03-12 at 05:09 PM. Reason: Trial editing of title

AVF Regular
    Yes GT
    The month before I quit smoking I vaped all day but promised myself one cigarette in the morning cause I knew this would be the hardest to give up. Must have been psychologigal cause it was easy. I did worry about it though.

I have never tried the condom method as I fill my cartomisers with a syringe

3 months is hard to qualify as some vape more than 6 mls a day

Best of luck with it all.
    Margyb

I have been vaping on and off for the last 4 weeks but started fulltime on monday 16th Jan. I have an ego tank of 30mg juice I use for the "first smoke in the morning" hit! The 30mg juice burns the mouth and stings the throat a bit lol but gets me going and i have lasted 3 days so far!! Noticed this morning that the mad craving waking up wasnt quite as bad as it was yesterday.

Im vaping about 5-6ml a day at the moment (3 full tanks). So say 450ml of whatever mg content you choose for 3 months would probably be realistic I suppose? Im surviving no worries and ive been smoking 30-40 a day for 15 years.
    Last edited by extre248; 19-01-12 at 01:15 AM.

Ecigs: Halo G6-->Ego 650mAh-->Apex Ultra-->Smoketech VMAX-->Smoketech VMAX SS-->Smoketech Gripper VV-->Gus G22-18350-->Gus Telescopic-->Diablo Hybrid-->Caravela!

Quote Originally Posted by gtadmin View Post
    Firstly, I see the reference to 3 months supply of nic-juice as the limit to what is allowable to legally import, but what qualifies as 3 months supply?
    This one has been discussed several times before. The most I've heard anybody vape per day is 9ml, so work from that as a ceiling. Fortunately nothing is being policed at this stage so as long as you don't try and order commercial quantities you'll be just fine.

Secondly, is there a way to "condom" fill a standard cart/atomiser combination? I have tried it with cartomisers, I was wondering if it would work with the standards. I ask this as the cartos are a great idea, but don't compare to the standards, and the only real drawback to the standards is having to pull it apart to fill == messy
    Short answer: no.

Long answer: With a carto, the heating element is (usually) at the bottom, so the advantage of the condom-fill method is you are wetting the atty immediately, rather than dripping from the top and having to wait (or blow).

With an atty/cart setup the material holding the solution is at the far end. If you tried to condom-fill you'd a) flood the atty and b) end up with juice leaking from both the air holes, and possible even the gap between atty and cart depending on how thin the juice is.

If you prefer using atty's over cartos, I'd suggest looking at either a bottom-feeding unit or the VapeMate.

Congrats on making the switch too mate. The more of us there are, the harder it's going to make life for our government when they finally decide to put the boot in!

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by margyb
    Yes GT
    The month before I quit smoking I vaped all day but promised myself one cigarette in the morning cause I knew this would be the hardest to give up. Must have been psychologigal cause it was easy. I did worry about it though.

I have never tried the condom method as I fill my cartomisers with a syringe

3 months is hard to qualify as some vape more than 6 mls a day

Best of luck with it all.
    Margyb
    Definately psychological, if it wasn't we all would've given up the fags a long time ago. And thanks for the good wishes

Quote Originally Posted by extre248
    I have been vaping on and off for the last 4 weeks but started fulltime on monday 16th Jan. I have an ego tank of 30mg juice I use for the "first smoke in the morning" hit! The 30mg juice burns the mouth and stings the throat a bit lol but gets me going and i have lasted 3 days so far!! Noticed this morning that the mad craving waking up wasnt quite as bad as it was yesterday.

Im vaping about 5-6ml a day at the moment (3 full tanks). So say 450ml of whatever mg content you choose for 3 months would probably be realistic I suppose? Im surviving no worries and ive been smoking 30-40 a day for 15 years.
    I've mixed some 32mg for the morning, we'll see how I go

Quote Originally Posted by soundasleep
    Fortunately nothing is being policed at this stage so as long as you don't try and order commercial quantities you'll be just fine.
    Now I just need to work out what "commercial quantities" are! Nah, it's ok, I'll order 2x 120ml@100mg and I should be good.

Long answer: With a carto, the heating element is (usually) at the bottom, so the advantage of the condom-fill method is you are wetting the atty immediately, rather than dripping from the top and having to wait (or blow).

With an atty/cart setup the material holding the solution is at the far end. If you tried to condom-fill you'd a) flood the atty and b) end up with juice leaking from both the air holes, and possible even the gap between atty and cart depending on how thin the juice is.

If you prefer using atty's over cartos, I'd suggest looking at either a bottom-feeding unit or the VapeMate
    Thanks for the in-depth answer, it makes sense. I'm also looking for something a bit more ::cough:: discrete than this.

Congrats on making the switch too mate. The more of us there are, the harder it's going to make life for our government when they finally decide to put the boot in!
    Thanks. We sure live in a nanny state where the laws are passed to either protect the idiots or generate revenue (fines) (x2 - cause I ran out of smilies)

Cheers,
    GT
    Last edited by gtadmin; 20-01-12 at 12:33 AM.

congrats GT you'll never regret it!

Thanks for the in-depth answer, it makes sense. I'm also looking for something a bit more ::cough:: discrete than this.
    Yeah, the VapeMate is about as far from discrete as you can possibly get. A decent bottom-feeder box mod is MUCH more discrete.

Something like this: http://youtu.be/EcH6aK_C-kY

When (if) you're thinking about something along those lines, give Johnny a yell. His JiB models are AMAZING. Well priced, well built and Aussie made

AVF Regular
    forget the vapemate, i dont think alot of people like the cool vape and size of them - one of the smallest and best quality 3.7 bottom feeders on the market is the Reo mini and they have them in stock. If you are getting a bottom feeder then these are great if you want something small that will last

http://www.reosmods.com/index.php?op..._id=9&Itemid=3

on the reo site they also have 18500 woody that is a bit bigger but has longer battey life or within a month or so they will bring out the first VV woodies, but they are bigger again.

The Reo Mini is a great bottom feeder at 3.7v's and fits in the palm of your hand
    Last edited by Mickg33; 20-01-12 at 09:49 AM.

How did you go with your 32mg mix? Any luck?

Ecigs: Halo G6-->Ego 650mAh-->Apex Ultra-->Smoketech VMAX-->Smoketech VMAX SS-->Smoketech Gripper VV-->Gus G22-18350-->Gus Telescopic-->Diablo Hybrid-->Caravela!

Super Moderator
    Hi guys / gals, I'm not really looking for any more hardware at the moment, even the ego I have right now feels too big. I want to be able to get it down pat with the 510's I also have, as that is what the girls want to use. Thanks for the links though, they will come in handy at a later stage I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by extre248
    How did you go with your 32mg mix? Any luck?
    No good, couldn't vape it as it was too thick The problem lies in getting VG 36mg nic, should have got higher nic. I watered it down to 32mg using demineralised water and used it with an ego battery and 510 tank atty.

But I don't view that as a failure as I only had a couple today and tomorrow should be better. Worst case is that we have cut our usage to 10%, which is good in itself. I just tried the 32mg in a std atty with cart and seems to vape ok, so we'll see.

I have: 2x2 510 batteries (although 1 seems to be dead - measures ok but won't work with anything), 2x ego batteries (only 650mAh?) and 2x 510 PCC. Various charging leads and adaptors and 1x inline 510.

Several 510T attys and tanks, 6x standard attys and a heap of carts, 5x Boge LR Cartos, 5x SmokeTek Dual Coil cartos (510 sized), 3x SmokeTek Dual Coil cartos (large ego sized)

Trying everything in all combinations and with different nic strengths has been, er ..., interesting but we have settled on using 510 batts with standard attys and cartridges as this gives the best TH, flavour and vapour. My daughter works predominately nights in the hospitality industry so needs something discrete. I will use the inline thingy (that's a technical term BTW) while I'm at work which seems to be ok (with either a standard atty and cart or a Boge LR carto with a drip tip).

So this is how I rate the hardware.

Best of all is a std atty and cart on a 510 batt if all the pissing around could be overcome. Good TH at 24mg, excellent vapour. On almost equal par is the inline with std atty and cart, but seems to "burn" hotter.
    Second is the Boge LR carto on a 510 batt, but only if you use a drip tip. It's too hot without.
    Third is the SmokeTek Dual Coil, but even though I have trialled it, I haven't as much as the other 3 options so could go to second but doubt it.
    Fourth is the 510T atty. Clean and convenient, but low TH and flavour. Vapour is lower but still adequate, you just have to suck longer.

Using the ego batts with the same gear results in the same order, but seem to run hotter than the 510s. ::GT shrugs shoulders::

One thing I tried with the std carts was to replace the filler with a cut down spring loaded cig filter (I have Ventii's) to about 6mm. Worked excellent with very similar "taste" to a smoke until the filter become soaked. Tried this also with the Boges with the filter cut to 3mm and found it to be an improvement, just not as good as a std atty!

Anyhow, we'll persevere and see where it takes us.

Cheers,
    GT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast